Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2016, 12:56 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,220,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
So Clinton is playing her gender card to appeal to women and Trump is playing his bigot card to appeal to bigots. Huckabee thumps the Bible to appeal to evangelicals. What's the difference? It's all politics of division while the issues of the day are being ignored.
Is this democracy in action, or media persuasion? Might is be both? Are the people being entertained? What do we have here and what are we missing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2016, 01:02 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,675,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDocKat View Post
Is this democracy in action, or media persuasion? Might is be both? Are the people being entertained? What do we have here and what are we missing?
We have a BUNCH of people pandering to their chosen audience. Every. Last. One.

If we are too blind to see it - then that's our fault. Yes, the people are being entertained.

Old 01-10-2016, 08:31 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,232,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL it's a hell of a lot better than arranged marriages or popping them out when dead beat daddy's off with another woman or in Bills case, hubby's off with many women.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
This has been happening before Trump (which I don't condone but has done it as a private citizen) and will continue afterwards with other couples all over - sadly nothing new here.

And H. Clinton has used and still uses her husband for their foundation and politically that affects many.

But H. Clinton is the one who started with her "woman card" BS.
Obvious attempts at deflection. CD posters favorite habit when they have no words of substance to add.

Old 01-10-2016, 09:34 PM

16,873 posts, read 8,857,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Obvious attempts at deflection. CD posters favorite habit when they have no words of substance to add.

That poster at least replied to your post. You have failed to even attempt to refute my post directed at you.

`

Old 01-11-2016, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Donations which she solicited from these regimes while she was the US Secretary of State, flying around the world at taxpayer expense.

Does anyone really believe she would take a meaningful stand against these regimes, as you would expect an outspoken advocate for women's rights such as she claims to be to do? Fat chance.
How about we worry about women in THIS country and then we can discuss women in other countries. Yes, I do think she would concern herself with women's issues. She is, I don't know if you have noticed, a woman.

Donald Trump has no high moral ground on which to speak and he got reminded of that Sunday. How ugly his divorces have been; highly covered in all the Tabloids and the accusations that were aimed against him.

He readily acknowledges this - but thinks it doesn't matter because 'he wasn't President at the time'.

Neither was Hillary.

Old 01-11-2016, 12:01 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,588,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
How about we worry about women in THIS country and then we can discuss women in other countries. Yes, I do think she would concern herself with women's issues. She is, I don't know if you have noticed, a woman.

Donald Trump has no high moral ground on which to speak and he got reminded of that Sunday. How ugly his divorces have been; highly covered in all the Tabloids and the accusations that were aimed against him.

He readily acknowledges this - but thinks it doesn't matter because 'he wasn't President at the time'.

Neither was Hillary.
The 'Woman's card' has been Trumped. Time for you to accept the obvious reality on this. Hillary has said herself she is standing down on this issue.

Old 01-11-2016, 12:23 PM

1,009 posts, read 713,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Neither was Hillary.
Why do you care about his divorces they are his personal business ? As far of old bag face her personal business is our business , her Bubba has been accused of many scandalous sexual encounters while in office but you already know this . Hillary is just out for her loathsome self she does not care about anyone else but Hillary , greed is her middle name . Are you a woman ? If not please don't speak about her concerns for US women .

Old 01-11-2016, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopalcholic View Post
Why do you care about his divorces they are his personal business ? As far of old bag face her personal business is our business , her Bubba has been accused of many scandalous sexual encounters while in office but you already know this . Hillary is just out for her loathsome self she does not care about anyone else but Hillary , greed is her middle name . Are you a woman ? If not please don't speak about her concerns for US women .
Let me see - HER business is YOUR business but Candidate Trump's business is only his own.

Sure, that makes sense said no one ever.

I'll speak about whatever I want and if you don't like it - don't feel the need to reply.

Old 01-11-2016, 05:35 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,232,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
And your indignation about this practice started when exactly?

This sad reality has been going on well before any of us were born. Not every guy has the looks of Tom Selleck, but many an otherwise average or ugly looking guy has parlayed his assets into getting a better looking wife than he otherwise could get.
Power, money, fame, etc. is certainly an attraction to some women, even if it for all the wrong reasons.

Men also are attracted to women based solely on their exterior looks, despite a despicable person that is just laying under the skin.
Neither gender has the moral high ground if they get together for superficial things, or their own self interests.

`
I didn't see your post. A gold digger for a first lady is a poor example for the young women, and men of America, as is a president who constantly trades in his wives for younger models. I have always believed it should be emphasized that there is much more to a deeply fulfilling partnership than looks and money.

Last edited by detshen; 01-11-2016 at 05:49 PM..

Old 01-11-2016, 05:43 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,243,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I didn't see your post. A gold digger for a first lady is a poor example for the young women, and men of America, as is a president who constantly trades in his wives for younger models.
That doesn't matter as a high percentile here in the USA know of gold diggers - nothing new and she'll only be another example not a poor one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections