Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 11:52 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,639,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post
I agree with you. I'm sure she knows Bernie Sanders more than you, I or anyone on this forum and I'm willing to bet that she knew DAMN well it wasn't meant as a sexist comment, but she saw a chance to grab some cheap political points and took it.
This is the same person who will campaign down south and adopt a phony southern drawl just to fake some cheap attempt at rapport with the crowd.
Right.

Bernie's remark has nothing to do with Gender, and she made it a Gender issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2015, 11:56 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,087,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
and Hillary is doing the same to Bernie sanders, although not quite successful.
LOL. Yeah, she's doing exactly the same thing as being the subject of a years' long bogus investigation by pointing out that when women are forceful or determined they are perceived differently than when men say the same thing. Gee, they are so similar I can hardly tell where one ends and the other begins.

We get it, you want to rag on Hillary for something, so have at it. But know that millions of women understand what she's saying, even if you don't. Or won't. Or maybe have no experience with yet.

Old 10-26-2015, 12:01 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,639,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
LOL. Yeah, she's doing exactly the same thing as being the subject of a years' long bogus investigation by pointing out that when women are forceful or determined they are perceived differently than when men say the same thing. Gee, they are so similar I can hardly tell where one ends and the other begins.

We get it, you want to rag on Hillary for something, so have at it. But know that millions of women understand what she's saying, even if you don't. Or won't. Or maybe have no experience with yet.
I think at the very least, we can keep the conversation civil.

I know you like her, vote for her. problem solved.

But you cannot change the fact in this particular case, she wanted to get rid of Bernie sanders by painting him as a sexist

Here

Hillary Clinton Sharpens Her Barbs Against Bernie Sanders

Hillary Clinton Implies Bernie Sanders Made Sexist Remark

Old 10-26-2015, 12:06 PM

756 posts, read 425,215 times
Quote:

Millions of women may understand what she is saying but Bernie Sander's wasn't guilty of it.

The point of the OP was you don't get to claim sexism on one hand because you think a man said you were shouting or being shrill and we are supposed to have a gender-equal playing field but then play up YOUR own gender as a benefit to your candidacy.

Old 10-26-2015, 12:12 PM

25,968 posts, read 22,154,119 times
Quote:
Hillary Clinton

Versus

Hillary Clinton

Soooo, were supposed to believe her gender makes her a more appealing candidate in one instance but in another she's a victim of sexism?
Can't have it both ways! If we have equality, you can claim outrage at sexism but you don't get to claim that your gender makes you a more appealing candidate.
I don't care for it coming from her or Florina. I consider it an insult that a female candidate would think she would get my vote because I am a female.

Quote:
You know what? This woman just cannot stop being a drama queen and hateful

Clinton apparently referred to a moment in the Democratic debate when Sanders said that “all the shouting in the world†will not improve gun laws.

“I’ve been told to stop shouting about guns,†Clinton said to cheers. “Actually I haven’t been shouting, but sometimes when a woman talks, some people think it’s shouting!â€

Bernie sanders NEVER disrespect women and said women like to shout.

She is such a drama queen. Plays Gender card is really getting old. I am a girl, and I won't vote for Bernie. But I like the old grandpa. He is not a sexist or a hateful man.

She is a drama queen and a career politician who will use every trick in the book to get rid of the honorable old Bernie Sanders.
Definitely a "drama" queen. Actually, I do not believe that a woman talking sounds like someone shouting especially since most women, being smaller than a male with less gruff voice have a harder time being heard. I am sure this was part of her "coaching", being loud. I wonder if that "peeved" look couldn't have been bred out of her because it is bad.

Quote:
Yes, you are a girl. Women who have struggled in the working world for the last 40 or 50 years understand what Hillary is talking about. A man can say something and be deemed "forceful," and a woman who says the same thing is called "shrill" or "bitchy." You are young, so you haven't experienced a lot of this yet, and you may not to the same degree because of all the women who came before you and broke the ground for you.

You're welcome.
I am a woman. 61 years old and I don't know what Hillary is talking about. I was also in the military and spent a few years working on a military post after that. Hillary is the "b" word you mentioned. Speaking loudly and acting hateful toward the world combined with the bitter peeved look, ah, I'm not going to identify with her. I have not a shred of respect for her and if anything, she makes women look bad playing the "woman" card. Yeah, I couldn't care less what sex/gender the POTUS is since that isn't even on my list as a qualification, not that or race.

Quote:
Please read the OP, it was about ONE particular remark

"all the shouting..." and Hillary turned it into a Gender issue.

I've never pretended there is no sexism in the workplace, but Bernie's particular remark has absolutely NOTHING to do with Gender.

Did Hillary play Gender card in this PARTICULAR CASE? she absolutely did.

Drama queen alert.
She is desperate. Hillary tries to play every remark and every person. She needs to jump on broom and go home.

Old 10-26-2015, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I am a woman. 61 years old and I don't know what Hillary is talking about. I was also in the military and spent a few years working on a military post after that.
Well, congratulations, you are probably the only woman of your generation in America who never experienced a double standard due to your gender. (Though being in the military during what I would assume was the 70s and 80s, one would find that pretty hard to believe.)

Old 10-26-2015, 12:44 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,672,276 times
Quote:
I'm not lecturing you, I'm telling you why Hillary said what she said. If you choose to pretend that there is no sexism in the workplace anymore, or that she won't be held to standards that men are not, well, life will teach you otherwise eventually.
We can all decide what Hillary said,
but to read her mind and explain why she said something is indeed a special gift.
She has hit her head so many times and the strokes she has suffered are best explained by those who understand a diseased mind. If one listens carefully it's not hard to see the short circuit between her brain and her tongue.

Old 10-26-2015, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
but to read her mind and explain why she said something is indeed a special gift.
She has hit her head so many times and the strokes she has suffered are best explained by those who understand a diseased mind. If one listens carefully it's not hard to see the short circuit between her brain and her tongue.
Trust me, most women who heard her understood her perfectly, in much the same way that most women who heard Fiorina's retort to Trump regarding his comment on her looks understood her perfectly.

As for the rest of your post, I watched all 11 hours of her testimony last week. She was in command of not only herself, but the facts, throughout. In the end it was the Republican members of the pretend Benghazi committee whose brains were short circuiting. Gowdy was sweating so profusely I was worried he was going into cardiac arrest. And Clinton, at the end of that grueling session, looked cool, calm and in control. In short, presidential.

Old 10-26-2015, 01:16 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Hillary Clinton

Versus

Hillary Clinton

Soooo, were supposed to believe her gender makes her a more appealing candidate in one instance but in another she's a victim of sexism?
Can't have it both ways! If we have equality, you can claim outrage at sexism but you don't get to claim that your gender makes you a more appealing candidate.
What do you care?

Come on, you wouldn't vote for her if she were the fairy godmother.

Just another bashing Hillary thread.

Lands, she must be a really formidable candidate.

Old 10-26-2015, 01:18 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
A diseased mind that made Trey Gowdy sweat like a pig and all the Republican congresscritters up there look like complete FOOLS.

Don't kid yourself.

She is smarter than all those folks put together and . . it showed. Even most Republicans will acknowledge that the optics were SO BAD for the Republicans but . . you choose to believe what you will .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections