Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 05:48 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,952,026 times

Advertisements

The GOP will survive, damaged for many years, but they will survive. This mess we just went thru was just the Party setting the stage to get the garbage out. Even the TNuts are hightailing it away from the idiot caucus. The GOP leadership had to take this course to purge the nuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 08:27 AM

39,207 posts, read 51,694,504 times
Ironically, Obama is saving the Republicans. Obama has taken on the tea party faction and succeeded in painting it as an extremist faction and turning popular opinion against it. Even the wealthy benefactors that created and sustained the teas are turning away. With the right wing influence destroyed, the moderates will take over once again, the party will once again work for the greater good and will regain its popularity and electoral success.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:46 AM

12,638 posts, read 9,016,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Ironically, Obama is saving the Republicans. Obama has taken on the tea party faction and succeeded in painting it as an extremist faction and turning popular opinion against it. Even the wealthy benefactors that created and sustained the teas are turning away. With the right wing influence destroyed, the moderates will take over once again, the party will once again work for the greater good and will regain its popularity and electoral success.
Obama is the great savior of everything, isn't he?

My God you people are delusional.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:55 AM

12,264 posts, read 6,540,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
what is a statist ? and when you define, it please use a real definition, not something you mad up.
I believe it`s something that glenn beck taught them and they`ve also been taught not to ask difficult questions. Get with the program!

Old 10-16-2013, 10:08 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,934,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Obama is the great savior of everything, isn't he?
Oh, you're just pouting because your savior, the Late, Great Raphael Cruz, has fallen off his holy perch. It's okay, you can admit that you feel let down that your Messiah failed to deliver you to the promised land.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:34 PM

29,269 posts, read 22,637,813 times
I'm sure the Republican party will survive.
I'm also sure the tea party will not.

And I doubt very much that any 3rd party will ever arise to replace the Republicans. Such a party would have to be a completely different alternative to both the Democratic and Republican parties to succeed, as it would have to draw very substantial numbers of committed voters from both to ever be strong enough to overwhelm the Republican party.

Old 10-17-2013, 04:48 PM

7,632 posts, read 6,181,189 times
Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh are disgusting, plain and simple. Either of them as leaders would be a recipe for failure.

I would support Mitch McConnell, Rand Paul, although as I mentioned before they cannot both run together as Pres/VP. (Again, if you do not know why, please turn your computer off now. )

I would vote for a republican IF the right one came along, someone who is conservative but level headed, not one of these right wing wackos

I do not openly endorse the GOP.
I also like Jesse Ventura, his no-nonsense get things done personna is much needed amongst the spoiled children of Washington. But I know realistically he would not be elected.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:57 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,896,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
They need to cut off the diseased limb that is the tea party and let it wither and die on its own accord.
Uhmmmm...me thinks the main part of the party is diseased and the fiscally conservative (read..we don't want to be Greece II) should take over and kick Aston Martin.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:59 AM

13,732 posts, read 9,104,284 times
I also believe that the GOP will survive.

I well recall, in 1974 when Nixon resigned, the various editorials and such speculating that the GOP was doomed. Of course, Ronald Reagan came along and lifted it back up and re-focused the party. It shall be done again.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:02 AM

12,638 posts, read 9,016,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lerner View Post
Well, hmm. I guess you kind of have to respect him for continuing to post here under that username, rather than just making a new one. Sort of like the respect I'd have for the guy with a tinfoil hat on the street corner preaching that the end of the world is coming, even in the middle of a rainstorm.

Edit:

And here I was thinking the cake already had icing.
Yet another post that has ZERO to do with the thread topic, or what I posted about the thread topic. All the left can do is engage in personal attacks and smears. They have no capacity to have substantive discussions about real issues.

Can't say I'm surprised. You guys take your orders from the top, and the person at the top has skill at only a few things, one of which is smearing anyone who disagrees with him. You're just imitating your boss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections