Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 08:55 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,776,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
What is that supposed to mean? You want to take time to explain instead of just a bold, but meaningless statement?
It means the patients will be running the asylum in 2016.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 12:50 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,338,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
The 2016 GOP primary will make the 2012 primary seem rational and thought provoking.
Quote:
What is that supposed to mean? You want to take time to explain instead of just a bold, but meaningless statement?
I don't mean to speak for another, but to me it means the 2012 GOP candidates were nothing but a parade of clowns. What a joke.

There are all kinds of legitimate reasons to be dissatisfied with the Obama administration...he should have been defeatable. I am no fan of Democrats.

But in the entire Republican Party they couldn't find anyone more serious to run in 2012 than wackadoo jokers like Rick Perry, Rick Santorum, Michelle Bachmann, Herman Cain, Newt Gingrich and Romney/Ryan?

Every time one of them opened their mouths, the collective IQ of the nation dropped.

Old 06-29-2013, 02:04 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
I don't mean to speak for another, but to me it means the 2012 GOP candidates were nothing but a parade of clowns. What a joke.

There are all kinds of legitimate reasons to be dissatisfied with the Obama administration...he should have been defeatable. I am no fan of Democrats.

But in the entire Republican Party they couldn't find anyone more serious to run in 2012 than wackadoo jokers like Rick Perry, Rick Santorum, Michelle Bachmann, Herman Cain, Newt Gingrich and Romney/Ryan?

Every time one of them opened their mouths, the collective IQ of the nation dropped.
I have to agree with you about the 2012 choices, but what other possible candidates were there at the time. I do disagree with you about the future: I see several good, possible, young Republicans just waiting to pounce. I do not see a really good Democrat in waiting, not right now. 2 years from now, maybe.

Old 06-29-2013, 06:02 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,338,397 times
Quote:
I have to agree with you about the 2012 choices, but what other possible candidates were there at the time. I do disagree with you about the future: I see several good, possible, young Republicans just waiting to pounce. I do not see a really good Democrat in waiting, not right now. 2 years from now, maybe.
It makes absolutely no difference to the nation as a whole or to you or me or anyone else as private citizens whether or not the POTUS is a Dem or Repub or whether there is a D or R majority in Congress.

Party affiliation is nothing but a smokescreen--something promulgated by Washington to rile up useful idiots and get them mired in an "us vs. them / dem vs. repub" pool of BS.

Politicians are irrelevant.

The Dems and Repubs at the national level are every one bought, sold and owned by special interests. They have sold you you, me, We The People and our national interests to the highest bidders...multinational CEOs, global bankers, heads of international energy concerns, defense contractors, lobbyists, etc.

Anyone who thinks the answer to our country's troubles is a Dem or a Repub, or that one party is preferable to another, or that the blame for the sea of crapola we are wading through is with one party or another is a mypoic, deluded imbecile and is part of the problem.

Partisan hack hypocritical nonsense helps no one and accomplishes less than nothing.

No reasonable person should ever vote for a dem or repub for any national office ever.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:09 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
Oh please sweet Jeebus let the 2016 GOP primaries be another clown show...oh please please sweet Jeebus. LOL

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/art...nclick_check=1
Trump is just a sideshow, and anyone taking him seriously enough to even post a thread about him has just been sucked in.

In 2011 Trump was railing about Obama being the worst prez, or some such thing. But just a few months prior he had donated $50,000 to Rahm Emanuel's campaign for Chicago mayor. Yes, the same Rahm that had just come off a stint as Obama's Chief of Staff, right after he made $10 million as an "investment banker, despite lacking a degree in business, finance, or economics.
Trump donated $50,000 to Rahm Emanuel's mayoral bid - Illinois Review

Presumably Trump had some business interests in Chicago that he felt a need to protect. He's got a long history of rent seeking behavior. Anyone who considers him a serious factor in presidential politics is, as Al Gore might put it, extra-chromosomal.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:38 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Donald trump is seen mostly has a new York wise guys type by much of the country. Not take seriously at all ;really. He really just seem to love the limelight than a serious contender.

Old 06-30-2013, 01:34 AM

744 posts, read 1,092,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Trump is just a sideshow, and anyone taking him seriously enough to even post a thread about him has just been sucked in.

In 2011 Trump was railing about Obama being the worst prez, or some such thing. But just a few months prior he had donated $50,000 to Rahm Emanuel's campaign for Chicago mayor. Yes, the same Rahm that had just come off a stint as Obama's Chief of Staff, right after he made $10 million as an "investment banker, despite lacking a degree in business, finance, or economics.
Trump donated $50,000 to Rahm Emanuel's mayoral bid - Illinois Review

Presumably Trump had some business interests in Chicago that he felt a need to protect. He's got a long history of rent seeking behavior. Anyone who considers him a serious factor in presidential politics is, as Al Gore might put it, extra-chromosomal.

Donald Trump immediately jumped to the top of the clown show in 2012's GOP primary when he announced he was considering a presidential run, according to Rasmussen and Gallup polling, so your conclusion is most Republican voters have an extra chromosome. I agree with your assessment.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:23 AM

910 posts, read 1,319,551 times
Quote:

2012 was all about cycling Romney out of the system. Obama wasn't beatable despite what all the pundits said. The rest of the field was there on book tours.

Old 06-30-2013, 05:05 AM

Quote:
It makes absolutely no difference to the nation as a whole or to you or me or anyone else as private citizens whether or not the POTUS is a Dem or Repub or whether there is a D or R majority in Congress.

Party affiliation is nothing but a smokescreen--something promulgated by Washington to rile up useful idiots and get them mired in an "us vs. them / dem vs. repub" pool of BS.

Politicians are irrelevant.

The Dems and Repubs at the national level are every one bought, sold and owned by special interests. They have sold you you, me, We The People and our national interests to the highest bidders...multinational CEOs, global bankers, heads of international energy concerns, defense contractors, lobbyists, etc.

Anyone who thinks the answer to our country's troubles is a Dem or a Repub, or that one party is preferable to another, or that the blame for the sea of crapola we are wading through is with one party or another is a mypoic, deluded imbecile and is part of the problem.

Partisan hack hypocritical nonsense helps no one and accomplishes less than nothing.

No reasonable person should ever vote for a dem or repub for any national office ever.
so tell, who do you think or should I say what party (if I need to really ask) should we support?

Old 06-30-2013, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Pederman View Post
2012 was all about cycling Romney out of the system. Obama wasn't beatable despite what all the pundits said. The rest of the field was there on book tours.
Not all pundits as you put it, thought he was beatable. It is almost impossible to beat a sitting Pres. Anyone who knows much about politics knows that. This could be the reason so many didn't run, they were not about to look like losers. There was a slight possibility, a candidate with the right personality might have been able to pull it off, but it was doubtful. If it were today, I think things might have been a little different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections