Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 08:05 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Ooh, touchy. You hand-waved her mediocre record as SoS away as being mostly irrelevant, so I took the liberty of pointing out that she has in fact played another role in shaping foreign policy during the GWB years. I mean, we were talking about her record in government, right?
I was talking about how most Sec of States actually are PR people as much as anything. This goes for both sides and has for years. That is the role a Sec of State plays in todays game. I certainly am not supporting her, but the point period and the original topic was: what % of the black vote would she have gotten? It is really a moot point at this time, she didn't run and she has no intentions of running. She basically doesn't like politics. No, I am not touchy. I just don't like it when anyone, either side spins postings or tries to play with what someone says, by claiming that person said something they did not. There are posters here that do this all the time. You did it when you insinuated I supporter her or suggested she was a good sec...Am I wrong about that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 08:09 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I think that the GOP should have gotten her to run. At minimum, they should have gotten Romney to choose her as VP just to get her feet wet on the whole POTUS election stuff.

The problem is the GOP primaries. The GOP candidate with the best shot at winning the 2012 election was Jon Huntsman and the party more or less completely ignored him. I think the same thing happens to Condi if she ever runs.
First of all, you could be right about Huntsman, but he didn't have the appeal the GOP was looking for and that has to be considered...secondly, what everyone is forgetting: Condi has said, more than once, she doesn't even like politics. You can't force someone to do something they do not want to do. She wouldn't have considered VP either, I don't think. Would she have done better in the primaries than Huntsman? Of course she would have, if nothing else, she had name recognition. He did not. It is awfully hard to win primaries without that.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:29 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,310,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
Which means she would've won the election right, if all the other voting stayed the same?
You assuming that the percentage of White-American, Asian-American, or Hispanic-Americans voters would have remained the same. Thats' not a valid assumption, especially when discussing issues like immigration, same-sex marriage, abortion, and foreign policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections