Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 04:51 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I agree those are bad examples to make comparisons about. Blackwell, Steele and Swann are better comparisons than Love or Cain who was a joke. With that being said I don't think Rice would have done well. For starters she would have had major Primary problems because of her views on gays as well as being pro-choice. Also, she would have had problems with the center during a General due to her involvement in Iraq.
I don't have a clue how she would have done, mainly because 1-she has no interest is politics and 2-regradless of her stands on issues, she doesn't have a politicians personality. As said she is more into academia. Your other issues, don't be so surprised if we see more and more Republicans support some of the controversial social issues. I think, as a base, the GOP is conservative more on fiscal issues and they want the strong defense plus want to bring pride in our country back. You are going to see ore Reagan types running.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 08:40 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,694,677 times
Back in the seventies Bob Dole said this of Nixon (that he will get 30% of the black vote) and Nixon was already president. It shows how much ground the GOP has to cover to get to the point were a person who can get that much of the black vote would even make it through the primaries.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:45 AM

32,818 posts, read 19,511,295 times
I had hoped the the 08 election would have been a hillary- condi battle....would have been a great campaign....

guarenteed a woman would have one, and quite possibly a black woman at that

but the sexist liberals pushed hillary down in favor of a man....and condi chose not to run

Old 06-04-2013, 08:49 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,245,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Maybe just what we need for a change...
We have an academic in office now.

So no, not really.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
We have an academic in office now.

So no, not really.
Condi is and was more interested in academia than politics. Yes, Obama might have been considered an academic but that is still a bit questionable. He didn't spend a good part of his adult like as a full professor.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:24 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,502,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
Which means she would've won the election right, if all the other voting stayed the same?
I doubt she would have attracted that percentage of the African-American/Black vote. Some percentage, for sure. But so would have Herman Cain. Rice would have attracted fewer white Republican votes than Romney in the General Election, however.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
I doubt she would have attracted that percentage of the African-American/Black vote. Some percentage, for sure. But so would have Herman Cain. Rice would have attracted fewer white Republican votes than Romney in the General Election, however.
I think you are wrong: I think the white GOP would have been thrilled to see her run, but I guess we will never know, will we...We could debate this forever, no one can give us a clear answer. It is all speculation.

Old 06-04-2013, 12:06 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,590,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Condi would of never survived a GOP primary. She is pro-choice, pro amnesty and supports gay civil unions at the national level. She would be considered the most moderate of moderate Republicans. She would make a heck of a President though.
Only in America could a total failure, the worst sec of State in history be considered as "A heck of a President". The woman wss touted as the "Russia expert" and she never had the first clue about Russia. She missed the signs of the fall of the USSR completely!!!!! She messed up relations with Russia over Georgia so bad they have never recovered. For goodness sakes she presided over the war in Iraq. That alone should disqualify a person for any position anywhere at any time.

You Americans never cease to amaze me. Even in seeking the highest offices of the land you are famous for being famous. No matter how many times it comes back to bite you in the azz you never learn. I always think of Trickey Dick in this regard. Americans elected the guy as POTUS even though everyone knew full well the guy was as crooked as a dog's hind leg. Do you have a shortage of persons qualified or something? It's just amazing in it's stupidity.

Last edited by lucknow; 06-04-2013 at 12:22 PM..

Old 06-04-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Only in America could a total failure, the worst sec of State in history be considered as "A heck of a President". The woman wsa touted as the "Russia expert" and she never had the first clue about Russia. She missed the signs of the fall of the USSR completely!!!!! She messed up relations with Russia over Georgia so bad they have never recovered. For goodness sakes she presided over the war in Iraq. That alone should disqualify a person for any position anywhere at any time.

You Americans never cease to amaze me. Even in seeking the highest offices of the land you are famous for being famous. No matter how many times it comes back to bite you in the azz you never learn. I always think of Trickey Dick in this regard. Americans elected the guy as POTUS even though everyone knew full well the guy was as crooked as a dog's hind leg. Do you have a shortage of persons qualified or something? It's just amazing in it's stupidity.
boy you haven't changed a bit: you don't live in our country but you love to tell us how we should think and what is wrong with America and the American people: I am glad, not everyone in Canada shares your views. Some actually think we are pretty smart.

Old 06-04-2013, 12:21 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,590,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
boy you haven't changed a bit: you don't live in our country but you love to tell us how we should think and what is wrong with America and the American people: I am glad, not everyone in Canada shares your views. Some actually think we are pretty smart.
Oh, there's lots of brilliant Americans!!!! Condi Rice just isn't one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections