Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 05:54 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,915,882 times

Advertisements

Candy Crowley & Obama had the Benghazi answer planned, IT WAS A SET UP! SHAME on you Candy Crowley!

If it was a set up, Romney must have been in on it too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
The word "PROCEED" gave it away.....

The skepticism over Crowley being aware of Obama's one time brief utterance of the phrase "acts of terror" (regardless of the context in which he used it) is reasonable.

However, another part of the debate dialogue is what jumped out at me afterward. I don't have this word for word, but.. As Romney began to set up his argument/accusation, he turned to the President to get him to affirm for the record what he (Romney) had just said. Obama's reply was.... "proceed".

And the look in Obama's eyes, was so arrogant, like he knew he was safe...

This came off to me as... "yes, WE have a trap waiting for you Mitt, but you need to creep a little closer before it can be sprung... please, by all means... proceed."

Obama can redirect with the best of them. Even without a teleprompter, he could have instead ad libbed a better response than the submissive"PROCEED".

A classic approach in debating is using your opponents words against them. If someone is obviously setting you up by using your own words, and then asks you to affirm that, typically the response is a defensive explanation that expands upon the original point being made against you. The typical reaction or response is not "PROCEED".

If this is true and Romney was that gullible to walk into the trap, Romney is too naive to be president!

Old 10-22-2012, 06:16 PM

42 posts, read 37,362 times
Romney was not gullible, he was facing a brick wall with the disgraceful moderator Candy lying having to admit she was wrong. Her lie stunned Romney who if it was Obama would have been speechless too worst with his many ah...ah..... It just proves how pro Obama the media is and proves that Romney is much more honest that Obama who has a nose sticking to the moon.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanahano View Post
Romney was not gullible, he was facing a brick wall with the disgraceful moderator Candy lying having to admit she was wrong. Her lie stunned Romney who if it was Obama would have been speechless too worst with his many ah...ah..... It just proves how pro Obama the media is and proves that Romney is much more honest that Obama who has a nose sticking to the moon.

Romney cannot handle the stress of the presidency. Your post underscores this fact.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:28 PM

42 posts, read 37,362 times
Nah, I meant that anyone would have been shocked by a moderator that lies and my post had nothing to do with him not being able to handle the stress in the presidency. My point was the pro Obama moderator was shockingly horrible shocking Romney who came well prepared and was telling the truth but the moderator amazingly tells a lie with the pro Obama ABC and NBC News scandalously saying Obama said that it was a terrorist attack when he blamed it on a YouTube video.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:24 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,601,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
Loved the look on Romney's face when he realized he'd made a fool of himself. He looked like he wanted to punch somebody. That's the real Romney.
Yes, that man has changed his story so many times it is apparent he will put on any face to earn a vote, and it IS sad how many have fallen for this demon. The granny disguise will fall away soon enough, and the wolf inside will be evident -- especially if he gets in the Whitehouse and has real power to play with.

Sometimes I feel so sorry for Republicans. It must be so awful to be so deluded.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:46 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,082,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Sometimes I feel so sorry for Republicans. It must be so awful to be so deluded.
I'm sure you do. Meanwhile there are no deluded Democrats, voting based on social issue and scare tactics rather than the fact that the economy is still awful and what we have is not working.

I feel sorry for those who think they are so intelligent and open-minded, yet close their minds, eat up propaganda and paint with a broad brush.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:49 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,082,493 times
The moderator from last night, being an actual competent moderator, made Candy look even worse now in hindsight.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:13 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,441,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
If Obama KNEW it was a terrorist attack then why did he talk about that lame tape for 14 days? Now that is beyond stupid. That would be worse in my view to keep trying to attach it to a video and the guy who made it. You know they did arrest him and he is still in jail. Where is free speech rights anymore----oh that's right we have none under Obama.

Because at the time they thought it was both.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:29 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,228,108 times
Thumbs up Thanks, nicely said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
The moderator from last night, being an actual competent moderator, made Candy look even worse now in hindsight.

Thank you, yes I agree with you, it was like night & day!

Candy Crowley should be FIRED!! She is not Moderator material & she is way too biased!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections