Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 02:20 PM

28,343 posts, read 16,416,786 times

Advertisements

From the article:

"...An old-time political hand in D.C., whom I know and who has advised and worked on many campaigns, is utterly convinced that the exchange was a setup of Romney by the Obama campaign and Crowley..."

Oh! So the author "knows a guy" who has been involved in politics for a while and that guy is convinced it was a set-up? Well, case closed!

Taken from the White House press release transcript of that speech:

"...As Americans, let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases, lay down their lives for it. Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe.

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done..."

The facts are pretty clear on this one. Sorry, it didn't go Mitt's way on this count. The President obviously called it an act of terror, suck it up and move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 02:21 PM

4,095 posts, read 5,552,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Why did Candy crowley later amdit Romney was correct?
Not the same statement. He was correct about 14 days until Obama equated it to the video. He called it an act of terror the same day.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:24 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,207,087 times
Arrow "PROCEED" the word & the look on Obamas face was the dead give away!! It was all planned!

The word "PROCEED" gave it away.....

The skepticism over Crowley being aware of Obama's one time brief utterance of the phrase "acts of terror" (regardless of the context in which he used it) is reasonable.

However, another part of the debate dialogue is what jumped out at me afterward. I don't have this word for word, but.. As Romney began to set up his argument/accusation, he turned to the President to get him to affirm for the record what he (Romney) had just said. Obama's reply was.... "proceed".

And the look in Obama's eyes, was so arrogant, like he knew he was safe...

This came off to me as... "yes, WE have a trap waiting for you Mitt, but you need to creep a little closer before it can be sprung... please, by all means... proceed."

Obama can redirect with the best of them. Even without a teleprompter, he could have instead ad libbed a better response than the submissive"PROCEED".

A classic approach in debating is using your opponents words against them. If someone is obviously setting you up by using your own words, and then asks you to affirm that, typically the response is a defensive explanation that expands upon the original point being made against you. The typical reaction or response is not "PROCEED".

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
This is disgusting! Please click on the link, its a great article.

The Obama-Crowley Set-Up - By John Yoo - The Corner - National Review Online

Did the Obama campaign prep Candy Crowley?

Looking back at the debate, one thing I've heard mentioned is:

How did Candy Crowley know Obama's exact words from his Rose Garden speech?

Obama used the parsed words "Act of terror" in that speech. He later repeats that sentence during the debate.

Romney, thinking he caught Obama in an obvious lie, pounces.

But Crowley immediately comes to Obama's defense.

Reporter or not, how did she recall his exact wording?

Finally, people are beginning to realize something very dirty was taking place

here:The Obama-Crowley Set-Up - By John Yoo - The Corner - National Review Online

Also, I think it is all very odd, how Candy Crowley, just happens to have a copy of the transcript handy,
something that took place on Sept. 11/12???

Really?? Really??

Hey, and this is not about her being over weight, or having had plastic surgery on her face or any other physical attribute, this is about honesty, ethics, professional ethics.

I know they are hard to come by in our liberal dominated media, but this takes the cake!!!!

SHAME ON YOU CANDY CROWLEY, YOU ARE NOT A JOURNALIST,

and you definitely are NOT Moderator material!!!!!

Last edited by countrylv22; 10-22-2012 at 02:29 PM.. Reason: I am done with CNN! What a disgrace!! We need HONEST Journalists, not BIASED, corrupt "talking heads" :(

Old 10-22-2012, 02:27 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,791,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Exactly and after the debate I saw her interviewed on CNN, and she said Obama was looking at her like "You know." How would Obama know what she knew or that she had the transcript?
I don't necessarily think it was planned. I think Obama's campaign realized he said "act of terror" in reference to 9/11/01 in the Rose Garden, and that the mention might help him wiggle out of the coverup in some people's mind. So his campaign gave Crowley a copy of the transcript, highlighting what he said. Then when Obama said those exact words in the debate, and Romney called him out, she jumped in.
She later said Romney was right.
I don't think she colluded as much as she was used by the Obama campaign. I do think she has a responsibility to come forward and explain exactly why she had that transcript and why she knew Obama was looking at her for help.
But with a new debate tonight, I don't see that happening. I had been watching CNN for debate coverage up until that event. But I won't watch CNN again until they put forward the info on why she had that exact transcript.
Are moderators allowed to meet with those that work for Obama and Romney to pre-plan or be provided with documents?

Old 10-22-2012, 02:27 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,237,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
Not the same statement. He was correct about 14 days until Obama equated it to the video. He called it an act of terror the same day.
No he said no act of terror will go unpunished he never said it was an act of terror and for 14 days blamed it on a film

Old 10-22-2012, 02:31 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,791,794 times
Quote:
The word "PROCEED" gave it away.....

The skepticism over Crowley being aware of Obama's one time brief utterance of the phrase "acts of terror" (regardless of the context in which he used it) is reasonable.

However, another part of the debate dialogue is what jumped out at me afterward. I don't have this word for word, but.. As Romney began to set up his argument/accusation, he turned to the President to get him to affirm for the record what he (Romney) had just said. Obama's reply was.... "proceed".

And the look in Obama's eyes, was so arrogant, like he knew he was safe...

This came off to me as... "yes, WE have a trap waiting for you Mitt, but you need to creep a little closer before it can be sprung... please, by all means... proceed."

Obama can redirect with the best of them. Even without a teleprompter, he could have instead ad libbed a better response than the submissive"PROCEED".

A classic approach in debating is using your opponents words against them. If someone is obviously setting you up by using your own words, and then asks you to affirm that, typically the response is a defensive explanation that expands upon the original point being made against you. The typical reaction or response is not "PROCEED".
Totally agree with you because after Obama said "proceed" Romney stumbled on his words - caught off guard or realized that a stink bomb was about to be dropped on him?

Old 10-22-2012, 02:33 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,207,087 times
Thumbs up Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tiger View Post
All of the "jounalists" of today are just stooges of the Dems....Candy had something worked with Obama. No other way she could have known the exact word. All 3 debates moderators (Dem operatives) have given the Dem more time....of course it hasn't worked but they keep trying.

Thank you, I agree!

I am done with watching CNN! They are all the same! It is so sad!

Candy Crowley should be FIRED! But, then again Wolf B. said "Great job"

Old 10-22-2012, 02:34 PM

28,343 posts, read 16,416,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
No he said no act of terror will go unpunished he never said it was an act of terror and for 14 days blamed it on a film

Please read the transcript. He talked about "acts of terror" in a speech given to directly address the attack in Benghazi. It's pretty damn obvious to anyone with an ounce of sense he was including the Benghazi attack in that characterization.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:37 PM

4,095 posts, read 5,552,782 times
Quote:
Thank you, I agree!

I am done with watching CNN! They are all the same! It is so sad!

Candy Crowley should be FIRED! But, then again Wolf B. said "Great job"
Yea, it's best you stick with Fox. They'll say exactly what you want to hear.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:37 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,237,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Please read the transcript. He talked about "acts of terror" in a speech given to directly address the attack in Benghazi. It's pretty damn obvious to anyone with an ounce of sense he was including the Benghazi attack in that characterization.
I read it he never . It took him 14 days to admit it was not a riot caused by a film. He blamed it ona film and might have meant the riot blamed on the film caused this act of terror, took him 14 days to admit it was a terrorist attack
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections