Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 12:13 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,186,103 times

Advertisements

Does it make you a little nervous for the future of your party that your candidate is losing in the polls to an incumbent with an 8.1% unemployment rate? The GOP might want to consider packing it in and calling it a day if you cannot beat this President. That's analogous to losing a football game in which you were favored by two touchdowns. Pretty sad that Romney is having so much trouble.

The Dems had a similar fate in 2000, when Al Gore lost despite Clinton's outstanding economy. Of course, there was the whole chad counting scandal and all... but still, that election should have never been close.

Anyway, your candidate really needs to step up his game. It's rather pathetic if he loses, honestly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 12:17 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,049,844 times
Nope. I am embarrassed of our media and hollywood though. The truth of the matter is that Obama getting endorsed daily by the media and Hollywood, he should be up 20 points. It is the media who decide the narrative. The narrative they chose to push is its not Obama's fault and gee, those others guys are worse. Its nonsense.

Romney could run a perfect campaign, and while that would help his number a little more, it still would not compete with having the media and Hollywood telling people how great Obama is and how it is someone elses fault and not his.

Old 09-17-2012, 12:21 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,232,523 times
I am embarrassed for America that it has become such a stupid country that it cannot recognize the fact that it is being fed propaganda by the media....

Old 09-17-2012, 12:23 PM

89,315 posts, read 45,042,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
I am embarrassed for America that it has become such a stupid country that it cannot recognize the fact that it is being fed propaganda by the media....
^ That.

But then again, a LARGE percentage of the population is a product of the public education system. That explains A LOT.

Old 09-17-2012, 12:23 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,047,521 times
The only poll that matters comes in November. The MSM can put out all the nonsense weighted polls they want. None of it matters. They are trying the old it's not even worth voting because Obama won just like they tried to do when Kerry was running on election day. Same pathetic playbook.

Old 09-17-2012, 12:24 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,951,873 times
I am embarrassed at both POTUS options. These are our best candidates? Seriously?

Old 09-17-2012, 12:25 PM
J24

448 posts, read 864,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
This is what I'm way more embarrassed for. You should be too. It's got nothing to do with Romney. It's people still thinking Obama is their savior.

89,315 posts, read 45,042,699 times
Would YOU want the job?

3,345 posts, read 3,080,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Does it make you a little nervous for the future of your party that your candidate is losing in the polls to an incumbent with an 8.1% unemployment rate? The GOP might want to consider packing it in and calling it a day if you cannot beat this President. That's analogous to losing a football game in which you were favored by two touchdowns. Pretty sad that Romney is having so much trouble.

The Dems had a similar fate in 2000, when Al Gore lost despite Clinton's outstanding economy. Of course, there was the whole chad counting scandal and all... but still, that election should have never been close.

Anyway, your candidate really needs to step up his game. It's rather pathetic if he loses, honestly.
That shows how powerful the state owned and run media is..... also the power of lies

Romney is not really a good candidate, but Obama is bad too

10,545 posts, read 13,605,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Does it make you a little nervous for the future of your party that your candidate is losing in the polls to an incumbent with an 8.1% unemployment rate?
I don't care about either party - dislike both - but this makes me nervous for the future of my country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections