Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 05:01 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,092,051 times

Advertisements

Somebody made a comment that Romney would be better for all americans. Do you conservatives really believe that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 05:07 PM

13,732 posts, read 9,098,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Somebody made a comment that Romney would be better for all americans. Do you conservatives really believe that?
My, you seem to be quite active today in creating threads.

Anyway, first, we must determine who the 'somebody' was. Was it a bartender? Someone on an elevator? You?

Plus, I would think that most Republicans would consider that Mr. Romney (the presumptive Republican nominee) would indeed be 'better' for all "Americans" (note the capital A), than President Obama. Or are you suggesting that Republican posters herein toss out names, like Ron Paul or even Mr. Trump, whom they would consider "better" for all Americans?

Old 07-18-2012, 05:17 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,575,343 times
Considering who they would be running against, my 13 year-old dog (that has been dead for the last six years), would be a better choice, and more qualified, for President than Obama.

Old 07-18-2012, 05:20 PM

32,266 posts, read 35,085,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Considering who they would be running against, my 13 year-old dog (that has been dead for the last six years), would be a better choice, and more qualified, for President than Obama.
This is the truth. I hate Obamacare. If juvenile diabetes bankrupts America, then so be it. The right solution is NOT to step in and tax people. I don't understand why taxes are constitutional in the first place.

Old 07-18-2012, 05:24 PM

I really hate the fact that I have less freedom under Obama than I had four years ago. If I don't want healthcare, then THAT'S MY CHOICE. Do NOT tax me to pay for somebody else's healthcare. In fact, do NOT tax me for ANYTHING. Did I ask for military protection? No! So I don't want to be taxed for it. We should all be able to opt out of funding the military if we don't wanna.

Old 07-18-2012, 05:26 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,575,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
This is the truth. I hate Obamacare. If juvenile diabetes bankrupts America, then so be it. The right solution is NOT to step in and tax people. I don't understand why taxes are constitutional in the first place.
Article I, Section 8, Clause 1 of the US Constitution gives Congress the power to levy taxes for the purpose of national defense and/or the general welfare.

Old 07-18-2012, 05:28 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,942,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Who knows? What we do know is that Obama is rock bottom so he couldn't be any worse.

Old 07-18-2012, 05:31 PM

35,308 posts, read 52,651,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I really hate the fact that I have less freedom under Obama than I had four years ago. If I don't want healthcare, then THAT'S MY CHOICE. Do NOT tax me to pay for somebody else's healthcare. In fact, do NOT tax me for ANYTHING. Did I ask for military protection? No! So I don't want to be taxed for it. We should all be able to opt out of funding the military if we don't wanna.
Well the USA wont be dropping taxes anytime soon no matter whose in power so it would probably be more logical to move to a place where there are no taxes, heres your choices =
Andorra
Bahamas
Brunei
Kuwait
Maldives
Monaco
Nauru
Oman
Qatar
United Arab Emirates
Vanuatu[LEFT]

[/LEFT]

Old 07-18-2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Article I, Section 8, Clause 1 of the US Constitution gives Congress the power to levy taxes for the purpose of national defense and/or the general welfare.
Maybe we should reconsider Section 8, Clause 1 then. Paying taxes is one of the most egregious violations of personal liberty. I mean, I may tolerate some taxes (paying for sewage, for example), but I don't see how paying for other people not to be sick helps me. Like I said, if America goes broke from astronomical healthcare costs, then so be it. The market will fix it.

Old 07-18-2012, 05:36 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,601,336 times
If you are a lazy,welfare fraud commiting ghetto thug,no it won't be better. He will probably actually go back to enforcing Welfare reform.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections