Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2012, 11:33 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,136,126 times

Advertisements

The Hope And The Change - Official Movie Trailer - YouTube

Quote:
Every voice in the film is a 2008 Obama voter. There is not a single Republican, tea partier, libertarian or professional talking-head among the interviewees, Bannon said.

“We were able to check their registration, their voting records, it was a very thorough process of getting [the film subjects],” said Bannon.

Bannon stressed that all the comments and reactions were unscripted.

With haunting music and the hour-long film begins with the Obama voters explaining their jubilation and hopes for the future when Obama was elected:

“I couldn’t help but cry.”
“I felt we needed a change.”
“I felt the energy and belief that we will do even better.”
“The change was going to be better jobs better income.”
“I was thinking this was it, we were going to have a better life”

Read more: Citizens United highlights the disenchanted Obama voter | The Daily Caller
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 11:43 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,061,702 times
Nope, and ready for change.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:47 AM

371 posts, read 443,300 times
Speaking of drones... I have been disappointed by Obama's use of drones, especially against US citizens in foreign nations.

I'm also disappointed that he didn't push harder to get his healthcare bill passed (as opposed to the bastardized thing that we ended up with). Still, If I have to choose the lesser of two evils, I will be voting against Romney.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:48 AM

These are the types of voters I respect a bit. They arent drones, like the usual ones you see in these forums who would back Obama no matter what. The people on the video are honest and are willing to admit they were duped. They bought into bs, and now they are angry about it, and rightfully so.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13JERM View Post
Speaking of drones... I have been disappointed by Obama's use of drones, especially against US citizens in foreign nations.

I'm also disappointed that he didn't push harder to get his healthcare bill passed (as opposed to the bastardized thing that we ended up with). Still, If I have to choose the lesser of two evils, I will be voting against Romney.
Yeah, because Obama is doing wonders for that biggest needs of our country right now.....

Free will, right? But dont be upset, if he wins out and the economy continues to struggle or even goes backwards more. No plan or idea of his is capable of returning confidence to the economy or country. You cant name one. This country needs change, and it needs it fast. 4 more of Obama, will be 4 more of the same or worse. You can only blame yourself if he wins and it goes as many of us predict.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:55 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,421,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Nope, and ready for change.
Ready for change

Old 08-23-2012, 12:02 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,951,090 times
Awesome video.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:07 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,922,559 times
Real change would be Ron Paul.

Obama-Romney = a continuation of big government cronyism. Statism is statism any way the deck is loaded.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:12 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,490,387 times
As opposed to voting FOR Romney, I say that I'm voting AGAINST Obama.

The net result is that Romney gets my vote.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:26 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,211,931 times
Trailer: “The Hope and the Change” « Hot Air
Quote:
Hannity’s apparently devoting his show tomorrow night to introducing the film but it’ll premier formally at the convention next week “with a planned introduction by one of the convention’s star speakers.” Newsweek doesn’t know who yet and wonders if it’ll be Christie. Could be, but if anything might get Palin to change her mind and make an appearance in Tampa, this is it. Steve Bannon also directed “The Undefeated,” remember, and nothing would launch “The Hope and the Change” quite like a surprise intro from Sarahcuda. Worth keeping an eye on.
I'm amused, to say the least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections