Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 10:01 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
For lack of a better choice, and in the hope that the welfare brigade will be stopped in its' tracks, this time around, I plan on voting for Romney and the other cold heartless republican bastard.
Yep, cold heartless bastards are better than brainless bleeding hearts who do not understand subsidizing sloth destroys individuals and eventually a nation. I pick heartless over brainless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2012, 10:03 AM

371 posts, read 443,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Only law enforcement can arrest anyone and they arrest people only if they have committed a crime so wth are you talking about?
Watch the videos. What crimes did these people commit? Why did Ryan have law enforcement standing by to arrest these people?

Old 08-12-2012, 10:06 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Yep, cold heartless bastards are better than brainless bleeding hearts who do not understand subsidizing sloth destroys individuals and eventually a nation. I pick heartless over brainless.
I am so in agreement. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. If we don't get a viable 3rd party in this country soon, it will be over.

Definition of insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:09 AM

2,023 posts, read 5,312,708 times
Some estimates put the number of people's lives in danger of dying as high as 50 million as a result of Paul Ryan's savage austerity against the poor and elderly.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:16 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,909,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Ryan realizes like most Republicans "and" Democrats that SS and Medicare will have to change in it's present form to remain solvent in the future. Democrats however like to demonize the right like they want to end it altogether when that simply isn't true.

The changes would only affect those 55 and younger and they aren't even on these programs yet. Those who are already on it are being brainwashed by the left that they are going to be affected by it and lose their benefits. That's how low the Democrats are stooping to vilify the right on this issue. They won't step up to the plate and tell the truth nor will they admit that they are lying for votes right now. They know as I said just like the Republicans that those programs will have to change in the "future" but afterall it is an election year and Obama and the Dems are scrambling for votes so truth be damned, right?
Exactly. The problem is many who live in places like PA truly believe their money is squirreled away in some bag in the basement of the Dept. of the Treasury. I visit PA and I see both the Democrat scare advertisements and talk to these same people, so I know what I'm talking about.

Oh, and before you attack me, I am about to go on the same deal, so don't even go there, as I have a stake in this too!

These people better wake up from the FDR / Democrat ponzi scheme dream known as Social Security because one way or another it is going to cave in and it will get ugly if we don't do something about it. Here is a similar conversation I had with someone just like this guy:

Quote:
Me: “Most of our debt in the future comes from our entitlement programs.”
Senior citizen: “Hey, (Garbled; Ryan continues to speak). I paid into that for 50 years, my unemployment and my Social Security and my Medicare, and now you’re gonna…”
Me: “Whatever money you THINK you put into SS has been spent by the Democrats and Obama 16 trillion dollars ago. There's NOTHING now. NOTHING. Do you understand what it means to have a deficit?”

Old 08-12-2012, 10:17 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,687,625 times
i wish i was rich so i could help pay for old/poor/less fortune people's medical bills this makes me sad

Old 08-12-2012, 10:19 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73-79 ford fan View Post
Some estimates put the number of people's lives in danger of dying as high as 50 million as a result of Paul Ryan's savage austerity against the poor and elderly.
Obama is doing the same thing demanding that DHS ignore the crimes being committed daily by illegal aliens and passing another amnesty at a time when Americans are unemployed and falling into poverty daily:

Illegal alien crime wave - Google Search

https://www.city-data.com/forum/illeg...come-here.html

http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26

Old 08-12-2012, 10:21 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Dying of what ? Old age maybe ?

The austerity has to come whether you like it or not. Going on 4 years of "spend and hope" isn't working.
Cutting taxes while spending more is the Greek solution of ignoring the incoming headlights.

We turn to the Fed Reserve to bail us out like the Euro countries turn to the IMF.
It cannot go on indefinitely.

Ryan at least proposed a reform package that offers a 10 year transition to a new program.
It's a start and can be debated and modifed as it would have to go through Congress, although many here seem to think it's a done deal and will be signed and put into execution on 1/21/2013 if Romney is elected.

What has Obama proposed for reform ? NOTHING. What he's done is CUT funding.
And you have $500 billion in medicare cuts passed in Obamacare. What are the estimates of "lives in danger" from those cuts which are not proposals but reality ?

All you Dems are up in arms about a proposal yet you're silent on the $500 billion cut to medicare that starts 1/1/2013 ?

Old 08-12-2012, 10:22 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,880,812 times
Quote:
I bet those are your estimates, because there is no truth to it. Totally ridiculous ..!
I'm poor and old, and I want Ryan's plan to save us from obama and his corruption...

Old 08-12-2012, 10:23 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Yeah. Sweden and Germany are such failures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections