Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2012, 08:17 PM

1,403 posts, read 938,828 times

Advertisements

Ron Paul Won Early Primaries, Mathematicians Find. Election Judge Threatened for Calling Fraud

No...never the RNC would never do such a thing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 02:58 PM

Surprised this didn't get any reaction or replies.

Old 07-26-2012, 03:01 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,470,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancap View Post
Surprised this didn't get any reaction or replies.
I think there were several threads about it already back during the primaries themselves. Everyone knows the primaries were rigged. As soon as Paul started winning in a state for some reason huge counties where he was expected to do well were disenfranchised and those votes weren't counted. Some of the fraud made it to the news after the fact but a lot of it didn't.

Old 07-26-2012, 03:03 PM

Ah. Wish there was something more we could do to remedy this but I guess the lawsuit is the last chance we have at getting any fairness from this whole thing.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:23 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,470,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancap View Post
Ah. Wish there was something more we could do to remedy this but I guess the lawsuit is the last chance we have at getting any fairness from this whole thing.
I think we just have to see what unfolds. Many are predicting a very unusual and exciting RNC. It is really up to the delegates and Ron Paul has MANY more than what the media has said. Also I think the campaign has something up their sleeves that they aren't going to divulge for obvious reasons. I think if the delegates have anything to say about it whoever is nominated will be nominated fair and square. I don't think they'd tolerate doing it any other way.......and it may not be Romney (hopefully for us and the country).

Old 07-27-2012, 12:06 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,940,983 times
Unfortunately, these lawsuits can drag on and then be sealed. Happens all too often. Yeah it's pretty undeniable given all the documentation. People just need to document and stay on top of it. Can't forget or let it go. The machine rigging is incredibly easy. The fact that people tolerate it is the amazing part.

Old 07-27-2012, 12:10 AM

29,220 posts, read 22,404,249 times
I'm not denying the possibility that there may have been some massive voting irregularities in the primaries. It's even possible that some deliberate rigging happened.
But at this point, a re-do is impossible; there's no time left for that. I sincerely hope that the investigations into the charges I've read here will continue until definite answers are found one way or the other.

To do so will require a lot of commitment and a lot of money and a lot of dedication to resolve the charges and questions, and I seriously doubt any of that will come from the government. At most, a House or Senate committee may be formed to do some preliminary investigation, but I doubt even that will happen. I think it will take the full and continuing commitment from the Paulistas, for several years, to ever fully resolve the matter.

It could happen if the Occupy movement joined in, possibly, as some of their agenda closely matches the Paulistas'. A coalition of those groups would require a lot of social toleration and a lot of getting together for a common purpose, probably too much for either right now, but stranger bedfellows have happened before. But if it was to happen, I think the Libertarians and many Independents could join at some point, and the 4 could be a very potent political force if that was to come about.

Old 07-27-2012, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I'm not denying the possibility that there may have been some massive voting irregularities in the primaries. It's even possible that some deliberate rigging happened.
But at this point, a re-do is impossible; there's no time left for that. I sincerely hope that the investigations into the charges I've read here will continue until definite answers are found one way or the other.

To do so will require a lot of commitment and a lot of money and a lot of dedication to resolve the charges and questions, and I seriously doubt any of that will come from the government. At most, a House or Senate committee may be formed to do some preliminary investigation, but I doubt even that will happen. I think it will take the full and continuing commitment from the Paulistas, for several years, to ever fully resolve the matter.

It could happen if the Occupy movement joined in, possibly, as some of their agenda closely matches the Paulistas'. A coalition of those groups would require a lot of social toleration and a lot of getting together for a common purpose, probably too much for either right now, but stranger bedfellows have happened before. But if it was to happen, I think the Libertarians and many Independents could join at some point, and the 4 could be a very potent political force if that was to come about.
Unfortunately, we still have cases from the 2004 election on going. You can only do what you can. I can't imagine an election redo ever happening, but it's never too late if needed.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:08 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post

As I have often mentoined we are still registered in NM even though we have moved and re-registered here. There will always be slip ups, yes, some fraund, etc but for the most part it affects every candidate, not just Paul as the Paul followers would like us to think. It is time we all get on with life. Heck, we can go back and remember 1960: who really should have been our elected Pres? How about 2000? And those are just a few of the many elections that were dileberately interferred with or perhaps accidentally. It happens. We have the best system in the world, but perfect it is not and Paul would still not have gotten the votes to win the nomination.

Nita

Old 07-27-2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
As I have often mentoined we are still registered in NM even though we have moved and re-registered here. There will always be slip ups, yes, some fraund, etc but for the most part it affects every candidate, not just Paul as the Paul followers would like us to think. It is time we all get on with life. Heck, we can go back and remember 1960: who really should have been our elected Pres? How about 2000? And those are just a few of the many elections that were dileberately interferred with or perhaps accidentally. It happens. We have the best system in the world, but perfect it is not and Paul would still not have gotten the votes to win the nomination.

Nita
If you looked at one of the documents containing data from may different tallies in various states you would see it isn't just Paul that was effected. However, everybody else appears to have dropped out.

Our system is much worse since HAVA than it ever was. It's a cake walk to game and experts and witnesses have testified that it is indeed "gamed".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections