Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 09:19 AM

32,114 posts, read 34,747,185 times

Advertisements

And that's good for America. This is why so many people in the industry are supporting Romney.

Quote:
"Wall Street has taken some of the blame for the financial crisis," said Viveca Novak of the Center for Responsive Politics. "The result of that has been increased oversight and regulation -- two things that are never popular."
Wall Street ditches Obama, backs Romney - May. 29, 2012

When will this doofus learn that Wall Street needs LESS regulation, not more. I'm so glad Romney is running for office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 10:33 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
And that's good for America. This is why so many people in the industry are supporting Romney.

Wall Street ditches Obama, backs Romney - May. 29, 2012

When will this doofus learn that Wall Street needs LESS regulation, not more. I'm so glad Romney is running for office.
Since you obviously have detailed knowledge of the regulations governing Wall Street, perhaps you could inform us of, say, ten specific regulations that you believe should be struck down or made less onerous for Wall Street, with a brief explanation of how said regulation has hampered Wall Street to date.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:44 AM

2,836 posts, read 3,497,250 times
Industry - what industry? That is what's wrong with the economy. We need to get back to an economy that is based on making things rather than making deals. That's why this country needs Obama, and not a corporate raider like Romney.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:47 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,210,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
Industry - what industry? That is what's wrong with the economy. We need to get back to an economy that is based on making things rather than making deals. That's why this country needs Obama, and not a corporate raider like Romney.
I see you get all of your information on Romney from Obama campaign TV ads. What factual evidence do you have that Romney has caused harm to the economy through work at Bain?

And are you seriously claiming that Obama has helped economic growth?

Old 07-19-2012, 10:56 AM

2,491 posts, read 2,681,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Since you obviously have detailed knowledge of the regulations governing Wall Street, perhaps you could inform us of, say, ten specific regulations that you believe should be struck down or made less onerous for Wall Street, with a brief explanation of how said regulation has hampered Wall Street to date.

I will bet that you never get a real reply from the OP. "Less regulation" is just a faux news talking point.
Funny that after the Wall Street meltdown and bailout by taxpayers, the right wants LESS regulation.

Also an odd election cycle for the Republicans to nominate a true "1%er"
I would think the Tea Party and other low information voters would maybe be offended by a corporate raider, with wall street connections that made his fortune outscourcing their jobs.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:57 AM

Let us keep on topic. The OP is, no doubt, even now preparing his or her response to my question concerning which onerous Wall Street regulations he or she would like to see reversed.

I will note that of the 398 regulations mandated by Dodd-Frank, to date only 120 regulations have been enacted (it takes a while to write regulations, which includes getting public comments, and giving lobbiests time to collect and dispense of their cash offerings).

Anyway, I am wondering which of the implemented regulations the OP is thinking about. No doubt something to do with oversea derivative trading, or liquidity rules for banks and investment firms, etc.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:03 AM

32,114 posts, read 34,747,185 times
Take Oblama administration's approach towards market makers and locate requirements, for example. Market makers need expemptions from locate requirements because they are the ones providing liquidity to the markets after all. Once again, Oblama is running the economy into the ground.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
I will bet that you never get a real reply from the OP. "Less regulation" is just a faux news talking point.
Funny that after the Wall Street meltdown and bailout by taxpayers, the right wants LESS regulation.

Also an odd election cycle for the Republicans to nominate a true "1%er"
I would think the Tea Party and other low information voters would maybe be offended by a corporate raider, with wall street connections that made his fortune outscourcing their jobs.
Why, I actually take offense on the OP's behalf!

You are surely not suggesting that a person came to this board, created a new thread, took the trouble of 'linking' to an article, make a declaration that 'less regulations' would benefit Wall Street (and hence the country!), all without being unable to name at least one regulation said poster wants gone? That said poster was 'talking through his hat', as the old saying is?

No, sir. When a person goes to that kind of trouble, you can bet that they know exactly what they are talking about.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Take Oblama administration's approach towards market makers and locate requirements, for example. Market makers need expemptions from locate requirements because they are the ones providing liquidity to the markets after all. Once again, Oblama is running the economy into the ground.

Ah! An answer. It is a bit difficult to read, but that is my fault, no doubt. Reading about technical matters such as regulations concerning Wall Street (whether derived from Dodd-Frank, or some older regulation) makes my head swirl. I shall translate it into Spanish, then back into English, and see how my understanding increases.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:06 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Of course Romney is the better candidate for Wall Street! Shoot, Romney is the better candidate for North Devon Ln. Peoria ILL too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections