Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 10:05 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,702,901 times

Advertisements

Why do you liberals care more about what Romney does with his money than what the government does with yours?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 10:47 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,875,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Why do you liberals care more about what Romney does with his money than what the government does with yours?
I don't know about the Libs, but I am tired of risking needing a wheel alignment because of poor road maintenance. The Govt uses money to do the maintenance, some of the Pols move their money offshore so they don't have to have their contribution go towards such "useless" things like roads and HC for the peons.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:03 AM

46,326 posts, read 27,157,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I don't know about the Libs, but I am tired of risking needing a wheel alignment because of poor road maintenance. The Govt uses money to do the maintenance, some of the Pols move their money offshore so they don't have to have their contribution go towards such "useless" things like roads and HC for the peons.
Well, Romeny does pay taxes on his off shore accounts, or we would not know about all these secret accounts......

Now, before Romney was ever involved, did you care about your roads?

Old 07-08-2012, 11:12 AM

26,579 posts, read 14,474,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
They, the people tell tell us he had such high grade GPA.. how do you know?
he graduated magna c*m laude from harvard.

Quote:
I hold about as much relevance to Obamas grades, as I do Romneys bank account.
agreed.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I think it's the "2nd derivative of the birther group" that wants the grades.....
the birther quest for obama's grades came from the belief that he attended occidental as a foreign (indonesian) student (some claim under the name "barry soetoro"). this myth has it's roots in an april fool's day prank from 2009.

snopes.com: Obama's Occidental College Records / Meet the Soetoros

Old 07-08-2012, 12:39 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,524,773 times
Nothing from snopes is to be taken as gospel seeing as thought the couple that runs the site are committed leftists.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Nothing from snopes is to be taken as gospel seeing as thought the couple that runs the site are committed leftists.
all the points made in this article are backed with links to source information.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:28 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,824,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Biggest factor in building the balance so high: fabulous investments.

Personally, I'm more concerned that President Obama could flush half a BILLION dollars of OUR money down the toilet on crony campaign contributor company Solyndra (and brag about it) than with the fact that Bain employees including Romney were able to make wonderful investments with THEIR OWN money inside their IRA accounts.
"Wonderful" investments? More like "insider" investments. People like Mitt Romney and Warren Buffet get the deals they do because they are investing with huge initial amounts, and they have all kinds of information that YOU don't. This hero-worship of the rich is super sad.

Solyndra was a fiasco. Fair enough. If you don't like Obama because of it, fair enough. But you should have better reasons to vote for Romney than his experience running a company like Bain and making hundreds of millions of dollars taking away pensions and benefits and jobs from working Americans.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:37 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,524,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
"Wonderful" investments? More like "insider" investments. People like Mitt Romney and Warren Buffet get the deals they do because they are investing with huge initial amounts, and they have all kinds of information that YOU don't. This hero-worship of the rich is super sad.

Solyndra was a fiasco. Fair enough. If you don't like Obama because of it, fair enough. But you should have better reasons to vote for Romney than his experience running a company like Bain and making hundreds of millions of dollars taking away pensions and benefits and jobs from working Americans.
Lying about Bain. Again. The real facts don't interest you though, do they? Just spew the lies often enough and hope they stick. How sad the left has become.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:40 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,824,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Lying about Bain. Again. The real facts don't interest you though, do they? Just spew the lies often enough and hope they stick. How sad the left has become.
Prove me wrong. Read the Vanity Fair article. I'm not "the left," I'm a human being.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections