Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 09:43 AM

798 posts, read 1,041,662 times

Advertisements

Found this article this morning. The Romney camp's line on Arizona (Updated) - POLITICO.com

Now some of you may say that Politico is not to be trusted and that is fine. The main thing I want to concentrate on is the actual responses to the questions.

It seems that Romney does not have a clean-cut position on what happened in the Supreme Court yesterday concerning Arizona. This only adds to his track record of seeming to have no clear position on many subjects.

My question is, to those that might or plan to vote for him, do you expect him to do more of the same in office? What if he does?

From what I have read around the Internet, it seems that anti-Obamites complain about the current president, but do not explain why the challenger is a better option, other than "Obama sucks." So please, don't write about what's wrong with Obama. I see enough of that already.

I'm on the fence for November. So give good reasons why I should vote for Willard, a guy with no opinions -- not reasons why I should vote against Obama. This article does not give me hope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 10:14 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,976,460 times
Given the premise of the thread, I am already disqualified from participating considering that I see more "logic" from Siri than I see from either Gorka or Romney himself on issues. But that also makes him qualified to be on the republican ticket.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:34 AM

1,182 posts, read 1,145,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySwelly View Post
Found this article this morning. The Romney camp's line on Arizona (Updated) - POLITICO.com

Now some of you may say that Politico is not to be trusted and that is fine. The main thing I want to concentrate on is the actual responses to the questions.

It seems that Romney does not have a clean-cut position on what happened in the Supreme Court yesterday concerning Arizona. This only adds to his track record of seeming to have no clear position on many subjects.

My question is, to those that might or plan to vote for him, do you expect him to do more of the same in office? What if he does?

From what I have read around the Internet, it seems that anti-Obamites complain about the current president, but do not explain why the challenger is a better option, other than "Obama sucks." So please, don't write about what's wrong with Obama. I see enough of that already.

I'm on the fence for November. So give good reasons why I should vote for Willard, a guy with no opinions -- not reasons why I should vote against Obama. This article does not give me hope.
Romney does not take clear positions on ANYTHING. He sticks his finger in the wind and, whichever way it is blowing, that is where he goes. He is not a leader. A leader leads people in the direction he wants to take them. Romney and Obama both go whereever the polls say they should go. Both of them are jokes as far as real leadership goes.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:35 AM

68,425 posts, read 54,853,565 times
Hey, give him time to conduct a few polls, correct for windage, and adjust to where he happens to be and he possibly, maybe, might have a close to firm opinion in a few weeks.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:40 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,174,265 times
Quote:

The only reason Republicans are going to vote for Romney is because he's not Obama. They hate Obama and he must go in there opinion.

P.S. I can't wait for the debates because Obama is going to eat this no answer cardboard cutout of a politician alive...

Old 06-26-2012, 10:41 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,242,967 times
Romney should not give in to the radical left who insist that he state his position on the issues. Instead, he should wait until the debates where he can and will provide a clear contrast to Barack Obama. There's absolutely no reason to show his hand 4 months out from the election, only to have Obama twist and contort his message to argue Romney's position.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:42 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,487,910 times
Default What do you think about Romney's response?

Just what I'd expect from an empty suit.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:43 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,242,967 times
Also.....

1) Your use of "Willard" to recognize Mitt Romney shows your liberal bias. You get your "news" from MSNBC, the only "news" outlet who consistently refers to Mitt as "Willard." No need to front..... we already know who you're voting for if your choice of news commentary is the boatload of idiots at MSNBC.

2) Politico is a reputable news source. Those who are in the know have no problem with this publication.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:48 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,398,549 times
Quote:
You call him Willard and then say you're on the fence? Yeah, okay.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:49 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,395,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Romney should not give in to the radical left who insist that he state his position on the issues. Instead, he should wait until the debates where he can and will provide a clear contrast to Barack Obama. There's absolutely no reason to show his hand 4 months out from the election, only to have Obama twist and contort his message to argue Romney's position.
I so agree with you on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections