Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 12:23 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,875,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
It doesn't take an expert to figure out that Romney is keeping a distance from this HOT issue in order not to alienate any faction of voters any more than he has to.. NOTHING new in the political realm. Every politician does this from time to time.
and I think it is a pretty smart move. We have 4 months and a couple of debates plus 2 conventions before the election. Anything he says now can be taken out of context, turned around or can back him into a corner. Now if he doesn't answer any questions directly prior to Nov that would be a different story. He will, his advisors will help him. Romney is no dummy!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 12:30 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,590,031 times
Default What do you think about Romney's response?

Romney's NON-response is completely in line with his campaign plan.

He's purposely being very evasive about specifics of "his" policies. Because they aren't "his" policies. He'll be another neocon puppet if he wins. And he'll be Dubya all over again. With less personality and slightly more intellect.

His handlers have decided to try to make the campaign solely about Obama not cleaning up Bush's mess fast enough.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:31 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,173,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Yes, that's exactly what i'm saying. There are ways to invoke certain positions without actually stating specifics. That's nothing new in politics, and that's precisely the direction Romney will go until the debates.
So you believe the millions of voters sitting on the fence, thirsting for something of substance from Romney should be held in suspense until then? Are you serious? This is the worst strategic play to make. The news media is already crying about his lack of position on immigration. They would rip him a part. He needs to stand firm on issues instead of trying to pander to everyone. He has no courage to lead with conviction.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:34 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,683,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Romney should not give in to the radical left who insist that he state his position on the issues. Instead, he should wait until the debates where he can and will provide a clear contrast to Barack Obama. There's absolutely no reason to show his hand 4 months out from the election, only to have Obama twist and contort his message to argue Romney's position.
Yeah, no reason to actually take a position on any issue or issue a platform. Do you really believe this hogwash?

Old 06-26-2012, 12:35 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,585,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Romney will provide answers in due time and then the lefties will look even more ridiculous than they already do.
Romney should provide answers now. There is a reason why he is called an empty suit, flip-flopper, or etch-a-sketch..

Old 06-26-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Well if I were one of "you guys" I would be embarrassed to say I voted for or would vote again for obama. And how about carter? And while Clinton was not all bad, he certainly wasn't stellar. Ever heard of living in glass houses?

Romney will provide answers in due time
and then the lefties will look even more ridiculous than they already do.
I won't hold my breath.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:41 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,173,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yeah, no reason to actually take a position on any issue or issue a platform. Do you really believe this hogwash?
The is really sad and goes to show you that these republicans have reduced themselves to hiding from the issues.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:47 PM

50,398 posts, read 64,106,567 times
I cannot speak to whatever Romney said with regard to the Arizona ruling yet.
However, I just went to the Romney website today, and I thought it was laid out in a thorough and organized way.
You want to know what he thinks about any given subject, and what he intends to do about it? Just click on it and read.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:53 PM

798 posts, read 1,036,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
However, I just went to the Romney website today, and I thought it was laid out in a thorough and organized way.
You want to know what he thinks about any given subject, and what he intends to do about it? Just click on it and read.
This is the suggestion I was looking for. Why I couldn't think of it myself, I don't know.

You seem very level-headed and informed. Why others cannot be like you, and not resort to insults, idk. Anyway, thank you.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Is his itinerary on there? He will be near me tonight, but it's for one of those mega-monied fundraisers ($50,000 a plate). Is he going to have any events for actual typical middle-class Americans? I promised that I would go see him speak even though he hasn't done or said much to make me want to vote for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections