Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 09:06 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,473,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
At some point, its best to ignore the troll. He'll be here for the next month talking the same babbling nonsense, and then after the count in Tampa, never to be heard froma gain.
At this point, I find it more entertaining than annoying. At some point, though, I may put him on my ignore list - just as you did (and he would be the only poster on my ignore list as well).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 09:08 PM

473 posts, read 400,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born to Run View Post
A lot of people will be talking at the convention in Tampa...
Quote:
At some point, its best to ignore the troll. He'll be here for the next month talking the same babbling nonsense, and then after the count in Tampa, never to be heard froma gain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
At this point, I find it more entertaining than annoying. At some point, though, I may put him on my ignore list.

MSM LIES: ROMNEY DID NOT WIN THE GOP NOMINATION - YouTube

Old 05-29-2012, 09:09 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,690,557 times
Quote:
I hope you'll be one of them. I'm planning to be there, and I wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to hear you speak.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:16 PM

15,537 posts, read 10,518,276 times
Quote:
I voted for Leppert. I knew he wouldn't win, but I wasn't about to vote for Perry-backed Dewhurst or Palin/Tea Party-backed Cruz. I'll vote for Dewhurst in the runoff.

Regardless, I don't think we can blame the runoff on Leppert. Dewhurst would have gotten 50% if the Tea Party hadn't been pushing Cruz so much, regardless of Leppert. The Texas Senate primary became their next main target after the Indiana Senate primary.
I'm just mad at Leppert because I think he used my city (Dallas). Couldn't vote for Cruz because he was born in Canada (j/k).

Old 05-29-2012, 09:19 PM

22,196 posts, read 19,481,704 times
Quote:
As an Obama supporter, I would love to see utter chaos in Tamps, however its not going to happen.

Now if you wanted to get super technical you could argue he isn't quite at the 1144 yet. He has about 130 or so unpledged delegates which is a mix of the caucus delegates and RNC member delegates (Paul is never going to get those establishment delegates anyway, but that is beside the point).

At the end of tonight Romney will have about 1,040 or so pledged deleagtes, so even if you count these unpledged delegates that are a mix of the caucus and RNC member delegates for Paul, with Romney at 1,040 or so pledged its impossible for him not to win.

With the unpledged delegates he has the 1144, without them and just going by the pledged he is around 1040 or so after tonight.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:23 PM

473 posts, read 400,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
As an Obama supporter, I would love to see utter chaos in Tamps, however its not going to happen.

Now if you wanted to get super technical you could argue he isn't quite at the 1144 yet. He has about 130 or so unpledged delegates which is a mix of the caucus delegates and RNC member delegates (Paul is never going to get those establishment delegates anyway, but that is beside the point).

At the end of tonight Romney will have about 1,040 or so pledged deleagtes, so even if you count these unpledged delegates that are a mix of the caucus and RNC member delegates for Paul, with Romney at 1,040 or so pledged its impossible for him not to win.

With the unpledged delegates he has the 1144, without them and just going by the pledged he is around 1040 or so after tonight.
Romney is nowhere near that... before tonight's Texas primary...

Romney - 591 delegates
Ron Paul - 186 delegates

Delegates TBD at state conventions - 1297

The Texas delegates will be counted at the state convention on June 7-9

http://www.texasgop.org/

Old 05-29-2012, 11:21 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
Quote:

If we're lucky!

Old 05-29-2012, 11:31 PM

8,607 posts, read 14,908,526 times
One of the best things to come out of today's primary is an overwhelming majority of folks sending a message to blowhard and legend in his own mind Craig James that he's not as popular as he thinks he is.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:30 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Not sure what numbers your looking at, but its not 2-1 as far as Romney vs Obama is concerned.
Current count
Obama 516K
Romney 992K

Thats pretty much a 2-1 margin.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:15 AM

13,697 posts, read 9,021,495 times
Quote:
At this point, I find it more entertaining than annoying. At some point, though, I may put him on my ignore list - just as you did (and he would be the only poster on my ignore list as well).
I agree. I find it instructive that said poster joined in March, for the sole purpose of bleating that Mr. Paul is going to be the Republican nominee, all credible evidence to the contrary.

I guess that said poster is a relative of Mr. Paul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections