Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 12:41 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,404,024 times

Advertisements

Why do I feel like I am having more fun with the GOP primary then GOPers are?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...vention-chaos/

Basically in Iowa Ron Paul supporters showed up on mass and demanded to be seated as delegates for delegate seats they had not won (in violation of state law). I find it hillarious that the "liberty" candidate's people are trying to have a coup and override the will of the voters. After all why bother respecting election results when you have "liberty".

Either way it is fun to watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 12:45 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,183,347 times
I knew this was going to happen. I feel like they have been intentionally mislead in all of this. I am not sure why the Paul campaign or whoever mislead them would do this though. It makes no sense to me. Was it just to cause anarchy?

Old 03-16-2012, 12:53 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,688,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...vention-chaos/

Basically in Iowa Ron Paul supporters showed up on mass and demanded to be seated as delegates for delegate seats they had not won (in violation of state law). I find it hillarious that the "liberty" candidate's people are trying to have a coup and override the will of the voters. After all why bother respecting election results when you have "liberty".

I tell you what how about we realize the IOWA vote was not BINDING VOTES! While we are at it find the 8 counties missing you might find Ron Paul won IOWA after all.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:04 PM

840 posts, read 782,454 times
Yawn. Crying and moaning as usual. We RP supporters follow the same rules as the others we are just better organized. The campaign knew from the beginning that the GOP was not going to allow Paul to win a state and this was the plan...

Old 03-16-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPON View Post
Yawn. Crying and moaning as usual. We RP supporters follow the same rules as the others we are just better organized. The campaign knew from the beginning that the GOP was not going to allow Paul to win a state and this was the plan...
Did you read the part of the article where it said RP supporter were not seated? It is y'all who are doing the crying and moaning.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
I tell you what how about we realize the IOWA vote was not BINDING VOTES! While we are at it find the 8 counties missing you might find Ron Paul won IOWA after all.
First off it was not 8 counties it was 8 precincts. 4 of which were in Santorum country and 4 of which were in a county tied between Paul and Romney.

Again read the article and you will see that for precinct delegates the vote was indeed binding. Paul Supports just wanted to change the rules after the fact and they were voted down.

With that said by all means continue. I enjoy the frustration and discord the Paul supporter are causing in the GOP.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:11 PM

840 posts, read 782,454 times
Quote:
Did you read the part of the article where it said RP supporter were not seated? It is y'all who are doing the crying and moaning.
ok. Not gonna argue with you. I already said what I needed to say. If the GOP would stop with the games and election fraud there would be no need for this. Either way in the end what Ron Paul started will win out.

Old 03-18-2012, 11:14 AM

37,958 posts, read 17,900,247 times
Quote:

Ron Paul Supporters Cause County Convention Chaos - ABC News

Not as much fun as others have laughing at your ignorance. You should learn how candidates are elected. It is by delegates not mob rule.

Robert's Rules of Order were violated. Have a look see what those are about. Maybe you'll learn something.

"I was there from 7 to 7. All 12 hours. I helped do set up in the room, putting the seat ID on each chair. Carrying items from place to place as needed and other such tasks. I served on the Platform committee. I did NOT caucus for Ron Paul and continue to support Newt Gingrich. This was my 13th consecutive convention. I have been a central committee member, county delegate and have attended every state convention since 1988. 24 years without ever seeing this much nonsense, including the floor fights back in the day when many members of the GOP did not wish to support being prolife.
This entire "problem" was blown out of proportion by nothing other than a lack of leadership.
Speaking directly of the one single person in these videos and of that one single proof, here is how you handle it if you are a leader.
First the facts: He IS a member of the County Committee, and as such you should, if you value your title, be respectful and mindful of that fact. By that I mean, while he may have no standing at convention, he and others sure will in a few weeks and every month thereafter in committee. No need to p*ss on an electric fence for spite.
His precinct was also NOT represented to "DISTRICT". And was VACANT. So here you had a person who believed, though mistakenly, he should have been able to be seated to county, was being completely passed over for DISTRICT.
This is where our leadership is either incompetent or out right lying. There is NOT "state law" regarding delegates to District or State. As is evidenced by "exhibit A" the "slate" of "at large delegates" who are simply the VIPs and "workers" such as rules committee chairman etc, who may not be able to be in their seats to get elected, these folks are just slated.
That is they are hand picked by the chairman and BY RULE automatically elected to be a delegate.
That motion was MADE by a lawful delegate, to suspend the rule 15 which appointed that slate and ADD names to it, in this one case, to add the name of the person from that precinct who did show up willing to participate and is a member of the county committee.
I myself, pointed out to the chairman, from the floor, recognized at the microphone, down in front of the whole convention, and was dismissed without the valid motion being even accepted as we were told that "nothing could be done this is state law".
That is a lie. There were MANY things which could be done. And ANY ONE of them, would have taken less than 8 minutes total.
Motion, 15 seconds
Second 5 seconds
Debate 6 minutes (max by rule 3 for 3 against)
Call Question 5 seconds
Vote for 2/3 standing vote 1 minute.
The end.
So why did it take HOURS? Why was it back and forth and back and forth and dozens of people looking at rules? Meetings, side meetings, disruptions and run all the way into the afternoon?
COMPLETE INCOMPETENCE.
PERIOD.
To make this story about ANYTHING ELSE is a myth. But, seeing the replies, I guess it makes for good web hits for the ad buys. Sensationalism.
The speed of the leader, determines the speed of the pack.
In this case, I will surely be supportive of a no confidence vote on the 27th of March.

another comment

"Party Leadership who so egregiously violated the normal Rules of Order should be removed for cause
PS while I respect the Ron Paul supporters and Dr Paul and they respect me they also know I support someone else for the nomination"

Old 03-18-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Not as much fun as others have laughing at your ignorance. You should learn how candidates are elected. It is by delegates not mob rule.

Robert's Rules of Order were violated. Have a look see what those are about. Maybe you'll learn something.

"I was there from 7 to 7. All 12 hours. I helped do set up in the room, putting the seat ID on each chair. Carrying items from place to place as needed and other such tasks. I served on the Platform committee. I did NOT caucus for Ron Paul and continue to support Newt Gingrich. This was my 13th consecutive convention. I have been a central committee member, county delegate and have attended every state convention since 1988. 24 years without ever seeing this much nonsense, including the floor fights back in the day when many members of the GOP did not wish to support being prolife.
This entire "problem" was blown out of proportion by nothing other than a lack of leadership.
Speaking directly of the one single person in these videos and of that one single proof, here is how you handle it if you are a leader.
First the facts: He IS a member of the County Committee, and as such you should, if you value your title, be respectful and mindful of that fact. By that I mean, while he may have no standing at convention, he and others sure will in a few weeks and every month thereafter in committee. No need to p*ss on an electric fence for spite.
His precinct was also NOT represented to "DISTRICT". And was VACANT. So here you had a person who believed, though mistakenly, he should have been able to be seated to county, was being completely passed over for DISTRICT.
This is where our leadership is either incompetent or out right lying. There is NOT "state law" regarding delegates to District or State. As is evidenced by "exhibit A" the "slate" of "at large delegates" who are simply the VIPs and "workers" such as rules committee chairman etc, who may not be able to be in their seats to get elected, these folks are just slated.
That is they are hand picked by the chairman and BY RULE automatically elected to be a delegate.
That motion was MADE by a lawful delegate, to suspend the rule 15 which appointed that slate and ADD names to it, in this one case, to add the name of the person from that precinct who did show up willing to participate and is a member of the county committee.
I myself, pointed out to the chairman, from the floor, recognized at the microphone, down in front of the whole convention, and was dismissed without the valid motion being even accepted as we were told that "nothing could be done this is state law".
That is a lie. There were MANY things which could be done. And ANY ONE of them, would have taken less than 8 minutes total.
Motion, 15 seconds
Second 5 seconds
Debate 6 minutes (max by rule 3 for 3 against)
Call Question 5 seconds
Vote for 2/3 standing vote 1 minute.
The end.
So why did it take HOURS? Why was it back and forth and back and forth and dozens of people looking at rules? Meetings, side meetings, disruptions and run all the way into the afternoon?
COMPLETE INCOMPETENCE.
PERIOD.
To make this story about ANYTHING ELSE is a myth. But, seeing the replies, I guess it makes for good web hits for the ad buys. Sensationalism.
The speed of the leader, determines the speed of the pack.
In this case, I will surely be supportive of a no confidence vote on the 27th of March.

another comment

"Party Leadership who so egregiously violated the normal Rules of Order should be removed for cause
PS while I respect the Ron Paul supporters and Dr Paul and they respect me they also know I support someone else for the nomination"
Of course you are going to have a long time GOPer try and put a lid on things, but by all means please by all means run Tampa like this. This doesn't at all resemble mob rule.

Mo. caucuses marred by shouting, chaos - YouTube

Old 03-18-2012, 11:30 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,814,948 times
Quote:
Of course you are going to have a long time GOPer try and put a lid on things, but by all means please by all means run Tampa like this. This doesn't at all resemble mob rule.

Mo. caucuses marred by shouting, chaos - YouTube
From the comment section of that video.

Quote:
I was there. The tyranny was shocking. It was a numbing experience seeing how the entire election process is rigged even at the county level. The establishment is pulling every illegal manuver blatently in front of everyone just to keep Ron Paul from having a chance. THAT is what the Ron Paul people were shouting about...they had every right to.

MikeyGonebad 49 minutes ago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections