Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 11:11 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,234,088 times

Advertisements

I support Newt but if Romney wins the nomination, I will vote for him. I would vote for a box turtle before I would vote for Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 03:21 PM

9,418 posts, read 14,368,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Ron Paul.

To the other poster's comment on Republicans.

I am not a "Republican". I am a human being and I vote for a human being. I don't subscribe to political tribalism.

I mentioned on another thread that I do not trust the other GOP candidates nor do I trust Obama.
This!

I will write in Ron Paul, expecting Mr Obama to be re-elected. However, I will probably vote for the republican in the one Senatorial seat up for election this year in my state (in my House district the republicans have a monopoly).

After suffering a disaster in the 2001-2010 period due to a lack of balance of power, I think that the Constitutional checks and balances have actually worked quite well over the past 18 months or so and the economy is at least stabilizing on its own. The less those nincompoops do the better, the exact result that the Constitution is designed to achieve.

I would be deeply concerned if Mr Obama were re-elected with the democrats regaining the majority in the House.

I don't expect the republicans to gain a majority in the Senate, it will remain a virtual tie (any combination within the 59-41 range is okay).

I would be equally concerned if the repubodem Romney were elected with any kind of Congressional make-up, he and his cronies could bribe them all in their own interest, just like Mr Bush and his cronies did.

I would only vote for Mr Romney if he fully embraced monetary policy reform and guaranteed appointment of Ron Paul as Secretary of Treasury or Federal Reserve Chairman. Very highly unlikely at this point.

Good Luck!

Old 03-06-2012, 09:53 AM

4,483 posts, read 9,313,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
A obama win could easily mean there would be no country left by 2016.
As could a Romney win, a Gingrich win, or a Santorum win.

In answer to the original question, No.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:05 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,017,470 times
No way in HELL!

Old 03-06-2012, 10:30 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,590,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
Gingrich and Santorum people will vote for Romney. They are folks who are more loyal to the party than to a person.

The question you should ask yourself is - when did these "Gingrich people" and "Santorum people" even started to exist? Pretty recently. None of them are folks who have been following Gingrich or Santorum for years, studying their voting records etc. Before these folks were "Gingrich people" and "Santorum people", they were "Trump people", "Bachmann people", "Perry people", "Cain people" and so on. If the nominee happens to be someone else other than Romney, say Jeb Bush, Chris Christie or Sarah Palin, the "Gingrich people" and "Santorum people" will immediately become "Bush people", "Christie people" or "Palin people". They are pretty malleable. Just give them anyone with an 'R' next to the name.
Great post. I am Ron Paul people. No, I will not vote for Romney or any of the 3 of a kind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections