Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 11:14 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,742,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Well I don't know exactly but I had heard days ago that the party was allowing a 'special caucus' for 'sabbath observant jews' who would be excluded otherwise from voting.If the Ron Paul supporters aren't jewish why are they there?Shouldn't they already have voted?
Just because it was set up with Jewish folk in mind doesn't mean that they get to have a Jew-only caucus. That's not going to fly.

What happened with it all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2012, 11:52 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,437,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Just because it was set up with Jewish folk in mind doesn't mean that they get to have a Jew-only caucus. That's not going to fly.

What happened with it all?
Why can't it fly?An 'only jews for newt' or 'only jews for mitt' or 'only jews for Ron' caucus can't fly,but that isn't the case here it seems.If you are a baptist who already voted for Ron Paul on Saturday you now have a right to crash the special caucus of the group who for religious reasons couldn't?Should they let democrats in too?
Well as I understood it as explained on the radio the other day it did mean they got to have an 'observant jews/seventh day adventist/etc only caucus'.Is that so different than a republican only caucus?Non observant jews and everyone else had all day to go to their caucus.I haven't heard much in the way of facts about what has transpired.

Last edited by imbobbbb; 02-05-2012 at 12:01 AM..

Old 02-05-2012, 01:11 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,766,535 times
Wow, gun control and moon base connoisseurs ... yes i am disappointed, and you deserve to loose everything! You silly freaks! I hope every ***** and drunk and gambler loses everyone one of their rights. I hope they serve time in a secret prison camp, and are tortured ...

Old 02-05-2012, 02:10 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,257,610 times
Another Flip-Flop Romney "victory", another pathetically low GOP voter turnout:

Economic woes, anti-Obama sentiment fail to draw large turnout - Saturday, Feb. 4, 2012 | 10:07 p.m. - Las Vegas Sun

Old 02-05-2012, 02:20 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,742,135 times
Default Newt Gingrich Throws Another Tantrum After a Loss - Can This Guy Lose Gracefully???

Four losses in four states and every single time, Newt Gingrich comes away sounding angry, bitter and whiny. His message is one of "I'll get you for this Romney!" but he never comes off congratulatory or even polite. His idea of a concession speech is bashing and demonizing the winner. I think we've all long since realized this GOP primary season is going to be a dog fight and that the mud is going to fly all over the place. But there is a time to set that aside and offer up a pat on the back and a "job well done" to the man who beat you. Apparently, Gingrich doesn't realize this.

It's reminiscent of his tenure as Speaker of the House quite frankly. Newt built up a reputation for being vindictive, nasty, obnoxious, bullying and for throwing tantrums when he doesn't get his way. Newt is exactly the same man the GOP kicked to the curb in 1998.

On July 11, 1997 Gingrich told Republicans that under no circumstance would he step down. In 1998, commenting on his departure, Gingrich said, "I'm willing to lead but I'm not willing to preside over people who are cannibals. My only fear would be that if I tried to stay, it would just overshadow whoever my successor is."

Gingrich clearly has a very high opinion of himself and likes to BS his way out when he has been told to leave.

Will we ever see Newt Gingrich lose gracefully?? Will the man ever again pick up the phone and call Romney (or whoever else beats him) to congratulate him after he wins a primary?

I'm thinking the answer in both cases is, "No!" but I'm willing to be proven wrong.

Old 02-05-2012, 04:57 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,025,874 times
Don't quite know what Santorum was going on about,
and Gingrich was rambling on and on.... in NV caucus.

The only genuine candidate is Ron Paul.
Disappointed am I

Old 02-05-2012, 05:52 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,204,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I hope every ***** and drunk and gambler loses everyone one of their rights. I hope they serve time in a secret prison camp, and are tortured ...
lol consistent at least

Old 02-05-2012, 05:53 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,196,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
Another Flip-Flop Romney "victory", another pathetically low GOP voter turnout:

Economic woes, anti-Obama sentiment fail to draw large turnout - Saturday, Feb. 4, 2012 | 10:07 p.m. - Las Vegas Sun
That's been a pattern so far, with the exception of SC. I like that they tried to blame it on nice weather instead of the usual bad weather excuse. Sucks they're struggling to get even 10% turnout. That's the kind of turnout you'd expect in an off-year election.

Old 02-05-2012, 06:16 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,257,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
That's been a pattern so far, with the exception of SC. I like that they tried to blame it on nice weather instead of the usual bad weather excuse. Sucks they're struggling to get even 10% turnout. That's the kind of turnout you'd expect in an off-year election.

Yup. Which also explains why Flip-Flop Romney has to stack his fake rallies with Mormons bussed in from Utah.

Old 02-05-2012, 06:21 AM

26,528 posts, read 15,102,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post

Four losses in four states and every single time, Newt Gingrich comes away sounding angry, bitter and whiny. His message is one of "I'll get you for this Romney!" but he never comes off congratulatory or even polite. His idea of a concession speech is bashing and demonizing the winner. I think we've all long since realized this GOP primary season is going to be a dog fight and that the mud is going to fly all over the place. But there is a time to set that aside and offer up a pat on the back and a "job well done" to the man who beat you. Apparently, Gingrich doesn't realize this.

It's reminiscent of his tenure as Speaker of the House quite frankly. Newt built up a reputation for being vindictive, nasty, obnoxious, bullying and for throwing tantrums when he doesn't get his way. Newt is exactly the same man the GOP kicked to the curb in 1998.

On July 11, 1997 Gingrich told Republicans that under no circumstance would he step down. In 1998, commenting on his departure, Gingrich said, "I'm willing to lead but I'm not willing to preside over people who are cannibals. My only fear would be that if I tried to stay, it would just overshadow whoever my successor is."

Gingrich clearly has a very high opinion of himself and likes to BS his way out when he has been told to leave.

Will we ever see Newt Gingrich lose gracefully?? Will the man ever again pick up the phone and call Romney (or whoever else beats him) to congratulate him after he wins a primary?

I'm thinking the answer in both cases is, "No!" but I'm willing to be proven wrong.
I agree with everything you said, but technically he is a loser of 4 of 5 states -- not 4 of 4.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections