Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 09:11 AM

6,760 posts, read 11,673,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
We have family still in Texas and friends as well. The age group ranges from early 20s to mid 70s, not a one is supporting him and they are from ultra conservative to ultra liberal and all religions and walks of life.

Nita
I live in Fort Worth and know several people who support Ron Paul. The other conservatives I know aren't excited about anyone and are hemming and hawing about trying to get behind Romney ONLY because they want Obama to lose, not because they actually want Romney as president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 09:13 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,778,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I didn't say anything was wrong with Ron Paul supporters. The point is that straw polls are not at all representative of the people at large. They're not even representative of an individual political party.

Jim Jones had an enthusiastic following as well, but most people wouldn't have voted for him to be President.

For reference: Jim Jones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
No, but it is a trend.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:04 AM

150 posts, read 299,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Yeah it's all the out of staters that have been sending him to congress for thirty years lol
Wow, pwn'ed.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:08 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,822,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zembonez View Post
HA! Good luck with that. Ron Paul is so washed up that he is like last year's news. I know a lot of people in Texas... and I don't know any Ron Paul supporters.

Then you don't Know me and my friends ...

Old 01-15-2012, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
He's not.
At all ... !

Old 01-15-2012, 10:12 AM

One thing that bothers me is that a group of over a hundred hireling shepherds otherwise known as fundamentalist evangelical leaders from Texas decided to back the Roman Catholic theocracy pimp who wants to kill as many innocent Muslims as he can when he gets elected ... You know, the same lying children of the devil who claim to follow "the prince of peace".

Old 01-15-2012, 10:14 AM

13,732 posts, read 9,098,684 times
Strange. I live in Texas, yet I heard nothing of an upcoming 'straw poll'.

However, I clicked on the link by the OP:

"Results were in Saturday evening for the Saddle Up Texas Straw Poll, with Ron Paul finishing strongly and a weak showing for the state's own governor.

Tea Party groups organized the survey to give conservative voters more of a voice in national politics."

Ah! So it was a 'private' straw poll, by 'Tea Party groups'.

Yes, a surge indeed!

Old 01-16-2012, 11:34 AM

25,231 posts, read 17,032,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Strange. I live in Texas, yet I heard nothing of an upcoming 'straw poll'.

However, I clicked on the link by the OP:

"Results were in Saturday evening for the Saddle Up Texas Straw Poll, with Ron Paul finishing strongly and a weak showing for the state's own governor.

Tea Party groups organized the survey to give conservative voters more of a voice in national politics."

Ah! So it was a 'private' straw poll, by 'Tea Party groups'.

Yes, a surge indeed!
Same here. Must have been a "controlled" straw poll. I do know of two Paul supporters an dboth mouth the same Rhetoric I hear here on a daily basis, (some kinda of mantra from the looks of it) and both get very nasty if you disagree with their new found idol, just like the Cult members here. Thing is the vast majority of those I have spoken to do not back Paul and most of the Repubs I know think the guy is a nut and would never vote for him. Yes, there are some in his District that do back him but overall I seriously doubt that many Texans back Paul for President and since the state will continue to go to the GOP candidate (for now) that means Paul is not going anywhere because he cannot win the GOP nomination.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:31 PM

78,860 posts, read 46,937,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Same here. Must have been a "controlled" straw poll. I do know of two Paul supporters an dboth mouth the same Rhetoric I hear here on a daily basis, (some kinda of mantra from the looks of it) and both get very nasty if you disagree with their new found idol, just like the Cult members here. Thing is the vast majority of those I have spoken to do not back Paul and most of the Repubs I know think the guy is a nut and would never vote for him. Yes, there are some in his District that do back him but overall I seriously doubt that many Texans back Paul for President and since the state will continue to go to the GOP candidate (for now) that means Paul is not going anywhere because he cannot win the GOP nomination.

You get hooked on Ron Paul and you desperately seek more and more, any video you can find from the past, any speeches you missed, anything he said that you haven't heard yet, even though you've heard it a thousand times already in different words. You can't help yourself. The voracious hunger to be able to use your God-given freedom takes you over entirely. It's like you suddenly realize you're human and the Divine Image with which God created you comes alive and catches fire.

But something else happens to you. Once you get hooked on Ron Paul, you can no longer bear to listen to a man who wants power, and you become instantly disgusted when they start saying words. Before, they were just boring. Now they're revolting. Listening to Romney or Gingrich or Bush or Obama makes you sick and you don't know how Ron Paul gets through those debates without getting nauseous. You see a political veneer in these politicians that's so transparent it's like a ghost flapping its ethereal tongue at you. You can't bear it.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:33 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,230,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Yeah it's all the out of staters that have been sending him to congress for thirty years lol
One out the 32 districts in Texas electing members to congress... and it's a small one on the coast.

Yeah. That's all of Texas voting for this nut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Me too. I live in the Heart of Texas.
Ron Paul is the talk of the town, even in rural areas, but mostly in the metro areas.
Good luck trying to get anybody to believe that!

Ron Paul supporters are dreaming if they think he has a snowball's change in a blast furnace of getting elected. Let's talk about it December 1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections