Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 08:15 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,248,397 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 10:16 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,462,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTraveler2011 View Post

Good Thread! You should link this to "Ron Paul 'Surging'" in Elections under Politics.

I will for you.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...l-surging.html

People ought to realize that Gingrich, Santorum and Huntsman aren't even on the ballot in three major states so they are UNELECTABLE. Therefore, don't waste your vote South Carolina! Your choices are Mitt Romney (the status quo candidate for more tyranny) or Ron Paul (the candidate for Peace, Liberty and Prosperity and UPHOLDING the Constitution FOR A FORWARD CHANGE back to the right direction this country USED to be in many decades ago). We can turn it around! Vote Ron Paul.

Remember SC readers, all the Status Quo candidates including Mitt Romney support the Patriot Act and the National Defense Authorization Act where an amendment was recently passed that gives the government unlimited authority to sic the military on American citizens not suspected or accused of ANYTHING and DETAIN THEM INDEFINITELY without the right to call a lawyer let alone have their case heard in a trial by jury.

All they need is a remote association with a "terrorist" the definitions of which include someone who has more than 7 days worth of food in their fridge. This is what our so called "free" country has become. Only 6 Senators voted against this outrageous piece of legislation! Lindsey Graham and Senator McCain helped draft it if I'm not mistaken.

Obama Signs NDAA Martial Law - YouTube

John McCain & Lindsey Graham Justifying The NDAA Bill - YouTube

How Congress is Signing its own Arrest Warrants in the NDAA Citizen Arrest bill | Naomi Wolf

It is time to WAKE UP South Carolina. Most of our elected officials are spineless or opportunists or crooks or all of the above! This could very well be our LAST CHANCE to regain FREEDOM!

Look at this very revealing clip of Mitt Romney dancing around a question by a potential South Carolinian voter about the amendment to the NDAA (the Indefinite Detention of Americans provision). He pretends he doesn't know about the amendment and then proceeds to say why he SUPPORTS the NDAA! OUTRAGEOUS! (The fact that Governor Haley supports him makes me sick to my stomach. After all, it was the Ron Paul supporters that were largely responsible for helping her get elected. Talk about FLIP FLOPPING and being opportunistic and taking advantage just to get elected. Haley should be supporting Ron Paul.

Mitt Romney Pretends He's Clueless About NDAA , Then Warmongers - YouTube

AT least Sen DeMint voted against it. There is HOPE for SC. Sen. DeMint also says (unlike Haley)"Republicans should listen to Ron Paul" http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...n-to-ron-paul-

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...00230#position

The only SC Congressman that voted against it was Duncan. PRETTY SAD!
http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2011/roll932.xml

Last edited by emilybh; 01-12-2012 at 10:42 PM..

Old 01-13-2012, 08:00 AM

1,365 posts, read 2,248,397 times
Awesome post!

Old 01-13-2012, 01:41 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,958,896 times
Sorry, but Ron Paul does not stand a chance getting elected.

Old 01-13-2012, 05:16 PM

3,457 posts, read 3,624,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Sorry, but Ron Paul does not stand a chance getting elected.
In the primaries, sure. But then you have the general election. Romney, Gingrich, Perry, Santorum, all send the GOP into the meat grinder against obama.

Paul or Huntsman could maybe garner enough independents to beat Obama, though.

That's just my two cents.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:58 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,462,675 times
Why are the view tallies and the posts not listed for this thread? Is it being censored in some way?

Old 01-13-2012, 09:06 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,278,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Why are the view tallies and the posts not listed for this thread? Is it being censored in some way?
It shows up for me: 72 views, 5 replies.

Well, 73 and 6, now.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:27 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,950,377 times
I was just reviewing some of the polls cited in Real Clear Politics that Ron Paul is running in 4th place in the up-coming South Carolina GOP primaries.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:39 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,098,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
In the primaries, sure. But then you have the general election. Romney, Gingrich, Perry, Santorum, all send the GOP into the meat grinder against obama.

Paul or Huntsman could maybe garner enough independents to beat Obama, though.

That's just my two cents.
I rarely ever agree with you, Ron Paul can unite people and this is proof

Old 01-14-2012, 01:12 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,971,298 times
Romney is being pushed down our throats by the upper echelon GOP and the media .... plus the democrats want Romney too ... wonder why? There is no difference between Romney and Obama. A debate between Obama and Romney would be a disaster because Mitt's consultants helped design Obamacare on the basis of Romneycare! i just don't think Romney can defeat Obama.

The recent Peggie Hayes fiasco when Romney was a Bishop in his church really troubled me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections