Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 10:29 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,263,615 times

Advertisements

To be fair to Madame Mitt, a CBS national poll yesterday had him above Obama 47-45, a statistical tie, and it was conducted a full week after Romneybot's Iowa victory, but look at these numbers from Bush-Kerry in 2004 in Jan/Feb after Kerry's early primary victories:

RealClear Politics - Polls

Kerry 51 Bush 43
Kerry 53 Bush 46
Kerry 50 Bush 45

So isn't Madame Flip-Flop Mitt due his "Iowa bump" soon? I don't get it. The Romneytards are saying Flip-Flop Romney is the most electable candidate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 10:44 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Most electable doesn't mean electable.

Everyone is familiar with Romney and thoroughly acquainted with his lack of position on anything.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:03 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,920,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Everyone is familiar with Romney and thoroughly acquainted with his lack of position on anything.
Apparently not everyone, since Romney mysteriously keeps winning elections.

Guess representing the class of people which has taken a large share of money from the economy by deconstructing businesses appeals to a lot of Republicans. Also being for gun control while being against it. For immigration control while not doing anything about it under his watch. Being against socialized health care while creating it in his own state (yeah, state mandated care is DIFFERENT than federal, get it? I don't). Guess the majority of Republicans are OK with this.

Quote:
The Romneytards are saying Flip-Flop Romney is the most electable candidate.
LOL Romneytards, good one.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post

Guess representing the class of people which has taken a large share of money from the economy by deconstructing businesses appeals to a lot of Republicans. Also being for gun control while being against it. For immigration control while not doing anything about it under his watch. Being against socialized health care while creating it in his own state (yeah, state mandated care is DIFFERENT than federal, get it? I don't). Guess the majority of Republicans are OK with this.

My prediction is that the RomneyTards will start dredging up old polls.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:25 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,223,066 times
You must have missed this:

Polls: Romney leading Obama, Santorum rising - Yahoo! News

Old 01-10-2012, 11:29 PM

A link from Dec 29? hahaha

BTW, the latest Rasmussen poll is Obama 42 Romney 42. I guess Madame Mitt got a post-Iowa bump of -3, if Republimussen is to be believed.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:29 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,223,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post

Anyone who uses the suffix "tards" as a put down has issues beyond the scope of this discussion forum. It is not something intelligent people say...ever.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:11 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,366,944 times
Romney won't win because he will get an insufficient number of fiscal conservatives showing up at the polls for him. The longer Paul stays in and the bloodier the Romney/Paul matchup gets, the more fiscal conservative votes Romney stands to alienate.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:28 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,246,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post

I went to the actual poll--I don't know where they got the title, because the Rasmussen poll has them tied.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:04 AM

5,389 posts, read 7,267,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Anyone who uses the suffix "tards" as a put down has issues beyond the scope of this discussion forum. It is not something intelligent people say...ever.
Agreed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections