Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 05:54 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,372,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
To me there is a bit of a difference between a bigoted nut that advocates violence coming out and endorsing a candidate, while the campaign rolls their eyes and goes on with their lives, and a bigoted nut that advocates violence coming out and endorsing a candidate and they go to the press shouting "Hey look who endorsed us, it's awesome! This person will get us more votes from our major voting block!"

That's just me though, I guess I am in a minority opinion around true believers.
I am not going to call BS on this story just yet, but I noticed from your link that they say there is a statement from Ivers from the campaign site. I went there found nada, I went to all the Paul sites and found zip, I know how to google looked up Ivers and Rev Kayser and found 3 left websites quoting off each other.

Now lets think in a common sense fashion if possible? If this story had merit and the way the MSM has been reporting on Paul would n't this be splashed all over the place? Hell even Fox would jump on this one. Another point also the quotes they used from the pastor was by phone, now could this be used in a convenient way to spread BS. I say yes.

Lets see how this shakes out. On a personal note if the pastor did make those comments I find them atrocious he is preaching a god of hate instead a god of love. I will stop there before Chielgirl chimes in this belongs in the religous section
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 06:00 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,064,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I am not going to call BS on this story just yet, but I noticed from your link that they say there is a statement from Ivers from the campaign site. I went there found nada, I went to all the Paul sites and found zip, I know how to google looked up Ivers and Rev Kayser and found 3 left websites quoting off each other.

Now lets think in a common sense fashion if possible? If this story had merit and the way the MSM has been reporting on Paul would n't this be splashed all over the place? Hell even Fox would jump on this one. Another point also the quotes they used from the pastor was by phone, now could this be used in a convenient way to spread BS. I say yes.

Lets see how this shakes out. On a personal note if the pastor did make those comments I find them atrocious he is preaching a god of hate instead a god of love. I will stop there before Chielgirl chimes in this belongs in the religous section
Ah, you are right. The original was deleted from Paul's site, I guess after he realized what had happened.

Here is a cached copy of it from Paul's site to enjoy.

Ron Paul Endorsed by Eminent Pastor Rev. Phil Kayser, Ph.D.*|*Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:JXXloeP9fSYJ:www.ronpaul2012.com/2011/12/27/ron-paul-endorsed-by-eminent-pastor-rev-phil-kayser-ph-d/+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us - broken link)

Old 12-28-2011, 06:08 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,961,338 times
Subsound, Paul is firmly against the death penalty. Egg on face much?

Old 12-28-2011, 06:28 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,064,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Subsound, Paul is firmly against the death penalty. Egg on face much?
Actions speak louder then words, and his actions imply that he is lying.

Besides this, you can include the endorsement of Arthur Robinson...who thinks homosexuality causes AIDs and it would go away if we let them die. How about including the endorsement of Chuck Baldwin in 2008 as well (and requested to be his 2012 running mate), who believes people will have to go to war to "take back America" from the UN and anyone who doesn't get it is fair game.

How can you believe some one who verbally champions he is against war and the death penalty, and his actions show a much different story?

It's called an argument by assertion when some one just says things and doesn't prove it is true, especially when a lot of things prove it is not true, and one of the most childish and stupid fallacies of logic to fall for.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:28 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,814,636 times
These smear tactics are getting downright ridiculous.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:40 PM

Quote:

Besides this, you can include the endorsement of Arthur Robinson...who thinks homosexuality causes AIDs and it would go away if we let them die. How about including the endorsement of Chuck Baldwin in 2008 as well (and requested to be his 2012 running mate), who believes people will have to go to war to "take back America" from the UN and anyone who doesn't get it is fair game.

How can you believe some one who verbally champions he is against war and the death penalty, and his actions show a much different story?

It's called an argument by assertion when some one just says things and doesn't prove it is true, especially when a lot of things prove it is not true, and one of the most childish and stupid fallacies of logic to fall for.
Sounds like to me you're trying to cast guilt by association. But, I'm not surprised because most liberals think because one racist, David whatever, calls himself a tea partier, then ALL tea partiers must be racist this is the same bull**** from last year, just tailored for Ron Paul. Is Obama a terrorist because he associates with the former leader of the Weather Underground?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
These smear tactics are getting downright ridiculous.
I'm not surprised at all. The racist smears are not working, and now on FOX, Ron Paul went from being a potential racist to a far-left radical that makes Obama look like a moderate Republican. What's it gonna be? A racist or a far-left hardcore liberal?

Old 12-28-2011, 06:44 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,521,775 times
since when did candidates endorse Pastors?

Old 12-28-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
since when did candidates endorse Pastors?
When Ron Paul made it to the top 2 candidates, of course. This would be a non-story if anyone other than Paul was mentioned

Old 12-28-2011, 06:47 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,335,683 times
Wow, the smear campaign against RP has shifted into high gear lately. At first, he was an unimportant, unelectable fringe candidate. Since that didn't work, they've shifted to the old standby -- call him a racist bigot. Do you think that Obama doesn't have any crazy, bigot supporters? Romney? I mean, come on: How is this news?

Old 12-28-2011, 07:08 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,990,107 times
Quote:
OMGz!11!! Ron Paul executed someone!?1?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections