Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 07:45 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,692,748 times

Advertisements

Well well Ron Paul is WINNING even after Rush and Hannity and Levin try and discredit his history lesson on IRAN, people see Paul is the best choice.

Nothing upsets a neocon more then Ron Paul winning something.

Once Paul gets the word out to people DIRECTLY because the media wont do it they come around to princples and LIBERTY!

Gingrich Collapses in Iowa as Ron Paul Surges to the Front - Politics - The Atlantic Wire
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 07:54 AM

12,688 posts, read 6,756,999 times
What's really interesting to me is this. The best men for the job out of those running I would rank as follows:
1.) Ron Paul -- best by miles
2.) John Huntsman
3.) Mitt Romney

The GOP has massive avoidance issues with all three. Newt was the "is not Romney, is not Ron Paul" flavor of the week, but now he's dropping. Look who the next flavor of the week is:

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - 2012 Republican Presidential Nomination

That's right! Here comes Bachmann!! Why are there so many idiots in the Republican Party?

Old 12-19-2011, 07:59 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,744,347 times
They know Obama is not going to be re-elected... How could he with his record.
So the machine is playing enie-mynee-mo, with those that can be bought.

Bachmann? Really!

Old 12-19-2011, 08:00 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,692,748 times
If Paul is at the top he will move to take out Mitt.
Paul has plenty of ways to show Mitt in bad light and will show his continue flip flopping.
In fact it was Paul's campaign who was running ads against Mitt in Iowa which is why he is going nowhere. Paul will move these ADS to south carolina soon knowing Mitt plans on taking South Carolina and Florida. Once IOWA is over Bachmann will be gone, Rick S will be gone and convincing them to run to Mitt is going to be difficult. Rick S and Bachmann supporters are mostly christian conservatives but lets look at Ron Paul's record of christian life choices over Mitt flip flopping on abortion. Also if Paul can get the word out on Israel they will see Paul wants Israel to defend itself.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:12 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,526,449 times
Na Na Na Na, Hey New-ewt, Goodbye

Old 12-19-2011, 08:18 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,267,153 times
Another thread on this poll?

No shocker here - Paul's ground game is strong in IA and that is what counts for caucuses. I am sure the media will play it as a shock, but this was coming. And with Newt this weekend telling Face The Nation that he would send US Marshals to arrest federal judges with whom he/Congress/Republicans disagreed just also sank his candidacy more.

I know that Paul supporters are gleeful over this new poll, as they should be. However, Iowa has far from been the barometer for who will become the nominee. Something tells me states like Florida and South Carolina, particularly the latter with a 'closed' primary, will not give Paul strong numbers. With the proportional division of delegates, however, this fight will be a long one.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:23 AM

12,688 posts, read 6,756,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
If Paul is at the top he will move to take out Mitt.
Paul has plenty of ways to show Mitt in bad light and will show his continue flip flopping.
In fact it was Paul's campaign who was running ads against Mitt in Iowa which is why he is going nowhere. Paul will move these ADS to south carolina soon knowing Mitt plans on taking South Carolina and Florida. Once IOWA is over Bachmann will be gone, Rick S will be gone and convincing them to run to Mitt is going to be difficult. Rick S and Bachmann supporters are mostly christian conservatives but lets look at Ron Paul's record of christian life choices over Mitt flip flopping on abortion. Also if Paul can get the word out on Israel they will see Paul wants Israel to defend itself.
Paul will want to be cautious. Keep the pressure on Gingrich, don't let up at all. Sure, go after Romney too. But it's close enough that either of them could leap-frog past Paul.

I'm also curious to see other polls. Rasmussen has Romney leading. I do think we have every reason to expect Paul to win -- methinks we show up to vote at primaries in stronger numbers than any other GOP candidate. But it's always best to assume that you're behind just in case.

Old 12-19-2011, 02:46 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,593,473 times
Default Paul TAKES LEAD IN IOWA!!! NEWT FALLS!!

I truly would like to see Dr Paul as the GOP nominee. They need a rational challenger to the president. It would make for a very interesting campaign.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:38 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,816,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
I truly would like to see Dr Paul as the GOP nominee. They need a rational challenger to the president. It would make for a very interesting campaign.
Then register Republican and vote for him in your primaries to make it happen.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:58 PM

730 posts, read 829,651 times
i love how fox news now discredits iowa because ron paul is winning there. Anyone see the irony here? Doesn't The Huck work for fox news now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections