Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 02:03 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,664,892 times

Advertisements

Santorum calls Trump debate skippers 'hypocrites' - Maggie Haberman - POLITICO.com

[LEFT]Rick Santorum, who along with Newt Gingrich is one of the only candidates to accept the invitation to the Donald Trump-moderated NewsMax debate on Dec. 27, slammed his rivals for skipping it.
“Many of my opponents jockeyed to be the first to fly up to New York and use Donald Trump for a photo op and no doubt try and secure an endorsement," said Santorum.
Continue Reading
"But when Donald wants to moderate a debate – they refuse to attend. That’s what’s so wrong with politics today – hypocrisy. At this critical time in our nation’s history, just weeks before Iowan’s cast this important vote – many of the other candidates want to hide behind TV ads and mail pieces. We plan to be there front and center in person to debate Newt directly, and if it’s just the two of us, we’re fine with it."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1211/70137.html#ixzz1g4bGdsXG

Question? Isn't this waaah, waaahing by Rick Santorum, the most attention he has gotten since he became a candidate?

Sucking up to Trump doesn't impress me, Rick. On the contrary, you look lame bad-mouthing the other wise non-attendee's, who declined! [/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2011, 02:05 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,522,728 times
I'm pretty sure Mr. Santorum has no problem with kissing certain parts of Trump's anatomy

Old 12-09-2011, 02:09 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,577,882 times
Who cares what Rick Santorum says in a debate? Unless he shows us his "stilborn" fetus in his ability to defeat Newt in a debate.

Old 12-09-2011, 02:19 PM

47,008 posts, read 26,056,438 times
Is it wrong that I'm getting such immense enjoyment from Trump's failure to regain political relevancy? After his candidacy ended in abject humiliation, he laid low for a couple of months, then tried to relaunch himself as a Republican kingmaker. And now that second attempt is failing as well, in full public view - and the smell of that failure will cling to the two remaining "debate" participants.

Yeah, I'm indulging in a bit of schadenfreude here.

Old 12-09-2011, 02:23 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,664,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Is it wrong that I'm getting such immense enjoyment from Trump's failure to regain political relevancy? After his candidacy ended in abject humiliation, he laid low for a couple of months, then tried to relaunch himself as a Republican kingmaker. And now that second attempt is failing as well, in full public view - and the smell of that failure will cling to the two remaining "debate" participants.

Yeah, I'm indulging in a bit of schadenfreude here.
I kinda like seeing his 'failure' spotlighted, also!! Not like Trump hasn't been ruthless to many others...as he stepped up his bu-sin-ess career.

Santorum probably got this right, tho >>
[LEFT]''let’s be honest, at least Donald Trump will have more in common with the candidates than with vast majority of past moderators."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz1g4jR33mu
[/LEFT]

Old 12-09-2011, 02:31 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,660,510 times
I'm right there with you, Dane. I'm loving this. Trump is a jackass. This is a huge, humilating and public defeat. Good. Trump needs to take a hint. Keep out of politics!

Old 12-09-2011, 03:24 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,183,347 times
I have decided that Santorum is really not likeable. I will be glad when these debates are over so I don't have to hear his voice ever again.

Old 12-09-2011, 03:24 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,170,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I'm right there with you, Dane. I'm loving this. Trump is a jackass. This is a huge, humilating and public defeat. Good. Trump needs to take a hint. Keep out of politics!

what he said!!!

Old 12-09-2011, 03:27 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,171,739 times
Santorum is insane, so I really don't even consider anything he says as true or relevant.

Old 12-09-2011, 04:01 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,325,990 times
Rick Santorum just went down hill and off the cliff in my estimation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections