Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 11:44 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You should give everything a crack before just going off half-cocked. I saw an awful lot of truth in that one and am sure you would also. It was about the behavior of he media in case you get to wondering what it was about.
Alright, I read this one. It was better than I thought it would be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 11:44 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Apparently he doesn't realize that 1:00 pm is just too soon after lunch.
He certainly knows that nobody could have read that one and typed the post in a minute. Yes, I posted at 1:04 and the reply came at 1:05.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Alright, I read this one. It was better than I thought it would be.
Sorry to take you to task but when you act like one of THEM I just have to lump you in with THEM.

Did you see anything that was just flat out lies? I failed to see that but I have been telling people that I think I know why these stories are coming up about Cain and race is too much of it. I read Bozell this morning and had been thinking the things he told about for a couple of days.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:48 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
Quote:
Have you ever read a link so you knew what was said in it? I ask this beause you gave your uninformed answer one minute after I posted the thread. You need to wait a while so you can hide behind your method. You know attacking the messenger without even knowing the message.
The sad part of this is if the oposing political people find a bimbo, clean her up, give her a story, then the media covering it sanctions it as the truth, the mouthbreathers will all join in the screaming in the street. Any bimbo will do. How easy it is for the machine to destroy good people.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Sorry to take you to task but when you act like one of THEM I just have to lump you in with THEM.

Did you see anything that was just flat out lies? I failed to see that but I have been telling people that I think I know why these stories are coming up about Cain and race is too much of it. I read Bozell this morning and had been thinking the things he told about for a couple of days.
I don't mind being taken to task, roy.

The article's premise is pretty much correct. I think that conservative politicians do get treated differently than liberal ones. This was particularly true in 1992, before Fox News. Now that Fox News is the number one watch news network in America, this argument has far less weight.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
It's just dirty politics and it seems like the media is the one controling it, I guess it's good for ratings.
I had told my wife something would happen to Cain if he got to popular.
And as Bozell says, it is now Gingrich's turn. The good part of it is that he has already admitted to some of that stuff so whoever is in charge of that crap will have to think of something else for him.

I think it is the Dem party, their media and the Republican establishment people who are after Cain. One group fears him against Obama, the next one has been pro-Obama for so long that they can't get away from it and the third one just wants Romney. Dems, media, establishment in that order.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
And as Bozell says, it is now Gingrich's turn. The good part of it is that he has already admitted to some of that stuff so whoever is in charge of that crap will have to think of something else for him.

I think it is the Dem party, their media and the Republican establishment people who are after Cain. One group fears him against Obama, the next one has been pro-Obama for so long that they can't get away from it and the third one just wants Romney. Dems, media, establishment in that order.
Roy, the "Dems" would love, love, love for Cain to be nominee. The Dems have nothing to do with this one.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:55 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Roy, the "Dems" would love, love, love for Cain to be nominee. The Dems have nothing to do with this one.
The truth of the matter is that the democrats can't afford to have a successful black conservative in the white house. That is the sad truth.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
The truth of the matter is that the democrats can't afford to have a successful black conservative in the white house. That is the sad truth.
Cain would never make it to the White House. Obama would wipe the floor with him. Would having a successful black conservative in the White House hurt the democratic party? Yeah, probably ... but there is ZERO fear from us of Cain being that guy.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:00 PM

Did anybody get to the end of the piece where Bozell said: Why am I not the slightest bit surprised that a Washington Post employee is tweeting over the Internet: "Hey Tweeps: Looking for outlandish/incorrect predictions and quotes from Newt Gingrich's past. Any ideas for me?"

Gingrich, it's your turn.

I heard some talk about that tweet last night on Fox, of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections