Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 09:50 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,213,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Rightie or not, I see you admit they are not doing it here.

if you read my original post that you commented on, can you point to where I said this forum?

percentage wise, there are very few liberals on this forum compared to the total number of liberal/democrats in the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 09:57 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,491,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
How about a one time payment of $100 dollars?

Just to have some skin in the game?

Actually, I have proposed pretty much that. I believe everyone should pay SOMETHING, some nominal amount (say within the range of $100-$500), and then a flat rate on disposable income, which I would consider to be some reasonable income level which allows an individual a modest standard of living while being able to pay for the things we expect a responsible person to pay for, such as food, shelter, retirement savings, and health insurance.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Oh....I see.

It's his policies that you disagree with, not his skin color?

Prove it.

Prove that you're not a racist.

I don't know how you "prove" such a statement. I've certainly voted for black candidates, but I don't think that really proves anything.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
And a white conservative non racist freedom loving American would certainly prefer Cain to obama.

Probably true, although I'm not sure a conservative who is poor would necessarily choose to pay more tax with Cain than less tax with Obama.

Tax incidence has a strange ability to lead some people to suboptimal decisions, usually financial but sometimes political. I call it Tax Derangement Syndrome.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:25 AM

11,762 posts, read 14,670,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
actually it is a win. after all, alot of liberals have been calling anyone that does not agree with obama and his policies to be a racist. now turn about is fair play. if liberals do not agree with herman Cains policies, are they racist as well?
This is absolutely false.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:49 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,959,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
if you read my original post that you commented on, can you point to where I said this forum?

percentage wise, there are very few liberals on this forum compared to the total number of liberal/democrats in the USA.
Actually I find that Libs and Indes are well represented here, they just aren't as vocal as some of the righties here are, squeaky wheels and all. Point is, If the orginal statement is true then it would also be happening here and on other discussion boards, thing is I just cannot seem to find many examples of this occuring and yet the right, and whatever you call yourself, continue to make the baseless claim that it happes all the time. You have your opinion and I have mine, Enough said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections