Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 06:28 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,202,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
The Clintons were also known for "antics" like this. I think most effective politicians are going to be like this; they will require their appointees to "toe the line" and demand loyalty. Because it works.

I will be glad to see any kind of turnover in DC.

I haven't heard of Rick Perry going to the extent of the Clintons in making sure people toe the line, but I don't care for it in anyone in power. It is the essense of what makes politics corrupt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 06:38 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,609,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
There sure are a lot of people hoping this or that about Perry "will sink him..."

I take that as a good sign. It's great that the opposing side will so willingly tell voters who they fear the most. Keep up the good work.
Perry will sink himself. I don't really think he has a chance to get the nomination.

Believe me, I hope he does.

Old 09-11-2011, 06:42 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,159,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Perry will sink himself. I don't really think he has a chance to get the nomination.

Believe me, I hope he does.
you are going to support Obama, you wouldn't vote for any Republican, so why are you even bothering to post here on this particular subject?

Nita

Old 09-11-2011, 06:46 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,670,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I haven't heard of Rick Perry going to the extent of the Clintons in making sure people toe the line, but I don't care for it in anyone in power. It is the essense of what makes politics corrupt.
Those who attain power...from 'positions of power'...and use it (abuse it) to Bully, maniulate, intimidate any...and many citizens of our country....are worse that Criminals...in prisons, etc.

And ...to be honest...I'm not sure I know of ANY politician...who doesn't do that...to some extent. I feel sure some DON'T..or try not to. I just don't personnally know them.

And that's the reality of the current CORRUPT political life in America....and the world...today!

And that's a fact...I KNOW!

You ARE dead on target, d-girl.

No wonder....honest, decent people...won't run for offices...or be involved with the political system.

''A Rat Race....can only be won...by a RAT.''

Old 09-12-2011, 09:21 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,348,939 times
I would actually like to see Perry win the nomination. I think it would help Obama's reelection chances considerably. The only way Perry would beat Obama is if there was a complete economic meltdown either this year or next, and even if he did win, I think he'd just end up being so unpopular that he'd be a one-termer for sure.

I think Mitt Romney would beat Obama. He's a pragmatist who could steal votes away from moderates and even win over some left-leaning Democrats who are frustrated with Obama. He has credentials as a businessman and a governor of a state, and he's a household name now. If you're a Republican, I think he's your best shot at reclaiming the White House.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:24 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,866,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Rick Perry wants to end, not fix, Social Security

Rick Perry wants to end, not fix, Social Security | Courier-Post | courierpostonline.com

WASHINGTON — Texas Gov. Rick Perry made an interesting strategic choice at Wednesday’s Republican presidential debate about how to deal with his self-inflicted Social Security problem. Perry doubled down on one controversial component: his description of the retirement program as a “Ponzi scheme” and a “monstrous lie.” But Perry backed away from reaffirming the even more explosive aspect of his Social Security position — that the federal government ought to stay out of the retirement business altogether.
He is correct and sooner or later we will have to face up to the FDR/LBJ Ponzi scheme.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:45 AM

5,389 posts, read 7,251,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you are going to support Obama, you wouldn't vote for any Republican, so why are you even bothering to post here on this particular subject?

Nita
I refer you to https://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...l#post20832972 and ask you the same thing since you obviously won't be voting for Obama. Such a scold.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:52 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,159,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
I refer you to https://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...l#post20832972 and ask you the same thing since you obviously won't be voting for Obama. Such a scold.
I have read it, you are not the first to post, but look at where the article apperared? Salon.com isn't exactly the most trusted name in politics in case you did not know.

Nita

Old 09-12-2011, 06:48 PM

22,239 posts, read 19,558,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I have read it, you are not the first to post, but look at where the article apperared? Salon.com isn't exactly the most trusted name in politics in case you did not know.

Nita
And they used the polls posted on Real Clear Politics as their source. RCP is a right leaning website.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:15 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,670,417 times
As evidenced by last nights Republican debate, Rick Perry's Anti-Social Security position IS sinking him Fast! - He is going to lose ground more and more..it appears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections