Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 07:20 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,960,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
It doesn't exactly take much investigating to see what Rick Perry has said about social security considering he calls it a ponzi scheme and continues to boast about that. Now do you think Social Security is a Ponzi Scheme?? Do you believe Social Security and Bernie Madoff are the same thing??

I really am surprised you are supporting someone like Rick Perry. You have stated on multiple occasions you aren't fond of the gay bashing,, you aren't fond of the hard core social conservatives or the wearing religion on your sleeve type of stuff some candidates do, but you go ahead and support someone who is about as hardcore socially conservative and religious sleeve wearing as it can possibly get, someone who not only gay bashes, but believes gays having sex in the privacy of their own home should be jailed.
I believe she likes where he stands on foreign policy....NeoCon war hawk That apparently is the most important criteria. Must have a zionist in the family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2011, 07:30 PM

22,197 posts, read 19,487,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I believe she likes where he stands on foreign policy....NeoCon war hawk That apparently is the most important criteria. Must have a zionist in the family.
I have actually had some well thought out and intelligent conversations with her, mostly disagree, but can do so in a constructive manner.

Rick Perry with his extreme hardcore social conservatism, the gay bashing (not to mention support for throwing consenting adults in jail for having sex in the privacy of their own home) and the super in your face about his religion seems to represent everything Nita seemed to shy away from and not really be comfortable with in her party, so the Perry love fest just baffles me.

Old 09-10-2011, 07:45 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,685,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post

I'm an Obama supporter and even I can see quite clearly that he's beatable. All the GOP would need to do is to put someone out there with just a shred of intelligence out there. Mitt Romney ought to do the trick. Problem is, I think the right wing nutjobs have taken the party over. They're driving the party over the cliff.

Works for me. Perry for GOP nominee in 2012!!!

The reason you like Mitt, is because he is Obama with an R by his name.

Old 09-10-2011, 07:58 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,235,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I have actually had some well thought out and intelligent conversations with her, mostly disagree, but can do so in a constructive manner.

Rick Perry with his extreme hardcore social conservatism, the gay bashing (not to mention support for throwing consenting adults in jail for having sex in the privacy of their own home) and the super in your face about his religion seems to represent everything Nita seemed to shy away from and not really be comfortable with in her party, so the Perry love fest just baffles me.
It must be his hair.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:00 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,180,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Because I opt out and don't pay it.

My employer(Me) is not forced to take it out of my pay.

The Government can't force me to pay it, unlike income tax.

Only if you are Amish, Mennonite, a member of the clergy or net less than $400.00 per year. Or if you live in one of the three counties in Texas that opted out before 1983. Otherwise you are required to pay it.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Only if you are Amish, Mennonite, a member of the clergy or net less than $400.00 per year. Or if you live in one of the three counties in Texas that opted out before 1983. Otherwise you are required to pay it.

Nope! Never have as long as I have been self employed. Never will.

I will never get a dime of SS even when I turn age to receive it.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:07 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,180,036 times
Quote:

I totally disagree with that. Mitt is just more reasonable and well thought out. He will appeal to a wider range of voters. It is concerning that Rick Perry won't, but we shall see. It was just so obvious in the last debate that Mitt Romney is much more together and speak with authority and intelligence on the issues. I don't see how some people don't see that.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:21 PM

22,197 posts, read 19,487,286 times
Quote:
I totally disagree with that. Mitt is just more reasonable and well thought out. He will appeal to a wider range of voters. It is concerning that Rick Perry won't, but we shall see. It was just so obvious in the last debate that Mitt Romney is much more together and speak with authority and intelligence on the issues. I don't see how some people don't see that.
Its about extremism plain and simple. The crazier, the more extreme, the further to the right (especially socially), the more intense the religiosity, the more intense hate spew, the more they soak it up, first it was Bachmann and now its Perry and they both have all of those basis covered on those things.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:

Total of 218,720 votes

Ron Paul
58.7%
(128,327 votes)

Mitt Romney
14%
(30,669 votes)

Rick Perry
11.9%
(25,926 votes)

Jon Huntsman
5.9%
(12,948 votes)

Newt Gingrich
3.9%
(8,628 votes)

Herman Cain
2.9%
(6,342 votes)

Michele Bachmann
1.8%
(3,908 votes)

Rick Santorum
0.9%
(1,972 votes)

Old 09-10-2011, 08:56 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,693,492 times
Quote:
So now, Romney is considered equivalent to Obama? You guys really are going off the deep end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections