Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of the polls are right about Paul?
The online polls: Paul has been purposely shut down by the corporate media 26 40.63%
The media polls: The online polls have been artificially inflated by his supporters trolling forums 16 25.00%
Both/Neither: His approval numbers are higher than the media show, but nowhere near the online ones. 22 34.38%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 07:16 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,099,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Something I've been contemplating, as we all know Ron Paul does extremely well on online polls, with every one I've seen has him leading the polls by huge numbers over the other GOP candidates. The media on the other hand and other "professional" polls all have him quite low in the field of candidates. The question is are the online polls right and the media is just engaged in a conspiracy to shut him down, or are the online polls being artificially inflated?
The latter. Online polls are virtually useless. You see, people on the Left routinely try and use on line polls by spamming them en mass in or to sway opinion and create a narrative.

The Paulinistas do the same. Flood the poll with votes for Paul, multiple times if possible.

Are you enamored of Paul now?

He can't win a general election, as I believe the Left knows full well, which is why they try and push him on conservatives as their best bet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 08:06 AM

14,045 posts, read 27,324,422 times
I believe that time will show the media polls are correct.

Prior to the 2008 election I participated in a lot of discussions with Paul supporters, since I was a P&OC moderator at that time. Though I understand their passion for the guy, I found many often lost sight of their own sentiments vs that of the general public.

I saw online poll after poll (you may be able to still look up those discussions in a search of this forum, if interested) where Paul slaughtered all of his competitors. Yet, when the actual voting in the primaries took place he did exactly how the major professional polling folks predicted.

I am pretty certain you will see this repeated this election cycle too.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:27 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,249,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I saw online poll after poll (you may be able to still look up those discussions in a search of this forum, if interested) where Paul slaughtered all of his competitors. Yet, when the actual voting in the primaries took place he did exactly how the major professional polling folks predicted.

I am pretty certain you will see this repeated this election cycle too.
I think you are right. Although Ron Paul's positions have become a lot more popular the last 4 years, the other candidates have much better haircuts than him so there is no chance in hell he will be nominated.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:25 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,864,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The latter. Online polls are virtually useless. You see, people on the Left routinely try and use on line polls by spamming them en mass in or to sway opinion and create a narrative.
Had to throw that in huh

Quote:
The Paulinistas do the same. Flood the poll with votes for Paul, multiple times if possible.
Are you enamored of Paul now?
I do respect Paul for standing up against the corporatism/fascism going on in washington mainly from the right, as well as not being a sell out to the corporations among other issues. Not everyone just jumps around with pom-poms going "Gooooooooo team! Yay!" on one side for every issue no matter what. Honest discussion is a good thing

Quote:
He can't win a general election, as I believe the Left knows full well, which is why they try and push him on conservatives as their best bet.
I'd suggest getting more informed on the candidates. Paul's core base for years has been very liberal college aged people. Paul does have quite a bit of support from strongly liberal individuals as well as other democrats upset with the way Obama has been a center/right republican.
While it's highly unlikely Paul will get the GOP nom or a chance to beat Obama, he is currently one of the strongest contenders.
Though I'll tell you a secret, if the right wants to beat Obama, they need to elect a sane republican like Huntsman, though we know there isn't a chance in hell the right would ever go with anyone rational.
The democrats are loving every minute of the Perry's and Bachmann's. If those on the left were somehow trying to falsely push candidates it sure as hell wouldn't be Paul, it would be Perry, Bachmann or Palin. All are so nuts it would be a walk for Obama in 2012

Old 09-09-2011, 09:29 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,383,494 times
Quote:
Yeah, it would be a contest between good and evil.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:29 AM

32,982 posts, read 19,651,364 times
while RP has many good ideas and points..he is alos out there on some things..and too old also

Old 09-09-2011, 09:32 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,383,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
while RP has many good ideas and points..he is alos out there on some things..and too old also
Well, I guess repeating it often enough makes it so.

Why can't you chant the same about other candidates?

Old 09-09-2011, 09:33 AM

37,955 posts, read 17,995,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I happen to be in that large majority that you call stupid. Thanks for the vote of confidence in us.
You're still okay Roy. After all aren't smart people the ones running America right now?
Run for president on the "I'm too stupid to run your life" policy. I'd vote for you.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:37 AM

32,982 posts, read 19,651,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Well, I guess repeating it often enough makes it so.

Why can't you chant the same about other candidates?
because this thread is about RP

duh

Old 09-09-2011, 09:39 AM

17,522 posts, read 24,796,524 times
The Koch Brothers don't own Ron Paul so he will never be the nominee of the KOP He might as well jump to the libertarian Party, again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections