Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 02:43 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,308,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You are anything BUT informed about Ron Paul. You have NO proof, none whatsoever, that he's made derogatory comments about blacks. Why should anyone believe these silly posts? They have been chock full of incorrect, unsubstantiated claims too many times.

Oh Really!

CAMPAIGN '96/U.S. HOUSE/Newsletter excerpts offer ammunition to Paul's opponent/GOP hopeful quoted on race, crime

Quote:
Texas congressional candidate Ron Paul's 1992 political newsletter highlighted portrayals of blacks as inclined toward crime and lacking sense about top political issues.

Under the headline of ""Terrorist Update," for instance, Paul reported on gang crime in Los Angeles and commented, ""If you have ever been robbed by a black teen-aged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be."

Paul, a Republican obstetrician from Surfside, said Wednesday he opposes racism and that his written commentaries about blacks came in the context of ""current events and statistical reports of the time."

Selected writings by Paul were distributed Wednesday by the campaign of his Democratic opponent, Austin lawyer Charles ""Lefty" Morris.

Morris said many of Paul's views are ""out there on the fringe" and that his commentaries will be judged by voters in the November general elections.

Paul said allegations about his writings amounted to name-calling by the Democrats and that his opponents should focus instead on how to shrink government spending and reform welfare.

Morris and Paul are seeking the 14th Congressional District seat held by Greg Laughlin of West Columbia. Laughlin lost the Republican primary to Paul, a former congressman and the Libertarian Party's 1988 presidential candidate.

Paul, writing in his independent political newsletter in 1992, reported about unspecified surveys of blacks.

""Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5 percent of blacks have sensible political opinions, i.e. support the free market, individual liberty and the end of welfare and affirmative action," Paul wrote.

Paul continued that politically sensible blacks are outnumbered ""as decent people." Citing reports that 85 percent of all black men in the District of Columbia are arrested, Paul wrote:

""Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the `criminal justice system,' I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal," Paul said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 02:50 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,478,115 times
wow. Thats pretty bad.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:50 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,353,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
What none of these videos address is Ron Paul's position on the 14th Amendment and the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Ron Paul's has said on more than one occasion he doesn't support the government bans on segregation as they pertain to private business. Add to that some very derogatory statments Ron Paul has made about Black Americans in the past and you have to wonder how many of these people are REALLY INFORMED about Ron Paul.

You could put all the Black Americans that support Ron Paul in a telephone booth and you'd still have enough roam for the USC, Ohio, State, University of Washington, Grambling State, and Southern Universiity marching bands.

It's just one more reason that Ron Paul will NEVER be President of the United States.

What JTG, who is an ethnocentric racist, is really trying to say is that he won't vote for Ron Paul since he has a chance to vote for Obama, who is black.

Old 07-27-2011, 03:11 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,926,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
What JTG, who is an ethnocentric racist, is really trying to say is that he won't vote for Ron Paul since he has a chance to vote for Obama, who is black.

jazzy tally guy, if i were you i would report that post by rick roma.

thats uncalled for roma.

dont gotta take low blows like that.

Old 07-27-2011, 03:22 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,888,510 times
This has been debunked many times. Ron Paul never wrote it. It doesn't surprise me one bit you fell for it. It wasn't put out by someone in congress who he works with. But other than that... pffft

I'll repeat the statement "Tell us why YOU know better than ALL the Congresspeople Ron Paul works with everyday. NOT ONE of those people has ever uttered a word about him having a racist bone in his body."

You avoid answering the question. I'll repeat it. Why would anyone, unless they have an agenda, claim a person whose heros include MLK, Rosa Parks, and Ghandi, be a racist.

Why would someone, who knows the war on drugs unjustly punishes minorities, speak out against that war?

the head of the Austin NAACP says otherwise but dont take my word for it.

‪NAACP Nelson Linder speaks on Ron Paul and racism‬‏ - YouTube
good interview
the part about Ron Paul comes on around the 1 minute mark

helloooooooooo

Old 07-27-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post

thats uncalled for roma.

This is part of an outgoing beef Rick and me have. Based on his level of intelligence I take his statements for what they are worth.

Old 07-27-2011, 03:24 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,353,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post

thats uncalled for roma.

I can post quotes from JRG to back it up.

Also, if I had a nickel for every time I've been called the same on this board by people of JRG's ilk I could pay off the U.S. debt and end the whole debt ceiling issue.....

Old 07-27-2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
This has been debunked many times. Ron Paul never wrote it. It doesn't surprise me one bit you fell for it. It wasn't put out by someone in congress who he works with. But other than that... pffft

I'll repeat the statement "Tell us why YOU know better than ALL the Congresspeople Ron Paul works with everyday. NOT ONE of those people has ever uttered a word about him having a racist bone in his body."

You avoid answering the question. I'll repeat it. Why would anyone, unless they have an agenda, claim a person whose heros include MLK, Rosa Parks, and Ghandi, be a racist.

Why would someone, who knows the war on drugs unjustly punishes minorities, speak out against that war?

the head of the Austin NAACP says otherwise but dont take my word for it.

‪NAACP Nelson Linder speaks on Ron Paul and racism‬‏ - YouTube
good interview
the part about Ron Paul comes on around the 1 minute mark

helloooooooooo
None of that mitigates Ron Paul's opposition to the 14th Amendment or the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Sorry I can't support a person that is opposed for laws that help empower and ensure the rights of all Americans but particularly people who have faced discrimination and economic, political and social disenfranchisement based on race.

You could have Martin Luther King Jr. himself put in a good word for Ron Paul and he wouldn't get my vote.

I lived in Texas for over 20 years. I know EXACTLY where Ron Paul stands on race.

Last edited by JazzyTallGuy; 07-27-2011 at 03:42 PM..

Old 07-27-2011, 03:31 PM

4,160 posts, read 4,180,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeman804 View Post
Precisely! I know black people that support Ron Paul, Obama, and other candidates. Most are very well informed, but the Ron Paul supporters seem to think that if you don't agree then you do not know. Its an awkward arrogance. Core Democrats and Republicans have a respect (that they wont admit) for each other. Ron Paul supporters and Tea Partiers that I know quote history and the constitution (respectively) as if all you watch is Fox News and MSNBC

Edit:I'm referring to all tea partiers and Ron Paul supporters, not just black americans

There is a reason why Ron Paul supporters think of other supporters that way. Ron Paul is the only candidate that speak of the truth and the current issues we are facing. Ron Paul supporters are all producers, that mean we don't depend on the government for "free lunch".

How many times did you say to yourself to vote the less to two evils?

Old 07-27-2011, 03:35 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,025,817 times
Sadly the fact is that blacks have depression like unemployment levels (in some places) they still support Obama BLINDLY. I doubt they would ever take Paul or any other candidate seriously.

Anybody that's running against Obama is racist or if that person is Black they are a Uncle Tom.

Not a Ron Paul supporter, but that's just my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections