Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 03:53 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,859,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
He is as gay as Larry Craig who was also married when he was busted in the airport restroom in Minneapolis.
Obama is married and has kids, does that also mean that he's gay according to this insane liberal logic that I'm hearing in this thread?

Old 06-24-2011, 03:53 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,922,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Being married with kids has NOTHING to do with being gay. People have hidden in the closet for DECADES by cloaking themselves with the whole wife and kids facade. I'm not saying Rick Perry is gay. But the fact he has a wife in kids does nothing to preclude it.
Exactly, have they already forgotten about other right winger closet cases like Ted Haggard and Larry "Wide Stance" Craig?

Old 06-24-2011, 03:56 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,347,300 times
I can't stand Perry and I don't think he's playing with a full deck. But I highly doubt he's gay. What's asinine about today's media, is all it takes is one blog post to ruin a persons life or career. Why would anybody want to run for office?

Old 06-24-2011, 03:56 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,465,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Someone may have asked this before, but I have not seen it.

Gay rumors complicate Rick Perry's presidential prospects — RT
Anything coming from Russia Today is nothing more than propaganda with the intent of destabilizing American society.

I chock it up as nothing but melted chewing gum on a hot sidewalk. When that stuff gets sticky it gets everywhere and it's hard to peel off.

Don't read this garbage.

Old 06-24-2011, 03:57 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,957,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Anything coming from Russia Today is nothing more than propaganda with the intent of destabilizing American society.

I chock it up as nothing but melted chewing gum on a hot sidewalk. When that stuff gets sticky it gets everywhere and it's hard to peel off.

Don't read this garbage.
I posted something from Politico as well.

[MOD CUT]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-27-2011 at 03:42 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 06-24-2011, 03:58 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,537,077 times
Quote:

It's funny that it's usually the people who claim that someone's sexuality shouldn't matter and that people are equal regardless of that, are always the same folks who try to out people as being gay--usually just based on broad rumors or some personality traits. But never seem to have any actual proof, except for tabloid level speculation.

Who cares? I probably wouldn't vote for Rick Perry, but it wouldn't be a decision based on rumors that he might have cheated on his wife with either women or men...

Old 06-24-2011, 04:00 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,372,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Obama is married and has kids, does that also mean that he's gay according to this insane liberal logic that I'm hearing in this thread?
Abtholutely!

Old 06-24-2011, 04:04 PM

30,078 posts, read 18,689,772 times
Quote:

It does not take long for the left attack mode to zero in on the the most likely threat to Obama. Given the willingness of Obama supporters to support him, despite poor performance or not, it really questions the ability of this group to rationally evaluate information anymore. Liberalism has nearly become a cult in which outcome and results simply do not matter in the implementation of this philosophy. I would counter that it is "double plus ungood" to support a poor candidate who has demonstrated a lack of ability on every level. But then again, I refused the kool-aid when offered, so that perhaps my perspective is different than some.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:08 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,566,900 times
If Republicans didn't make such a big deal out of homosexuality, it wouldn't come back to bite them in the a$$ (no pun intended) time and time again. Rick Perry is actually the only guy out there who I see as having any real chance of competing against Obama. He has real charisma and a good economic record in Texas (he got lucky with oil). He could rally Republicans like no other in the field right now. However, with these gay rumors swirling about, there is no way in hell he could win the Republican nomination due to the great level of homophobia in that party. Even if he were to win his party's nomination, it's almost a certainty that he would lose the general election to Obama on that issue alone. There is still a lot of homophobia in America unfortunately, largely created and encouraged by Republicans.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:09 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,421,014 times
At this point, I don't care if Rick Perry is gay, cheats on his wife, didn't pay his taxes, whatever.......if he throws his hat in the ring, I will donate to his campaign because he is the only person who can beat Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections