Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 08:26 PM

22,278 posts, read 19,620,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
sorry, I just can't agree with you on this one. Yes, she played into the medais hands but they were the ones that started with tearing her down, no matter what she did or said. People started feeling sorry for the way she was being attacked and began to support her. Then, and only then did she decide this is fun. From then on she took on a new role. As for the FOX news thing, that came way after the press got ahold of her.

Nita
She did it to herself, the media didn't do it to her. She tried to insert herself in the media and the public at every possible opportunity and constantly blurted out absolutely ridiculous stuff. Its not the media's fault they reported on her when she opened her mouth and stupid crap came out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 07:46 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,443,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
She did it to herself, the media didn't do it to her. She tried to insert herself in the media and the public at every possible opportunity and constantly blurted out absolutely ridiculous stuff. Its not the media's fault they reported on her when she opened her mouth and stupid crap came out.
sorry, we will have to agree to disageee on this. Even Elenor on McLaughlin says the media went out to get her from day one.

Nita

Old 03-28-2011, 06:24 AM

16,260 posts, read 43,457,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderful Jellal View Post
Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney is lagging behind other prospective Republican presidential candidates in Southern states, according to new polling, presenting an obstacle for the nominal front-runner for the party's nomination.
A new Winthrop University survey, measuring public opinion in 11 Southern states, shows former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee as the preferred choice, winning 22 percent of the vote among probable primary voters. Romney is way back in fifth place with just seven percent, leading only lesser-known candidates like former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, Rep. Ron Paul of Texas and Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels.

Mitt Romney's Southern Problem - Hotline On Call
Personally I think Romney's bigger problem is he seems so fake, and southerners can see through it.

Granted the Mormon doesn't help much, but his fakeness is the real problem.

Old 03-28-2011, 06:32 AM

37,869 posts, read 41,280,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
I don't think Romney's problems are related just to his religion. I think he has the perception of being a dreaded "flip-flopper" and a lot of southern conservatives may be hesitant to vote for a well heeled "Yankee" who oversaw the implementation of state run health care in his state.
That would be me. Mormon- don't care. Flip Flopper - Care a lot.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:57 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,443,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Personally I think Romney's bigger problem is he seems so fake, and southerners can see through it.

Granted the Mormon doesn't help much, but his fakeness is the real problem.
I don't always agree with you, but this time I think you are on to something. I just keep saying, there is something about his personality that isn't appealing, I think it is his fakeness. \

Nita

Old 03-28-2011, 08:10 PM

14,490 posts, read 26,693,638 times
Lol. fakeness? One could have said that about LBJ.....For some reason Donald Trump, his persona seems similar to LBJ....maybe he is next.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:28 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,415,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
sorry, we will have to agree to disageee on this. Even Elenor on McLaughlin says the media went out to get her from day one.

Nita
I don't know who Elenor is, but I disagree with her. I gave Sarah plenty of "benefit of the doubt" until she swaggered into the Republican convention and gave that speech. That ended it for me.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:43 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,602,809 times
The Democrats are in deep trouble in numerous Midwestern states, and especially the ones who've recently elected republican governors.

Obama has lost the independents, and cannot get them back under any circumstances.

Even if 100% of the blacks in this country stupidly vote for him again given his nonstop spree of job-killing bills (increasing the minimum wage with a 25% unemployment rate among African-American youths was extremely stupid & totally indefensible), as well as his uncontrolled squadron of czars (nice fascist/communist word there, huh sports fans?), that won't be nearly enough to get him re-elected.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:29 AM

13,560 posts, read 10,450,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
The Democrats are in deep trouble in numerous Midwestern states, and especially the ones who've recently elected republican governors.

Obama has lost the independents, and cannot get them back under any circumstances.

Even if 100% of the blacks in this country stupidly vote for him again given his nonstop spree of job-killing bills (increasing the minimum wage with a 25% unemployment rate among African-American youths was extremely stupid & totally indefensible), as well as his uncontrolled squadron of czars (nice fascist/communist word there, huh sports fans?), that won't be nearly enough to get him re-elected.
Well, it seems that a bunch of the newly elected Republican governors have overreached - namely the ones in WI, FL, OH, and MI - and that actually may galvinize the Democrats in those areas.

Actually, there are plenty of academic studies that show that increasing the minimum wage does NOT decrease job creation or employment rates.

African Americans have voted 90% Democratic for the last 30 years because the GOP has pretty much been hostile to them from a culturally and policy standpoint, and they don't want their votes much.

Anyway, Obama right now may not be all that popular, but the Republicans (particulary the Congressional leaders) are less popular.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:55 AM

90,295 posts, read 121,415,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Well, it seems that a bunch of the newly elected Republican governors have overreached - namely the ones in WI, FL, OH, and MI - and that actually may galvinize the Democrats in those areas.

Actually, there are plenty of academic studies that show that increasing the minimum wage does NOT decrease job creation or employment rates.

African Americans have voted 90% Democratic for the last 30 years because the GOP has pretty much been hostile to them from a culturally and policy standpoint, and they don't want their votes much.

Anyway, Obama right now may not be all that popular, but the Republicans (particulary the Congressional leaders) are less popular.
Don't forget Indiana, where the Dems just returned to the statehouse from a 6 wk. vacation in Illinois, during which time they got some concessions from their R gov. I hasten to add, IN is one of the most conservative of the Great Lakes states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections