Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 01:02 PM

3,478 posts, read 7,256,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderful Jellal View Post
Palin could win the South Carolina primary, she's supported by the governor Nikki Haley.I hope I'm wrong.
I don't even think she will run, to be honest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 05:30 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
I don't think Romney's problems are related just to his religion. I think he has the perception of being a dreaded "flip-flopper" and a lot of southern conservatives may be hesitant to vote for a well heeled "Yankee" who oversaw the implementation of state run health care in his state.
you are probably right, it isn't just religion.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
That sounds more like wishful thinking than an accurate prediction of the future. I'm not saying Newt couldn't beat Obama I just don't think he'd "clean the floor" with him.
Prediction on McLaughlin's show last night: Newt is the first one in and he may be the first one out. Actually he isn't the first one in as he still isn't formally a candidate but the old Govn of La is.

Nita

Old 03-05-2011, 07:08 AM

37,219 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Does not matter.

If Newt runs he wins.

He will clean the floor with Obama snot easily.

He would eat Obama alive in any debate as Newt is far more intelligent and schooled then Obama.

Obama cannot possible win any re-election based on how Americans are thinking today.

Proof was in the pudding in November when we the dems lost in massive numbers and suffered one of the worst defeats EVER and it happened during Obamas watch.

What American would vote for Obama knowing his massive failure, mistakes and wrong doings?
Way too much baggage, no discernable Family Values. And the little matter of serving his wife with papers while she was in the recovery room after cancer surgery. Oh - Let's don't forget (at least) TWO affairs, putting his zipper on a par with Bill Clinton's. Newt is NOT, BTW, more schooled than Obama. You need to re-read the resumes for both before you post.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:49 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,256,347 times
Quote:
Does not matter.

If Newt runs he wins.

He would eat Obama alive in any debate as Newt is far more intelligent and schooled then Obama.

Obama cannot possible win any re-election based on how Americans are thinking today.

Proof was in the pudding in November when we the dems lost in massive numbers and suffered one of the worst defeats EVER and it happened during Obamas watch.

What American would vote for Obama knowing his massive failure, mistakes and wrong doings?
For a Republican landslide in 2012 the GOP candidate would have to take one of the big northeastern blue states i.e. Pennsylvania and/or California as well as all of the states Bush won in 2004. I don't really see that happening no matter who runs. If in 2012 we are looking at Dow 4000 and unemployment 35% as I predict we will be, does anybody think it could happen? Will Americans stick with Obama or will there be a Republican landslide not seen since 1988?

Old 03-07-2011, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
For a Republican landslide in 2012 the GOP candidate would have to take one of the big northeastern blue states i.e. Pennsylvania and/or California as well as all of the states Bush won in 2004. I don't really see that happening no matter who runs. If in 2012 we are looking at Dow 4000 and unemployment 35% as I predict we will be, does anybody think it could happen? Will Americans stick with Obama or will there be a Republican landslide not seen since 1988?
landslide, absolutely no in my opinion. Can the Republicans win in 2012? Of course, right now with the world problems and the threat of inflation in the future, Obama is still very beatable. This could change in the next 12 months or so. I would never under estimate him. I do think the Republicans will take over the senate.

Nita

Old 03-07-2011, 12:27 PM

146 posts, read 225,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderful Jellal View Post
Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney is lagging behind other prospective Republican presidential candidates in Southern states, according to new polling, presenting an obstacle for the nominal front-runner for the party's nomination.
A new Winthrop University survey, measuring public opinion in 11 Southern states, shows former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee as the preferred choice, winning 22 percent of the vote among probable primary voters. Romney is way back in fifth place with just seven percent, leading only lesser-known candidates like former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, Rep. Ron Paul of Texas and Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels.

Mitt Romney's Southern Problem - Hotline On Call
While the fundamentalist Christians in the South are certainly a problem for Romney, that pales in comparison to the flack he's going to take related to his MA healthcare reform.

Even in '08, before all of the acrimonious (and falsehood-driven) debate over the Affordable Care Act, the Massachusetts plan was anathema to a large chunk of the conservative base. All of the flip-flopping in the world can't save Romney from his past stance on that issue.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:35 PM

4,023 posts, read 7,374,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
I don't even think she will run, to be honest.
Yeah she shoudn't.She earns million dollars now, if she loses she'll lose her popularity

Old 03-09-2011, 03:11 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,550,899 times
Quote:
Does not matter.

If Newt runs he wins.

Wow. You are one optimistic fellow.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:07 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Romney doesn't cut it for people that believe you should say what your going to do, and do what you say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections