Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2011, 11:25 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,222,743 times

Advertisements

I don't want the brightest people running our government, I want the people who understand that the constitution is there to protect our rights from the "best and brightest" who want to experiment on us with their bright ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 11:40 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,408,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Maybe not but it's DAMN TIME Americans start voting with their heart and their minds...........this clap trap bs about the lesser of two evils is how we got into this mess. Vote for what you believe in. The two party system needs to end.

Jesse Ventura for VP and Paul as Pres. Now that is the America I would believe in!

I'm guessing maybe you think our most pressing national security issue is illegal aliens from outer space.

"Maybe being patriotic is about raising the curtain and wondering whether we've really been told the truth about things like September 11."

- Jesse Ventura

A Century of Conspiracies - Why We Love Conspiracies - Conspiracies on truTV

Old 02-15-2011, 11:48 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,402,887 times
Quote:
This ******* is the best and brightest candidate the US has to offer? No wonder this country is circling the drain...........haha if that dope wins the Presidency by some snowball's chance in hell I'm moving out of this country and will be ashamed to call myself an American!

RON PAUL 2012! END THE FED! END THE WARS! I don't agree with everything Ron Paul says but how can you not be behind this guy for wanting to abolish or otherwise completely revamp how our monetary system works. It doesn't matter what handled puppet you put into office or any government position...........as long as we have a debt based monetary system and are slave to private banks who create our money supply NOTHING will change!
Every Republican and their mother can run and they haven't a snowball's chance in hell of unseating this successful president. Trump, just looking for publicity and probably money.

Ron Paul can say anything as a candidate to sucker in support, but we all know that ultimately as President, he must gain Congressional approval. Paul speaks as though he can make things happen without the Constitutional checks and balances. What a loser. No wonder he has consistently been rejected.

Shame on you Pubs for not being able to do better.

Last edited by LexusNexus; 02-16-2011 at 12:02 AM..

Old 02-15-2011, 11:58 PM

23,238 posts, read 29,080,592 times
Trump? And a Gemini at that! No way!

Old 02-16-2011, 12:02 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,460,260 times
What! do you think with all the experince he actually has, that he would screw us up as bad as we now have it, hardly think so, take a good long hard look around.

We have a putz in office, face it, economy still in the dumps, face it think it is getting better take a good look around this whole Country. Worst housing crisis we have ever experienced, and it is still going on strong. People i know are still being demoted, hours being put down, and are having troulbe paying the mortgage. I think that Trump, is not a dumb-a-- has good common sense, business sense, and could not possibly screw up this Country as we now know it. I have heard him on talk shows, he really wants what is best for this Country, and what we now have in office, is not best for this Country. You can take this Change he promised us all, and shove it!

Old 02-16-2011, 12:18 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,408,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
The Republicans don't have anyone that can beat O right now, even they know that. The writing is on the wall for 2012, Obama will probably win and they know it.

If there is anything Americans agree on, it's stealing from the next generation. Selling reduced generational theft to the direct beneficiaries of that that theft is a challenge no matter who runs.

Those who pay taxes enjoy the current extension of the Bush-era (now Obama-era) tax cuts and hope for more. Those who receive more benefits from government than they contribute enjoy the free benefits government provides. Both groups are unlikely to rock the boat, and those in power will continue to receive their votes as long as taxes remain low and benefits continue. The debt, which is now accumulating at a record rate, will be passed to the only group which cannot object because they are still too young to vote.

It's no big surprise Trump has received a Palinesque reception from Democrats and Republicans alike. He's has never held public office and therefore has no track record which would indicate how he would act once in office. He doesn't need money or fame and hardly needs to establish a name for himself. He is very much a political wild card and in a position to govern independently. He might even put the interest of the nation before party and personal gain.

From a conservative point of view, I would love to see Trump in debates with Obama. Trump is a very sharp individual,...BO, not so much.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:01 AM

24,512 posts, read 33,339,056 times
Quote:
I mean I thought Palin was a joke........but Trump will take the cake. If Obama wins in 2012 it could very well be the end of the world for Americans. But anyone thinks Obama was put into office by we the people has no clue who really runs this country or how the world works. People don't put Presidents and leaders into office these days.....big money, corporations, and the banks/financial elite do! Look at Obummer's cabinet........it's one big throw back to Wallstreet. Kind of reminds me of The Reagon/Nixon eras.... every Secretary of state back then was either a CIA throwback or some corporate exec. Although Donald Rumsfeld Mr. Saccharin is no different.
The real joke is Jesse Ventura. He is a bonehead!

Old 02-16-2011, 03:05 AM

11,280 posts, read 11,047,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
The U.S isn't going anywhere.
I agree!

At least not in a forward direction under Obama's pathetic watch!

Old 02-16-2011, 03:28 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,511,413 times
Quote:
Maybe not but it's DAMN TIME Americans start voting with their heart and their minds...........this clap trap bs about the lesser of two evils is how we got into this mess. Vote for what you believe in. The two party system needs to end.

Jesse Ventura for VP and Paul as Pres. Now that is the America I would believe in!
People always say that crap. I usually ask them why they support evil.

They kinda look at me strange. But that is what they are supporting.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:54 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,533,686 times
Quote:
This ******* is the best and brightest candidate the US has to offer? No wonder this country is circling the drain...........haha if that dope wins the Presidency by some snowball's chance in hell I'm moving out of this country and will be ashamed to call myself an American!

RON PAUL 2012! END THE FED! END THE WARS! I don't agree with everything Ron Paul says but how can you not be behind this guy for wanting to abolish or otherwise completely revamp how our monetary system works. It doesn't matter what handled puppet you put into office or any government position...........as long as we have a debt based monetary system and are slave to private banks who create our money supply NOTHING will change!
Trump or Paul would be an improvement over Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections