Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2011, 09:03 AM

37,823 posts, read 41,147,491 times

Advertisements

After seeing The Donald on Greta last night and listening to his entire CPAC speech, I'm thinking he might be using "a possibility of running" for publicity to make more money. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Since he's turning up all over the place on TV now because of his possible candidacy, I think where could he buy this type of free publicity for himself and his show? He says his decision to run won't be until June, after his "The Apprentice" TV show is over for the season. Technically, whatever network runs his show would not be able to give him air time if he was an official candidate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 12:25 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,113,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
After seeing The Donald on Greta last night and listening to his entire CPAC speech, I'm thinking he might be using "a possibility of running" for publicity to make more money. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Since he's turning up all over the place on TV now because of his possible candidacy, I think where could he buy this type of free publicity for himself and his show? He says his decision to run won't be until June, after his "The Apprentice" TV show is over for the season. Technically, whatever network runs his show would not be able to give him air time if he was an official candidate.
that is what I think Palin is doing when she shows up everywhere, keeping her name out there to continue bringing in the big bucks. I am not sure Huck isn't doing the same thing, but that one has me wondering.

Nita

Old 02-15-2011, 12:31 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,863,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
What a proud and dignified nation we are. A reality show Presidential race.
Beets the community organizer in chief by a country mile.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:48 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,048,270 times
Default Donald Trump..........ARE YOU SERIOUS?

This ******* is the best and brightest candidate the US has to offer? No wonder this country is circling the drain...........haha if that dope wins the Presidency by some snowball's chance in hell I'm moving out of this country and will be ashamed to call myself an American!

RON PAUL 2012! END THE FED! END THE WARS! I don't agree with everything Ron Paul says but how can you not be behind this guy for wanting to abolish or otherwise completely revamp how our monetary system works. It doesn't matter what handled puppet you put into office or any government position...........as long as we have a debt based monetary system and are slave to private banks who create our money supply NOTHING will change!

Old 02-15-2011, 09:49 PM

1,179 posts, read 978,369 times
He's only getting PR, he's not running. Paul will never win, not in this country anyway.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:50 PM

18,247 posts, read 22,591,066 times
President Obama supporters rejoice each and everytime that there's another RWNJ that joins in the Republican 2012 candidate "pop goes the weasel" game.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:52 PM

1,179 posts, read 978,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
President Obama supporters rejoice each and everytime that there's another RWNJ that joins in the Republican 2012 candidate "pop goes the weasel" game.
The Republicans don't have anyone that can beat O right now, even they know that. The writing is on the wall for 2012, Obama will probably win and they know it.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:54 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,646,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
This ******* is the best and brightest candidate the US has to offer? No wonder this country is circling the drain...........haha if that dope wins the Presidency by some snowball's chance in hell I'm moving out of this country and will be ashamed to call myself an American!

RON PAUL 2012! END THE FED! END THE WARS! I don't agree with everything Ron Paul says but how can you not be behind this guy for wanting to abolish or otherwise completely revamp how our monetary system works. It doesn't matter what handled puppet you put into office or any government position...........as long as we have a debt based monetary system and are slave to private banks who create our money supply NOTHING will change!

Well, 60 something million Americans made the foolish mistake of electing Obama, so what makes you think they won't elect Trump or Paul?

10,420 posts, read 10,863,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post

No the best and brightest *******that the US has to offer is holding down the position as we "speak".

2,409 posts, read 3,048,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
He's only getting PR, he's not running. Paul will never win, not in this country anyway.
Maybe not but it's DAMN TIME Americans start voting with their heart and their minds...........this clap trap bs about the lesser of two evils is how we got into this mess. Vote for what you believe in. The two party system needs to end.

Jesse Ventura for VP and Paul as Pres. Now that is the America I would believe in!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections