Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 08:09 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times

Advertisements

Republican US Senate nominee Rand Paul of Kentucky said Monday night he "admired" outgoing Sen. Jim Bunning (R-KY), who was hoisted into the national spotlight this year for repeatedly blocking attempts to extend unemployment benefits.

But Bunning's moment of fame came this February, when Congress was debating a 30-day extension of unemployment benefits for 1.2 million US workers struggling from the recession.
The Kentucky Republican, whose state was reeling from over 10 percent unemployment, adamantly objected to the measure despite the urgent requests of Democratic senators, arguing that no more money should be added to the debt.
His efforts led to weeks-long delays in which out-of-work Americans across the country received no compensation in benefits.
"
"Tough Sh**" Bunning said on the Senate floor. According to Politico.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/10/rand-paul-admired-jim-bunning-repeatedly-blocked-unemployment-benefits/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 08:22 AM

62 posts, read 47,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Republican US Senate nominee Rand Paul of Kentucky said Monday night he "admired" outgoing Sen. Jim Bunning (R-KY), who was hoisted into the national spotlight this year for repeatedly blocking attempts to extend unemployment benefits.

But Bunning's moment of fame came this February, when Congress was debating a 30-day extension of unemployment benefits for 1.2 million US workers struggling from the recession.
The Kentucky Republican, whose state was reeling from over 10 percent unemployment, adamantly objected to the measure despite the urgent requests of Democratic senators, arguing that no more money should be added to the debt.
His efforts led to weeks-long delays in which out-of-work Americans across the country received no compensation in benefits.
"

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/10/rand-paul-admired-jim-bunning-repeatedly-blocked-unemployment-benefits/
Did Mr. Paul support his goon's smashing the 23 year old girls head like a pumpkin? I wish I would have been there, one goon holding the girl down, and the other smashing her head. Now thats a candidate you have to support.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:33 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee021362 View Post
Did Mr. Paul support his goon's smashing the 23 year old girls head like a pumpkin? I wish I would have been there, one goon holding the girl down, and the other smashing her head. Now thats a candidate you have to support.
No he doesnt. Her head was not smashed either a bit dramatic. Do you support the Conway supporter that at the same event stepped on a woman's foot that had a boot on since she recently had surgery. It was obvious her foot was hurt. Do you think Conway supported that happening to her?

Old 10-27-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
No he doesnt. Her head was not smashed either a bit dramatic. Do you support the Conway supporter that at the same event stepped on a woman's foot that had a boot on since she recently had surgery. It was obvious her foot was hurt. Do you think Conway supported that happening to her?
They had the girl on good morning america, she had documents from the ER which showed she had a concession from Paul's goon, who by the way has resigned. So no it wasn't just dramatic, try again. He supports this trash just like he supports not taking care on the unemployed who have lost their job by no fault of their own. And I don't support any of the cronies who are in DC or want to be.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:54 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee021362 View Post
It's amazing that anyone would support a fascist pig like Rand Paul....

Old 10-27-2010, 02:37 PM

1,263 posts, read 2,331,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
It's amazing that anyone would support a fascist pig like Rand Paul....
You're a leftist and I disagree with you most of the time. But your description of Paul is right on.
I'm an independent who lately has voted mostly Republican. But Paul is extreme. As a moderate, I detest extremists whether on the far right or far left. Paul obviously is on the extreme right (with some neo-Nazi supporters), so your description of him is accurate.

I sympathize with the sensible Kentuckians who vote against this pig, as they will have to live with him as their representative for the next six years.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:46 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,732,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post

"

The Republicans and Bunning were prepared to vote for the extension as long as it was paid for from unspent stimulus funds. I don't see how that position was unreasonable.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:03 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,738,358 times
Rand supports a return to the days of slavery and plantation politics.

Old 10-27-2010, 04:58 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,737,988 times
As the only Kentucky resident so far on this thread, I'm leaning toward sitting this election out. Rand puts his foot into his mouth too much and Conway is too close to Obama and Pelosi. I don't want to contribute to putting either one of these guys into office.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
The Republicans and Bunning were prepared to vote for the extension as long as it was paid for from unspent stimulus funds. I don't see how that position was unreasonable.
What was unreasonable was that all the extensions had been paid for under Bush as emergency funds not stimulus funds or any other funds, just emergency funds. So the only reason why they wanted them paid for is because Obama is a Dem, if he were a Repub they wouldn't say ****. But they don't give a rats azz about the unemployed or anyone else who is not on wall street, big oil, and the list goes on and on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections