Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 09:58 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,172,850 times

Advertisements

Just curious, will Ron Paul's supporters follow him? What do other conservatives think? I know the neocons don't like him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 02:56 AM

24,423 posts, read 27,119,235 times
He is too establishment Republican to me that places too much emphasis on religion and social issues. I would like to see Chris Christie run for 2016. I wish there was a socially liberal, fiscally conservative candidate.

Old 03-09-2013, 03:34 AM

7,550 posts, read 11,614,539 times
If Hillary Clinton runs for president next time Rand Paul has a less chance of winning than a pot smoking monkey this dude would be more suited to be the new leader of the Taliban. Rand Paul with his over the top lame filibuster killed his chance for ever wining a election for any level of government ever again

Old 03-09-2013, 04:51 AM

77,771 posts, read 105,104,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Just curious, will Ron Paul's supporters follow him? What do other conservatives think? I know the neocons don't like him.
He has a much brighter future right now than his dad ever had. Some Ron Paul supporters here have said they will not support him, time will tell. I would add, one brave stand or whatever we call it, doesn't make a serious candidate or a person ready for the White House. Right now, I happen to think he has a lot to offer, but I am not the Ron Paul supporter you are talking and Rand, is just one of many young up and coming Republicans.

Old 03-09-2013, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
He is too establishment Republican to me that places too much emphasis on religion and social issues. I would like to see Chris Christie run for 2016. I wish there was a socially liberal, fiscally conservative candidate.
Many of us wish the same as you, but Christie probably isn't the answer, plus this thread is about Rand Paul I think. As for Christie, since you mentioned him, he has some flaws that would make him hard to support for many. Because he is perfect for NJ and I think he is, does not make him perfect to be the leader of the country..He is a little abbrasive (spelling) to be considered a good rep for us throughout the world, for starters.

Old 03-09-2013, 05:32 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,378,234 times
It's too early to say. I once thought Christie would be a good choice until I saw him berate those who wanted the government to provide for their needs but then turn around and berate others in government for not being so willing to provide him with everything he wanted.

I can accept a politician that has some ideas that are different than mine but I can't take one that is not willing to live with the same standards he sets for others.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:53 AM

6,940 posts, read 9,705,222 times
If he runs, he'll have to give up his senate seat. I think.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's too early to say. I once thought Christie would be a good choice until I saw him berate those who wanted the government to provide for their needs but then turn around and berate others in government for not being so willing to provide him with everything he wanted.

I can accept a politician that has some ideas that are different than mine but I can't take one that is not willing to live with the same standards he sets for others.
that is why I am keeping my ears and eyes open and waiting to see how some of these candidates mature..I can see, at least 4 or 5 that I am watching, like you, I wanted Christie to run last time, even though some of his ideas were to the left of mine, I was sure he would be the answer, but I am changing my mind.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
If he runs, he'll have to give up his senate seat. I think.
Every state is different, I don't think he has to give his seat up, but he can't run for both, or in some states, he can't. This could affect Rubio as well. He will be up for re-election in 2016.

Old 03-10-2013, 08:25 AM

12,985 posts, read 13,738,537 times
If he runs we will tire of the video of him slobbering candy bar all over him self , I can't wait.
How can a man who can't competently eat a candy bar be respected as the leader of the free world?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections