Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 07:00 PM

1,766 posts, read 3,609,060 times

Advertisements

I will start by saying I am a democrat and am in favor of gay marriage and everyone's civil rights, but I have one problem with the bashing of Carl Paladino. I agree with most of the media that he should be attacked for his comments about homosexuality not being a "valid option," but what I think is unfair is that he is being attacked for thinking that a gay pride parade is not a place for children. How is it okay for young children to see people dressed up in revealing leather clothes and grinding with each other? I wouldn't take a young child to a rap concert either because it has a lot of the same atmosphere, but with straight people. My point is that it doesn't matter what sexual orientation the group is, children shouldn't be around that kind of behavior and I don't see why Carl is being attacked for his comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 08:33 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,709,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh15395 View Post
I will start by saying I am a democrat and am in favor of gay marriage and everyone's civil rights, but I have one problem with the bashing of Carl Paladino. I agree with most of the media that he should be attacked for his comments about homosexuality not being a "valid option," but what I think is unfair is that he is being attacked for thinking that a gay pride parade is not a place for children. How is it okay for young children to see people dressed up in revealing leather clothes and grinding with each other? I wouldn't take a young child to a rap concert either because it has a lot of the same atmosphere, but with straight people. My point is that it doesn't matter what sexual orientation the group is, children shouldn't be around that kind of behavior and I don't see why Carl is being attacked for his comments.
you are a rarity these days... a common-sense (i.e. moderate) democrat.
the problem with todays political environment is that each side is dug in so deep that the moderates can not be heard.
moderates on both sides are going to have to go independent if they want to remain relevant in the future

Old 10-13-2010, 08:35 PM

22,194 posts, read 19,481,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh15395 View Post
Well because he kind of made that stuff up. He was attacking Cuomo for bringing his daughters there, and the video of Cuomo being there with his daughters is around someplace, but well that stuff Paladino said was going on, wasn't....

Old 10-13-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Well because he kind of made that stuff up. He was attacking Cuomo for bringing his daughters there, and the video of Cuomo being there with his daughters is around someplace, but well that stuff Paladino said was going on, wasn't....
No, that kind of stuff never happens at gay pride parades

Old 10-13-2010, 09:05 PM

22,194 posts, read 19,481,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
Yup you know, the NYC Gay Pride Parade is oh so controversial that the NYPD & FDNY march in it and everything....

Old 10-13-2010, 10:09 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
I'd vote for Paladino. He's an Italian-American. Isn't that why blacks overwhelmingly voted for Obama? Oh wait a minute, Cuomo is an Italian American, too. Okay, which Italian American is least likely to raise my taxes?

Good thing I don't live in NY anymore.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:41 PM

767 posts, read 490,040 times
Maybe people are criticizing him for his racist emails he sent about Obama, or how about him mentioning bestiality? I guess you are ok with that.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:20 AM

723 posts, read 634,594 times
Quote:
Actually, it rarely does. As an earlier poster pointed out, city departments have floats that march in the parade. Senators marched in the Albany parade a few months back.

Mardi Gras is much racier.

Old 10-14-2010, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykibs View Post
Actually, it rarely does. As an earlier poster pointed out, city departments have floats that march in the parade. Senators marched in the Albany parade a few months back.

Mardi Gras is much racier.
cops & firefighters marching in a gay pride parade? well then, it must be ok
Those groups will do anything for money. Look at all the photo-tickets, harrassing phone calls, etc. I support my local Krispy Kreme doughnut shop. That should be enough

Old 10-14-2010, 11:36 AM

723 posts, read 634,594 times
Quote:
cops & firefighters marching in a gay pride parade? well then, it must be ok
Those groups will do anything for money. Look at all the photo-tickets, harrassing phone calls, etc. I support my local Krispy Kreme doughnut shop. That should be enough
I really feel like there was supposed to be a point in here. I can't find it though.

Carl Paladino was simply incorrect in his comments (as were you in yours earlier).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections