Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 07:20 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,922,197 times

Advertisements

Intrade has mitt romney winning the nomination for the republicans at this time. I love intrade and its the most accurate forecaster out there because people buy shares of stocks in future events. its number 1.

anyways, they have romney winning it right now facing obama.

right now on intrade obama is at 62.5 for re-election. meaning, if the election was simulated 100 times, he would be re-elected 62.5 of the 100 times.

im curious who you would vote for between the two and why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2010, 07:37 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
Intrade has mitt romney winning the nomination for the republicans at this time. I love intrade and its the most accurate forecaster out there because people buy shares of stocks in future events. its number 1.

anyways, they have romney winning it right now facing obama.

right now on intrade obama is at 62.5 for re-election. meaning, if the election was simulated 100 times, he would be re-elected 62.5 of the 100 times.

im curious who you would vote for between the two and why.
boy do you love and beleive everything Intrade prints!!!

I don't believe this for a second, but if I had to choose, HOLY COW!!! That is liking living in Ca right now and having to choose betewen Moonbeam Jerry and I can buy anything Meg.. Neither is a good choice for our country.

Nita

Old 10-03-2010, 07:44 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,922,197 times
intrade doesnt print or say anything. its a large group of people who buy shares in future events and the markets react accordingly to what is being bought and sold.

right now at this moment romney is the guy for 12 if it was decided tonight. of course things can always change, but its romney at the moment

Old 10-03-2010, 08:02 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,038,590 times
Obama 100%.........because he is leading this country in the right direction.

Old 10-03-2010, 08:12 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
Sarah Palin would beat Obama right now.

I could beat Obama right now.

Romney is another Progressive, with an R by his name... No thank you!

Rand Paul has not even held a seat in congress yet. Has not held any political office at all, yet he is the best thing going against the Progressive machine. The dirtbaggers have met their match with him and Christie.

Old 10-04-2010, 05:07 AM

563 posts, read 518,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Obama 100%.........because he is leading this country in the right direction.
Okay Annie, let me ask you the same question I have put out there for the past 2 years.

Name ONE thing 0bama has done for the good of this country!!! (insert jeopardy theme song)

Old 10-04-2010, 06:50 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,038,590 times
He passed health care, he passed laws to protect consumers from credit card companies, he passed laws to reign in Wall Street, he prefers to use diplomacy rather than knee jerk wars when dealing with the middle east, he passed stimulus bills rather then let this country fall into another depression. He realizes middle America is the backbone of this country, not just the the richest few, he realizes gay Americans should be treated equally, not discriminated against, he realizes women should have sole power over their reproductive decisions, not some bible thumper, he honors the rights of all Americans to have religious freedom, yet not impose their religious beliefs on others.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:14 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
He passed health care, he passed laws to protect consumers from credit card companies, he passed laws to reign in Wall Street, he prefers to use diplomacy rather than knee jerk wars when dealing with the middle east, he passed stimulus bills rather then let this country fall into another depression. He realizes middle America is the backbone of this country, not just the the richest few, he realizes gay Americans should be treated equally, not discriminated against, he realizes women should have sole power over their reproductive decisions, not some bible thumper, he honors the rights of all Americans to have religious freedom, yet not impose their religious beliefs on others.
He passed health care that over 60% of the people did not and do not want. That is really listening to the poeple, isn't it?

He is the laughing stock of the mid east.

The so called CC protection, OMG< are you living on Mars? It was the most deplorable bill ever signed. He gave the companies 7 or 8 months to raise interest rates on those cards. The only benefit it offers: you have to be notified if your rate is increased and it can not be increased on anything you owe at the time. I know of many people who had their rates go from 7 or 8% to a much as 25%. This is such a help to everyone, especially when the same banks are paying as little as 1/2% of CDs..

Ask my gay foster daughter what he has done for gays. We still have "don't ask, don't tell" and he is opposed to same sex marriage.

The stimulus bill has really helped, I see unemployment rates just nose diving, don't you. Of course he does believe in the rich supporting the poor, iisn't that the American way? Nope, but it seems to be your way.

Woman's rights to control thier body, what has he done and what do you mean? I haven't seen any change on this front for many years, nor do I expect to see changes.

As for honoring the rights to practice religious freedom, where are you getting you mis-guided information and give us the name of a recent President that has interferred in the this right.

You might be right on one or two issues, I don't know which ones but you can't be 100% wrong, just close.

Nita

Old 10-04-2010, 09:14 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,807,609 times
Quote:
The poster asked for GOOD things he has done.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:53 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,808,242 times
Quote:

WOW...So many UNEDUCATED people out there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
The poster asked for GOOD things he has done.

LMAO...You beat me to it as I was thinking the exact same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections