Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 08:23 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times

Advertisements

Gallup.Com - 2010 Congressional Midterm Elections

Wow. Hopefully, fingers crossed and double crossed, this will hold for November. My only fear is they are peaking too soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 04:36 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Wow. Hopefully, fingers crossed and double crossed, this will hold for November. My only fear is they are peaking too soon.
But do you realize how many will come here and say, these polls mean nothing, only when they show the other results.

Nita

Old 08-17-2010, 07:27 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Lefty Nate is scared;

Twitter / Nate Silver: I don't think people fully ...

Oh my;

http://www.cookpolitical.com/charts/house/competitive_2010-08-17_15-26-25.php (broken link)

Quote:
Democrats currently have 68 seats listed as Lean or Toss Up.
Republicans currently have 8 seats listed as Lean or Toss Up.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:44 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

I also worry that many people will see big leads in the polls and not get out to vote when it really counts.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:25 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
We the people want change and change is coming.

With only 20% of Americans considering themselves liberal and that number is falling all the time, no way the dems can win anything unless they live in a district that is a majority of dems, they get many indys votes ( not going to happen anymore ) and get some right side rep ( like they did in 06 and 08 ).

If people get out and vote like they should and the indys and right side rep who voted dem in 06 and 08 do not vote dem again, turn out the lights, Pelosi and Reids days are over.

They have had 3 1/2 years to fix things they said were wrong and what did they do? Made things worse instead of better.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:21 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,949,941 times
geez are you talking about that 50% to 43% split

Old 08-18-2010, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
I also worry that many people will see big leads in the polls and not get out to vote when it really counts.
I don't think this will happen. I know here some worry it might happen to Boozman, he has a 15 to 30 point lead. I think the Republicans are so bound to correct some of the wrongs. Remember mid term elections Republicans vote more than Democarts.

Nita

Old 08-18-2010, 10:01 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
We the people want change and change is coming.

With only 20% of Americans considering themselves liberal and that number is falling all the time, no way the dems can win anything unless they live in a district that is a majority of dems, they get many indys votes ( not going to happen anymore ) and get some right side rep ( like they did in 06 and 08 ).
Not true. This administration and Democrat majority party in congress is doing its darndest to increase the size of the Democrat voting base.

Every time they increase the size of the federal government they add more Democrats because those are the people who will run out and vote for the party that gives them the biggest pay raises.

"The Obama administration says the government will grow to 2.15 million employees this year, topping 2 million for the first time since President Clinton declared that "the era of big government is over" and joined forces with a Republican-led Congress in the 1990s to pare back the federal work force. Most of the increases are on the civilian side, which will grow by 153,000 workers, to 1.43 million people, in fiscal 2010."

And that's before the Obamacare hiring is done.

Largest-ever federal payroll to hit 2.15 million - Washington Times

Then they passed Obamacare with its little tidbits that will raise the costs to private insurers that will be in turn passed along to you and send some insurers out of business. Pretty soon people will be begging for the public option because they can't afford their premiums. Obama will say, "See, I told you those insurance companies were out to get you" without mentioning why they had to raise insurance rates. Once we are totally dependent on the government for our healthcare, we'll be no different than the people on welfare. We'll need them to stay alive so we'll all vote Democrat.

Then there is illegal immigration. Of course Obama has said he wants comprehensive reform and won't do much about border security because he's afraid if he does border security the Republicans won't come to the table on "comprehensive immigration reform." He wants a path to citizenship. Those are millions of potential Democrat voters. They are poor people. They are going to need the freebies the Democrats always provide. It won't matter to him that those millions of new citizens will put a lot of blacks, legal hispanics and white people out of work (because once they are citizens they won't just be doing jobs Americans won't do and they will get paid the same for those better jobs). He'll just catch those displaced workers up in welfare and extended unemployment. They'll vote Democrat to keep food on the table and a roof over their heads.

Now they are trying to bailout union pensions after they push card check to increase the number of union members. Buying more Democrat votes.

Almost everything this administration has pushed has the hidden agenda of making people more reliant on the Democrat Party for their well-being so the Democrats can retain power.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:39 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,923,315 times
its pretty common knowledge that the reps will win the house.

i laugh at people like sunny days though who believe things will be different with a rep majority in the house. its like he's posting all his hope in the elected reps. that false sense of hope is one of the biggest problems in this country.

ill say this though. the best thing for obama is for the reps to win the house for 2012

Old 08-18-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
its pretty common knowledge that the reps will win the house.

i laugh at people like sunny days though who believe things will be different with a rep majority in the house. its like he's posting all his hope in the elected reps. that false sense of hope is one of the biggest problems in this country.

ill say this though. the best thing for obama is for the reps to win the house for 2012
and why do you say that? Just curious as to your reasoning about the best thing for Obama..

As for winning the house, it isn't common knowledge, in fact it is probably not even a 50/50 shot..It could happen, might happen, but no one is putting a lot of money on who will control the house or the senate in Jan of 2011. Libs would like to say it is a foregone conclusion. That was if it doesn't happen, they can come back with "what a stunning defeat for the Republicans"

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections