Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 05:29 PM

4,010 posts, read 10,218,952 times

Advertisements

This video pretty much sums up what is going on. It is simply disgusting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4it-Fs8RLw

Old 12-03-2009, 06:01 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,697,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbollo View Post
This video pretty much sums up what is going on. It is simply disgusting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4it-Fs8RLw
CitiGroup. Enough said.

I just got off the phone, after spending half-hour chewing the butt of a CSR regarding Citibank's Home Depot Card. It is absolutely unbelievable what they are doing to customers! It is, without question, corporate fraud.

These people ought to be flogged and imprisoned for the rest of their lives.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:38 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,844,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
Maybe I'm not following you - are you saying that you think George Bush didn't have a role in the recession? Or not a significant one?

I figured that his role in this was so obvious that it went without saying.
Of course he did. He held a gun to people's heads and made them buy homes. I've got a photo of this. He also caused Wall Street to be greedy, bankers to sell crap on a stick, and Dubai World to forfeit on 60B worth of debt. He's the anti-Christ.

Blaming George Bush for a recession is like blaming your wife for sleeping with another man. Yeah. All her fault. The thread title is a some sort of political jab at George Bush with a reference to something concerning the economy. I make threads like this in the food section, by the way, so I'm guilty as well.

"George Bush's tuna casserole has caused our foreign reputation to crumble....like casserole topping."

"Obamacare? Death panels with sweet delicious brownies? Yes, Please!"

"Dick Cheney's Spotted Dick?" Delicious. "Pass the dick, Dick."

Spotted dick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Incidently, I think George Bush was a twit. I say this, because some one here is going to say "SEE he LOVES GW.," No, I just hate political threads.
It always comes down to two (or more) people, trying to convince each other they are right/wrong.

It's like election signs. Ever see those? In someone's yard?

"VOTE FOR TOM SPAMKY!"

Yeah, that's the strength of my convictions. I'm gonna drive by, see a sign and say, "Yeah! I think I'll vote for Tom Spamky!"

Internet is like that, too. All the signs in the world, will not make someone vote for Tom Spamky, if they don't like Tom Spamky.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:06 AM

1,921 posts, read 6,432,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Pardon me but I did "put it where it belongs". True, it does walk the thin line but it's about the mess our economy is in which is all about about money.
Still feel like this was the right forum for your thread???

Old 12-04-2009, 08:00 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,758,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
He held a gun to people's heads and made them buy homes. I've got a photo of this. He also caused Wall Street to be greedy, bankers to sell crap on a stick, and Dubai World to forfeit on 60B worth of debt. He's the anti-Christ.

Blaming George Bush for a recession is like blaming your wife for sleeping with another man.
Well, he appointed Greenspan, who kept rates too low for too long. Also..

Bush oversaw the failures of the office of thrift supervision:
Banking Regulator Played Advocate Over Enforcer - washingtonpost.com

Bush's OCC prevented states from regulating mortgage products:
Eliot Spitzer - Predatory Lenders' Partner in Crime - washingtonpost.com

Steven Pearlstein - The Big Banks' Best Friend in Washington - washingtonpost.com

Bush's SEC failed to regulate S&P or Moody's, who rated mortgage-backed securities:
Flawed Credit Ratings Reap Profits as Regulators Fail (Update1) - Bloomberg.com&

Bush's SEC was pitiful in persuing fraud:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/25/bu...raud.html?_r=1

I understand if you don't take the time to read any of this, and instead respond with some trite, off-the-cuff snark; that's been the general tone of this thread so far.

Bush was a serial deregulator, with no regard to the complexity of the system.

Last edited by le roi; 12-04-2009 at 08:19 AM..

Old 12-04-2009, 09:52 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,697,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
Well, he appointed Greenspan, who kept rates too low for too long.
Wow. George Bush appointed Greenspan - back in 1987?

Whooda thunk?

Old 12-04-2009, 10:02 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,758,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Wow. George Bush appointed Greenspan?
Yes, twice, in June 2000 and June 2004.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:56 AM

1,921 posts, read 6,432,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Yep, I sure do. That said, I can't control what other people post nor can I control the direction they take any thread. Way to many people can't stay centered on the topic at hand anyway.
Yeah, really shocking that this thread turned into a political discussion. No one could have possibly seen this coming, given the thread title and completely political nature of the article that started this whole train wreck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics