Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 06:38 AM

975 posts, read 1,760,780 times

Advertisements

But, it’s no longer about doing the right thing, is it? It’s all about not losing money and, in fact, making it

LOL!. You crack me up. This is all it's EVER been about and it should ever be about. Where talking business here not church.

i’m wondering today how much profit GS and JPM traders have made shorting CIT stock?

Hopefully they made a ton. That is their job afterall as traders.

you are right that cit group and citigroup are 2 different companies, and that the saudi prince is heavily invested in citigroup.

I'm right about this whole subject. There's nothing new here. If you're a business you have to make money or you go bankrupt. That's how it's always worked until the idea of systemic risk came about thanks to Paulson and Bush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 01:59 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,961,958 times
wall street performed a valuable investing function and it may be all about making money, but i certainly still hope it is about making money honestly.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:51 PM

975 posts, read 1,760,780 times
Well, when it comes to business and especially Wall St honesty has many defintions. I think we could agree though that at the very least everyone needs to play within the rules. Of course, the problem is trying to agree what those rules should be.

As for CIT though, there is nothing dishonest at all about shorting the **** out of piece of trash company. Those shorts are only there because the mis-management of the company provided them an opportunity. I just wish I was smart enough to have joined them. LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics