Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 08:15 PM

4,709 posts, read 12,672,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
WaMu still continuously sends out credit card applications! What's up with that?

Yeah, what is up with that?

And what is up with Wachovia? Here in the DC area, Wachovia is still running ads for CDs in the Washington Post....and TV commercials about what a wonderful bank they are. Nary a word that they will soon be Wells Fargo!

Seems like they'd be playing up the Wells connection, because the average (ignorant) joe doesn't know what's going on...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 02:26 AM

3,306 posts, read 4,154,073 times
I think it may be that they paid for the advertisements awhile ago and so they get printed, sent out etc regardless of what is going on. I'm sure in a few months we won't be seeing much though.

I got many WaMu credit card offers over the last few months...

Old 10-17-2008, 02:56 AM

3,853 posts, read 12,864,420 times
The top 5 banks in the US are too big to fail. If they do fail, the FDIC will be wiped clean the tax payer will be left to foot the bill. The result will either be a) massive printing of the dollar to back up deposits b) a total lose of confidence in the dollar all together.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Too_Big_to_Fail_policy

Old 10-17-2008, 07:09 AM

5,760 posts, read 11,542,728 times
'tis only a flesh wound . . . .

(the conversation is always going downhill once the Monty Python or Star Trek refs start)

Old 10-17-2008, 03:27 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,829,266 times
I bumped the post to bring up this point...

That it was pretty hilarious that the OP said it wouldn't happen, yet it did.

Old 10-17-2008, 03:58 PM

3,306 posts, read 4,154,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
That it was pretty hilarious that the OP said it wouldn't happen, yet it did.
I've noticed a lot of this sort of hilarity lately. Not just here but in real life too.

Old 10-21-2008, 09:18 AM

1,459 posts, read 3,297,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I thnk he works for MaMu, bro. Read some of his posts...like...the last 3 or 4 of them.

...all supporting Wamu 'cuz it's so kewl - N- Stuff.

Blech.

Here's a gem from one of his prior posts....

actually Saddam Hussein caused this war. how old are you? 14?

I'd post a "FAIL" picture...but the mods would just delete it.
as usual your education fails you...again. go read upon how JP Morgan and the FDIC basically raped this company through corruption. There is a reason why there are multiple lawsuits out there.

if you really don't know anything, I'd really shut up but then again I doubt you can appear any dumber.

Old 10-21-2008, 12:20 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,829,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird2007 View Post
as usual your education fails you...again. go read upon how JP Morgan and the FDIC basically raped this company through corruption. There is a reason why there are multiple lawsuits out there.

if you really don't know anything, I'd really shut up but then again I doubt you can appear any dumber.
dumber - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

6 a: lacking intelligence : stupid b: showing a lack of intelligence <asking dumb questions> c: requiring no intelligence <dumb luck>

7: not having the capability to process data <a dumb terminal> — compare intelligent 3a

If you look through my links in Seattle.. and the business section.....wait..here..we go,,,

03-15-2008, 07:25 PM
https://www.city-data.com/forum/busin...bove-junk.html
Just figured I'd flip this out there if anyone has more than $100,000 in saving in Washington Mutual. They just got downgraded from Baa3 from Baa2. Which is one step above "junk".

There ya go.

07-08-2008, 11:43 PM
https://www.city-data.com/forum/seatt...-credit-2.html
P.S.
I think Wamu is dead. Alt A paper is going to kill them.

09-13-2008, 01:38 AM
https://www.city-data.com/forum/business-finance-investing/355865-dominoes-anyone.html

I smell Wamu failure, too. They were cut to junk Thursday.

You claim I lack the ability to process information (i.e. <---is dumber).

Your remarks I find to be irony, at its very best.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:14 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,192,280 times
I made 50% on WAMU (WAMUQ) in one day this week.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:03 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,855,797 times
WAMU can go under for all I care. I was working for Dime Saving Bank in 2002 when WAMU took over the bank. They cut our salary 33% as well as our medical and dental benefits. The management at the time did not communicate this important bit of information to us until a few months after the merger was completed because they were worried the staff would quit in droves leaving the new employees to run the branches. Instead we trained the new staff and were ready to replace us when WAMU reduced our salary. None of these new employees had a business degree but they did hired them cheap. I contacted the New York State department of labor about what was going on but they could careless about a reduction in pay. I had been with the bank for several years and told my boss that if they tried that with me I would walk out without giving them notice. They did and I went back to college to become a teacher. Six years later I have my master's degree in education and am doing pretty well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics