Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 04:43 PM

795 posts, read 1,392,340 times

Advertisements

That is categorically false.

I almost spit out my drink at "record high." LMAO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 05:20 PM

494 posts, read 1,917,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by celcius View Post
That is categorically false.

I almost spit out my drink at "record high." LMAO
what is categorically false? educate yourself please and no need to spit out your drink due to a reaction because of your profound ignorance.

Alternate Inflation Charts

true CPI is closer to 10%, published CPI probably 2%

Old 04-29-2013, 05:20 PM

14,016 posts, read 20,917,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducviloxi View Post
your money is already being confiscated by the government - it's called inflation. And contrary to what our government says and publishes inflation is at a record high.
How do you figure? Sounds to me like you are hallucinating. Please explain yourself.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:46 PM

106,771 posts, read 108,973,015 times
Record inflation does not happen when folks are out of work ,no raises and wages and hours cut.

The world is de-leveraging ,that in itself is deflationary. The fact certain sectors went up does not mean we are in an inflationary scenerio.

Housing costs and mortgages have deflated. Home prices have deflated.

Do you know how much extra one could pay for food or energy with just the savings on housing costs with that refinance or purchase? alot.

Folks are doing this or that not this and that,that is not inflationary either.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:53 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,690,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
that sums up many of our opinions .

those that don't act financially because they are always waiting for the other shoe to drop end up living very poor lives or have financial resources far below what they could have had.
It's hard to overcome teachings that make money a real "thing" when in fact it is an invention of man not mother nature.

There is a way to blunt the effects of fiat currency when you turn it into real assets (not land which is real but can never be "owned") like living a moderate life with enough of the hard goods of life to enjoy a comfortable life.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:54 PM

762 posts, read 1,100,139 times
^^Yep, the warning was telegraphed & appropriate planning should be on everyone's radar. https://www.city-data.com/forum/20688852-post12.html

Old 04-29-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
It's hard to overcome teachings that make money a real "thing" when in fact it is an invention of man not mother nature.

There is a way to blunt the effects of fiat currency when you turn it into real assets (not land which is real but can never be "owned") like living a moderate life with enough of the hard goods of life to enjoy a comfortable life.
Try taking anything else but money to the supermarket. Let us know how that works out for you.

Old 04-30-2013, 05:37 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,690,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
It is a well known fact that the FDIC is but one of the Gov't propaganda mills used to convince the people that the money is "safe" and all is well. When the truth is just the opposite. The money is fiat and all is not well.

However, the public must continue to believe in the fiat currency or the whole house of cards will collapse around our ears. So the public plays along with the lie and uses fiat money simply because they have no other choice. Civilization demands the use of money to exist so it matters not if it's fiat or solid gold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Try taking anything else but money to the supermarket. Let us know how that works out for you.
I already addressed that point in a previous post. That said, what's your point??

Old 05-24-2013, 04:54 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,244,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by celcius View Post
Funny money? I'll tell you what's funny - I am blinded in here by the sunlight reflections off all the tin foil....

Maybe a collapse could be healthy though. If QE stops, then all my stock in Tobacco companies will disappear overnight - you know, because then everyone will instantly quit smoking.
And after the collapse of the stock market, exactly how much money will you be getting from these tobacco stocks? You might want to think about the rich people standing in highrise windows after the Stock Market Big Crash because they lost EVERYTHING.

Old 05-24-2013, 06:19 PM

It is worth the risk because those that did not try still had the same nothing.

I would rather roll the dice trying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics