Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2009, 11:11 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,483,779 times

Advertisements

I made a payment to my home depot account last month. I walked in the store and wrote a check. It took 10 days to clear my bank. I made another payment today and I asked the customer service rep if she knew why it takes so long and she said it sometimes does. They have an armored car that picks up their deposits and it goes from there.
My question is. What happend to the checks after they get picked up by this armored car?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 01:06 AM

3 posts, read 7,968 times
Default Biltmore who's who scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I made a payment to my home depot account last month. I walked in the store and wrote a check. It took 10 days to clear my bank. I made another payment today and I asked the customer service rep if she knew why it takes so long and she said it sometimes does. They have an armored car that picks up their deposits and it goes from there.
My question is. What happend to the checks after they get picked up by this armored car?

I think they get bounced. Go to Bank i check it once whether the check is proper worked or not. No more option....Any way i am new bee to this forum. I am the member of " Biltmore Who's Who " located Hollywood, Florida...

Old 09-15-2009, 01:56 AM

16,071 posts, read 21,144,062 times
This won't be an answer to what you asked exactly, but it might help explain a part of the reason why your checks sometimes take so long to clear the bank.

Typical scenario where I used to work:
You come in on Wednesday and make a purchase, writing a check.
Thursday is not a scheduled armored car day for us, so your check sits in the store.
Friday might be a bank holiday, so again no pick up.
Saturday and Sunday, armored car again is not scheduled for those days.
Monday your check is finally picked up, but it rides around in the back of the armored truck for most of the day before the truck returns to the bank.
Tuesday, it's almost a week since you wrote the check, and your check is finally sorted and put on someones desk for processing.

Old 09-15-2009, 06:46 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,483,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
This won't be an answer to what you asked exactly, but it might help explain a part of the reason why your checks sometimes take so long to clear the bank.

Typical scenario where I used to work:
You come in on Wednesday and make a purchase, writing a check.
Thursday is not a scheduled armored car day for us, so your check sits in the store.
Friday might be a bank holiday, so again no pick up.
Saturday and Sunday, armored car again is not scheduled for those days.
Monday your check is finally picked up, but it rides around in the back of the armored truck for most of the day before the truck returns to the bank.
Tuesday, it's almost a week since you wrote the check, and your check is finally sorted and put on someones desk for processing.
Does it matter that it is out of state check?

Old 09-16-2009, 07:22 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,072,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Does it matter that it is out of state check?
Probably not. Although, this "float" period of time works to your advantage, so long as you keep track of what you have spent and don't try to spend the same money twice...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics