Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 04:44 PM

603 posts, read 1,947,169 times

Advertisements

omg what a beautiful baby!!hope everything goes good at the vets!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 10:11 PM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,118,385 times
That's called knuckling over and can be corrected, if addressed early, with a comprehensive feeding program. If you google, knuckling over, there are lots of links...I've posted one here for you.

Knuckling Over, Bowed Legs and HOD - Great Dane Health | GREATDANELADY.COM

It can happen with many breeds, not just Great Danes. I've even seen it in small Boston Terriers.

Old 02-19-2010, 02:03 AM

2,807 posts, read 7,582,606 times
I just had to say OMG, that is a BEAUTIFUL puppy...I just wanna kiss that cute little face...and oh, how I miss puppy breath!!!

Old 02-19-2010, 05:55 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,408,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSP View Post
That's called knuckling over and can be corrected, if addressed early, with a comprehensive feeding program. If you google, knuckling over, there are lots of links...I've posted one here for you.

Knuckling Over, Bowed Legs and HOD - Great Dane Health | GREATDANELADY.COM

It can happen with many breeds, not just Great Danes. I've even seen it in small Boston Terriers.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
Guess we were googling the wrong terminology!

Old 02-19-2010, 03:58 PM

Chris just called...She had just gotten home from the vet.
First question from the vet was : "Was she contained in a very small space for her early weeks?"
She thinks this was the major cause for this deformity.
Good news is.... The vet thinks it is not so serious that it will not work itself out. She didn't think a cast or splint was necessary...but walking her and letting her get lots of exercise would help it too improve.
Chris said from the time she first got her...just a week ago and the when the pics were taken...to today, she already looks better.
Jai was given a clean bill of health otherwise. Her cuts are now scabbed over and healing. And beginning to fill out nicely weight wise. Amazing what a week in a healthy environment can do!!!

Old 02-19-2010, 04:09 PM

5,010 posts, read 10,686,308 times
I was wondering when we would hear about Chris' latest rescue...

Glad to hear that things went well at the vet. As you said, the good news is that the deformity has occurred at an age when it can correct itself.

But really, who cares? That pup is so adorable and I'm just happy that she was saved from those miserable, worthless pieces of ****, GRRRRRRR!

Old 02-19-2010, 04:10 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,016,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
First question from the vet was : "Was she contained in a very small space for her early weeks?"
Good news is.... The vet thinks it is not so serious that it will not work itself out. She didn't think a cast or splint was necessary...but walking her and letting her get lots of exercise would help it too improve.
Chris said from the time she first got her...just a week ago and the when the pics were taken...to today, she already looks better.
Jai was given a clean bill of health otherwise. Her cuts are now scabbed over and healing. And beginning to fill out nicely weight wise. Amazing what a week in a healthy environment can do!!!
The sweetest news of the day!

Old 02-19-2010, 04:49 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,238,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post

Glad to hear this news!

Old 02-19-2010, 04:56 PM

Thanks all! In the meantime, this little one is keeping Chris' mind off Kota.

Old 02-19-2010, 05:42 PM

1,300 posts, read 3,602,293 times
So glad everything is ok!! And I must say what a GORGEOUS puppy!! Those puppy eyes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs