Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 09:49 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,518,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillypups View Post
So glad there are a couple self serve dog bath wash facility's within 40 miles from us.
They supply a very clean facility, looks more like a hospital it is so clean, every time we go.
They supply the shampoo (they have 7 varieties)...the cream rinse...the rubber scrubbers,,,face cloths, towels, chamois, perfect temperature water...never changes temp, water comes out on a long hose with great sprayer, even has a turn on/off on nozzle.. Tubs up high so the parent of the dog doesn't have to bend over. Ramps or stairs for larger dogs to get into tubs.
There is blo-glo-coat spray and a colonge if you chose to use it.
No need to...the cream rinse smells great to us & last a long time.
There are 2 different types of dryers & combs & brushes & furminater too.

All of this for $20.00 per dog. It's W O N D E R F U L !!!
I would go there!!! Wish we had something like that. I live 35 miles from town, I can still wish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 09:56 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,130,623 times
I agree Driller... I'll have to go looking for one of those places. I live just outside San Diego so I would bet there is one here. It kind of defeats the money saving idea of doing it yourself though it is still cheaper than most groomers.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:40 AM

9,347 posts, read 20,130,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillypups View Post
So glad there are a couple self serve dog bath wash facility's within 40 miles from us.
They supply a very clean facility, looks more like a hospital it is so clean, every time we go.
They supply the shampoo (they have 7 varieties)...the cream rinse...the rubber scrubbers,,,face cloths, towels, chamois, perfect temperature water...never changes temp, water comes out on a long hose with great sprayer, even has a turn on/off on nozzle.. Tubs up high so the parent of the dog doesn't have to bend over. Ramps or stairs for larger dogs to get into tubs.
There is blo-glo-coat spray and a colonge if you chose to use it.
No need to...the cream rinse smells great to us & last a long time.
There are 2 different types of dryers & combs & brushes & furminater too.

All of this for $20.00 per dog. It's W O N D E R F U L !!!
WOW!! that IS a nice one..... ours isn't quite so well equipped, although it does offer a couple of varieties of shampoos..... you push the buttons on the console to select what you want.... high rinse, low rinse, shampoo, conditioner and i forget what else..... sort of like a self-service car wash..... its $8.00 for 11 or 12 minutes and $1 a minute after..... i can usually get bailey done and THOROUGHLY rinsed and the tub thoroughly rinsed in no more than 14 minutes or so......

i bring my own doggie shampoo..... the varieties they offer are very foofy and/or floral smelliing..... i prefer just a nice, clean scent.......

Old 10-16-2009, 10:54 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,130,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
WOW!! that IS a nice one..... ours isn't quite so well equipped, although it does offer a couple of varieties of shampoos..... you push the buttons on the console to select what you want.... high rinse, low rinse, shampoo, conditioner and i forget what else..... sort of like a self-service car wash..... its $8.00 for 11 or 12 minutes and $1 a minute after..... i can usually get bailey done and THOROUGHLY rinsed and the tub thoroughly rinsed in no more than 14 minutes or so......

i bring my own doggie shampoo..... the varieties they offer are very foofy and/or floral smelliing..... i prefer just a nice, clean scent.......
I know what you mean. I caught myself lingering when I was giving Harper his good morning attention just to enjoy the smell of stank free dog.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:50 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,605,467 times
During the summer, Macie gets a bath with a garden hose on the deck. Once the weather gets too cool for that, we frequent the self serve dog wash near us. I think ours runs $16-18....SO much easier than bending over a bathtub. Not to mention, I can't imagine what our drains would look like if we added Macie-hair...then washing out dog towels and getting her dried would take forever and they have dryers at the dog wash.....so worth it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs